PDA

View Full Version : Kent State Baseball

msudawg1200
03-04-2021, 10:58 AM
I think picking them up to replace Tennessee Tech might end up being better for us. Kent State swept Tenn Tech last weekend, and are 23 in RPI.

Jack Lambert
03-04-2021, 01:48 PM
They like all schools are going to have that one or two pitchers that can throw. Scholarship limits keeps teams more equal. Baseball is a good example on why they should limit football scholarships.

Cowbell
03-04-2021, 03:15 PM
I think picking them up to replace Tennessee Tech might end up being better for us. Kent State swept Tenn Tech last weekend, and are 23 in RPI.
If we win

Saltydog
03-04-2021, 07:52 PM
We better hope they're not better than Tulane, who was beaten (6-1) by one of the LA directional schools earlier this week.....

Cloak
03-04-2021, 11:27 PM
Still no Bednar. Cerantola Saturday. Let's see what happens

State82
03-05-2021, 01:23 AM
Still no Bednar. Cerantola Saturday. Let's see what happens

This situation with Bednar is looking eerily like the Ginn deal. Which does not bode well.

Dawgbite
03-05-2021, 08:41 AM
We better hope they're not better than Tulane, who was beaten (6-1) by one of the LA directional schools earlier this week.....

In my opinion you can’t really judge a team by mid week games. You are at best facing a team’s fourth or fifth starter and many teams treat these games as a glorified scrimmage experimenting with line ups and pitching rotation.

StarkVegasSteve
03-05-2021, 09:15 AM
This situation with Bednar is looking eerily like the Ginn deal. Which does not bode well.

I'd rather hold him out now and have him during SEC play than rush him back and risk something happening. We do need him back in two weeks though for LSU. Maybe we can get him some innings mid week this week and throw him out of the pen next weekend. He needs to be ready to go for LSU.

MaroonFlounder
03-05-2021, 09:48 AM

Normally it would not bode well. But in this year with so many pitchers to work with, maybe not so bad. I can name several "relievers" that should be starters, and would be for many other programs.