View Full Version : We're Back

StarkVegasSteve
03-02-2021, 03:46 PM
My interpretation of the order from Reeves is that The Dude can be wide open. 100%. If so, LET'S RIDE. Tennessee Tech picked a bad weekend to come to The Dude.

State82
03-02-2021, 03:48 PM
No kidding? Wow. I haven't heard anything yet. That's outstanding!

Cooterpoot
03-02-2021, 03:54 PM
Not likely going to be 100% regardless.

Saltydog
03-02-2021, 03:55 PM
Wonder how they'll do the season tickets now? Only the first 1500 in the BDC were able to purchase.

StarkVegasSteve
03-02-2021, 03:56 PM

They may still limit GA but I don't see why you couldnt go 100% in the chairbacks.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-02-2021, 04:37 PM

Yes the sheep who fall for the scare tactics won't be there.

StarkVegasSteve
03-02-2021, 04:45 PM
Reeves just said no restrictions.....OPEN IT UP. The Lounge is back in business.

KB21
03-02-2021, 04:51 PM
Reeves just said no restrictions.....OPEN IT UP. The Lounge is back in business.

Apparently, the decision to open things up completely is up to the local municipalities. So, it will be up to the board of supervisors and the mayor.

ScoobaDawg
03-02-2021, 04:52 PM

I'm watching this topic close.

Everyone keep the politics out of this... even though it is nothing BUT POLITICS i know...report the facts

Dawgology
03-02-2021, 05:00 PM
I got my Covid vaccine today so I see no leason that I can?t gow to see state pl阿姨啊 氛围 games in美元 opinion 腌萝卜和白菜价格

RiverCityDawg
03-02-2021, 05:18 PM

If people want to stay home because they're scared, that's there right too. But it should be up to the businesses(University) and people who would attend making those decisions, not the government.

Homedawg
03-02-2021, 05:25 PM
I don't get the sense we are about to go to 100%. It's going to increase but not full initially

KOdawg1
03-02-2021, 05:27 PM
I doubt we go full 100% right away.

But whatever is next is a whole lot better than 20%.

Cooterpoot
03-02-2021, 05:46 PM
Apparently, the decision to open things up completely is up to the local municipalities. So, it will be up to the board of supervisors and the mayor.

It's up to the school.

KOdawg1
03-02-2021, 05:58 PM

The mayor has no control over Mississippi State.

Dawgology
03-02-2021, 06:04 PM
Probably will open up to full capacity WITH social distancing first. So maybe 50% capacity. Maybe a little more.

Lord McBuckethead
03-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Mississippi State is not under the City of Starkville's authority or jurisdiction. But I would still socially distance if you can. Just keep it as common sense as possible. Don't go licking the railings and letting people sneeze in your face.

Duckdog
03-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Cohin's wife is going to tell cohin what to do. We all know what thst means

Cooterpoot
03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Probably will open up to full capacity WITH social distancing first. So maybe 50% capacity. Maybe a little more.

Going to be more than 50% but not sure how much more.

Saltydog
03-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Doesn't give a whole lot of detail but this is what I got from the Athletic Department:

STATEMENT FROM MSU ATHLETICS ON GOVERNOR?S ANNOUNCEMENT

Based on updates in Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves' latest Executive Order, Mississippi State Athletics will optimize capacity at events in the near future while maintaining appropriate health and safety standards.

The health and safety of student-athletes, staff and the Mississippi State community remain of the utmost importance. MSU intends to strike a necessary balance between protecting our student-athletes, staff, and fans and expanded capacity and fewer restrictions.

MSU is in constant communication with state and local government officials, as well as other state institutions, to determine what modifications will be made to existing game-day operations plans.

MSU Athletics will assess the situation during the coming weeks prior to Southeastern Conference competition. Once details are finalized, the MSU Athletics Ticket Office will contact ticket holders and students via email.

MSU appreciates everyone's continued patience and flexibility during this process.

In consultation with the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Mississippi State Department of Health, and the SEC, MSU will continue existing game-day health and safety guidelines including:

All guests, employees and stadium workers will conduct self-screening prior to leaving home. Per MSU guidelines, this should include an "at-home" temperature check, and review of potential COVID-19 symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pains, sore throat, and a new loss of taste or smell. If anyone has any of these symptoms or a fever of greater than 100.4 degrees, the person should stay home.
Anyone with these symptoms after entering the stadium shall report to stadium First Aid Stations for screening and triage by Emergency Service response staff.
Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout the stadium prior to and during all games.
All stadium workers and athletic department staff will wear face coverings over the nose and mouth at all times.
Face coverings (over the nose and mouth) shall be required as a condition of admittance for all guest during ingress, egress, and movement throughout the stadium, as well as any time guests are unable to maintain the recommended physical distance from others who are not in their same household or when actively eating or drinking.
Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the stadium, along with increased directional signage.
Signage will be placed along pedestrian paths to the stadium, at gates and/or other ingress/entry points that outline mandates for all guests to wear face coverings and mandates guests not to enter the stadium if they display any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined by the CDC.
To the extent possible, all transactions will be contactless or touchless such as mobile ticketing, contactless ticket scanning, touchless restroom fixtures, cashless and touchless concessions and if available, fan apparel sales. For more information on mobile ticketing and frequently asked questions visit hailst.at/MobileTickets

Todd4State
03-02-2021, 07:45 PM
I'm starting to wonder (conspiracy theory warning) if this is going to serve as an experiment to see if MSU can sell tickets and meet demand without having to sell berm tickets. Intentional or not.

I'm excited no matter what they mean decide. More people allowed in means more tickets on the open market- which makes it easier to see a game regardless of the capacity restrictions.

Homedawg
03-02-2021, 08:00 PM
I'm starting to wonder (conspiracy theory warning) if this is going to serve as an experiment to see if MSU can sell tickets and meet demand without having to sell berm tickets. Intentional or not.

I'm excited no matter what they mean decide. More people allowed in means more tickets on the open market- which makes it easier to see a game regardless of the capacity restrictions.

I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph....

Jarius
03-02-2021, 08:19 PM
I doubt we go full 100% right away.

But whatever is next is a whole lot better than 20%.

This is what is total bullshit. They take everything away and then when they finally give just a little bit back we are all just grateful to take the crumbs because it’s better than nothing. I have been one of the only Cohen and Keenum supporters on here but the fact that the governor says we can have 100 % attendance and they aren’t going to 100% attendance is complete and total bullshit. They both deserve a ton of heat for this bullshit.

RocketDawg
03-02-2021, 08:29 PM
I wonder how many people are going to check their temperature before leaving home for the game.

Homedawg
03-02-2021, 08:40 PM
I wonder how many people are going to check their temperature before leaving home for the game.

Zero

starkvegasdawg
03-02-2021, 09:02 PM
While not affecting MSU piss all, Starkville is keeping the mask mandate until at least 3/16 when the city council meets again. Spruill said she would like to keep it until the spring semester ends in April.

Homedawg
03-02-2021, 09:35 PM
While not affecting MSU piss all, Starkville is keeping the mask mandate until at least 3/16 when the city council meets again. Spruill said she would like to keep it until the spring semester ends in April.

While Oxford votes 7-0 to end it.... just FYI. I'm not really bothered by the mask. I wear one just to make other people happy anyway. Not sure why I don't like them, the masks have completed ended the flu as we know it***

Todd4State
03-02-2021, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph....

It's no secret that MSU wants fans in the seats and they see the same issue that we all do with the empty chairbacks and has been working to find a solution for this.

The most fair way to do it for all involved is a ticket exchange- which MSU has with StubHub. The issue is season ticket holders are having to be encouraged to use it.

Apparently fans that had tickets to JSU and Tulane last week that didn't use them are going to be penalized somehow- which is the first time I have ever heard of MSU having to do this. My guess is you won't be penalized if you can't go but put your tickets up on StubHub but that's just a guess.

confucius say
03-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Come may, it's going to be hot wearing a mask at a baseball game. I guess you could just hold a water and say you're drinking

Homedawg
03-02-2021, 09:56 PM
It's no secret that MSU wants fans in the seats and they see the same issue that we all do with the empty chairbacks and has been working to find a solution for this.

The most fair way to do it for all involved is a ticket exchange- which MSU has with StubHub. The issue is season ticket holders are having to be encouraged to use it.

Apparently fans that had tickets to JSU and Tulane last week that didn't use them are going to be penalized somehow- which is the first time I have ever heard of MSU having to do this. My guess is you won't be penalized if you can't go but put your tickets up on StubHub but that's just a guess.

First, nobody is going to be punished. Second, I get we want people in the stands. Third, we absolutely want the berms full. And they will be in this scenario and when we are "full".

Homedawg
03-02-2021, 09:57 PM
First, nobody is going to be punished. Second, I get we want people in the stands. Third, we absolutely want the berms full. And they will be in this scenario and when we are "full".

Jsu tickets were sold under a different premise than Tulane. They were first come first serve. Tulane were sold as part of the "pre conference" sell and priority got those people those if they had tickets before.

SmokeyDawg
03-02-2021, 10:32 PM

I thought they were calling a special session. Also, I took what she said as she didn't agree but it would be up to the board of supervisors and alderman.
Either way it would be hard if not impossible to regulate a mask mandate at a bar or restaurant that's at full capacity without a restricted curfew. And the city doesn't have a mandate on capacity or curfew. Those were state regulations that were enforced differently from location to location

Todd4State
03-02-2021, 10:37 PM

I'm going off of what the Genespage crew is saying as far as unused tickets by ticket holders being "looked at" and those fans possibly having to buy fewer tickets in the future.

confucius say
03-02-2021, 11:10 PM
I only see 4 Tix on stubhub for Friday's game. None for Saturday or Sunday as of now.

Joebob
03-02-2021, 11:22 PM

**** you.

Sienfield
03-03-2021, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs

**** you.

Boo

Johnson85
03-03-2021, 10:27 AM
This is what is total bullshit. They take everything away and then when they finally give just a little bit back we are all just grateful to take the crumbs because it’s better than nothing. I have been one of the only Cohen and Keenum supporters on here but the fact that the governor says we can have 100 % attendance and they aren’t going to 100% attendance is complete and total bullshit. They both deserve a ton of heat for this bullshit.

Yes, but, there are logistics involved. Not sure if we can have concessions and tickets ready for a full crowd on four days notice. Maybe we can. Then there is the issue of giving ticketholders some notice. Not sure what message was given to people that purchased tickets, but potentially they bought it with the expectation of having restricted capacity,a nd some of them may not feel comfortable attending with full capacity. If they weren't warned of the possibility that more tickets would be sold, I don't mind giving them a week's notice and some sort of refund option if they aren't comfortable attending with full capacity.

If we're not fully open by the next weekend, they need to be bitch slapped. But needing a little more than a week to figure it out and implement it doesn't bother me.

Jarius
03-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Yes, but, there are logistics involved. Not sure if we can have concessions and tickets ready for a full crowd on four days notice. Maybe we can. Then there is the issue of giving ticketholders some notice. Not sure what message was given to people that purchased tickets, but potentially they bought it with the expectation of having restricted capacity,a nd some of them may not feel comfortable attending with full capacity. If they weren't warned of the possibility that more tickets would be sold, I don't mind giving them a week's notice and some sort of refund option if they aren't comfortable attending with full capacity.

If we're not fully open by the next weekend, they need to be bitch slapped. But needing a little more than a week to figure it out and implement it doesn't bother me.

The main job of the AD is to have this planned out and ready to go (outside of coaching hires). They have had 12 months to formulate a plan for this. If they were caught off guard by the governor’s order then shame on them for not having a plan. If we are full capacity next weekend it’s more understandable but I don’t think we will be.

Hot Rock
03-04-2021, 03:19 PM

I will be sure to tell my dead father-in-law that Covid was just a scare tactic. I am sure he will be impressed. As will my two cousins and three friends that are cold and in the ground.

KOdawg1
03-04-2021, 03:23 PM

Lol okay.

RocketDawg
03-04-2021, 04:01 PM
While Oxford votes 7-0 to end it.... just FYI. I'm not really bothered by the mask. I wear one just to make other people happy anyway. Not sure why I don't like them, the masks have completed ended the flu as we know it***

Alabama extended the mask order until the first week in April. I was surprised, given the way she was talking yesterday (personal responsibility, etc.). But I also agree that it should have been extended. Now the Alabama State Health Department needs to quit screwing around and get people vaccinated.

RocketDawg
03-04-2021, 04:02 PM
Come may, it's going to be hot wearing a mask at a baseball game. I guess you could just hold a water and say you're drinking

That's what Fauci did at the game where he threw out the first pitch.

RocketDawg
03-04-2021, 04:04 PM
How was the attendance at the USM game in Jackson last night? Had they opened it up to additional fans?

Percho
03-05-2021, 01:02 PM
?Baseball is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical?

That 100%?

Percho
03-05-2021, 01:06 PM
If people want to stay home because they're scared, that's there right too. But it should be up to the businesses(University) and people who would attend making those decisions, not the government.

It should be up to; If they have a place for me and I want to pay my money to see a game, they should let me in.

Percho
03-05-2021, 01:07 PM
Are they putting on a health clinic or a baseball game?

Percho
03-05-2021, 01:09 PM
This is what is total bullshit. They take everything away and then when they finally give just a little bit back we are all just grateful to take the crumbs because it?s better than nothing. I have been one of the only Cohen and Keenum supporters on here but the fact that the governor says we can have 100 % attendance and they aren?t going to 100% attendance is complete and total bullshit. They both deserve a ton of heat for this bullshit.

Amen and A err never mind.