PDA

View Full Version : Softball Team

preachermatt83
03-01-2021, 10:56 PM
I?m a big ole boy, so I mean zero disrespect, I?m just wondering if I?m the only one who noticed we have a larger than average team?

Cooterpoot
03-01-2021, 11:05 PM
We lack speed & athleticism because they've gotten them too big. I coached one of the kids and she's put on 15 LBs since arriving. She didn't need it. Our pitching sucks too! Almost all too big as well.

Offshore Dawg
03-02-2021, 08:49 AM
They could be following the example of their head coach

preachermatt83
03-02-2021, 11:31 AM
We lack speed & athleticism because they've gotten them too big. I coached one of the kids and she's put on 15 LBs since arriving. She didn't need it. Our pitching sucks too! Almost all too big as well.

Yup!! Speed is where it’s at in softball. Period. And Aspen is the best Pitcher we have and it’s not even close but we aren’t using her except for midweek stuff.

Cooterpoot
03-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Yup!! Speed is where it’s at in softball. Period. And Aspen is the best Pitcher we have and it’s not even close but we aren’t using her except for midweek stuff.

They're still trying to figure out the pitching. We just don't have a stud.

shoeless joe
03-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Another reason to be mad about Vic leaving...he always had several players that were easy on the eyes!!!

Oh my bad...wrong sport

Todd4State
03-02-2021, 11:05 PM
Sounds like we re-allocated Joe Moorhead's S&C to softball.

Have they been to the water park lately?

Dawgfan77
03-03-2021, 08:40 AM
Not trying to be cancel culture here but can we not comment on the size of these young ladies. I'd expect more from a pastor. Maybe I'm sensitive suns I have a daughter is some would consider bigger and you don't understand what all she has to go through. Sorry if this offends people but those girls don't need to be shamed

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-03-2021, 09:50 AM
They're still trying to figure out the pitching. We just don't have a stud.

What happened to the girl from Neshoba? Wasn't she supposed to be a stud? Forgive me I don't follow softball that much but I remember hearing on a podcast a few years back that we had gotten a phenom pitcher from Neshoba I think.

viverlibre
03-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Not trying to be cancel culture here but can we not comment on the size of these young ladies. I'd expect more from a pastor. Maybe I'm sensitive suns I have a daughter is some would consider bigger and you don't understand what all she has to go through. Sorry if this offends people but those girls don't need to be shamed

We wouldn't be MSU if we didn't destroy our own.

Cooterpoot
03-03-2021, 11:15 AM

Some of these girls have added the size since arriving. I don't have an issue discussing it as long as people aren't making fun etc. I think it's a legit concern with all the weight being added and in the sense that we lack some athleticism and speed. Obviously we like girls with size because they bring power. But the team is limit overall because of the lack of speed and athleticism. We'll be at the bottom of the conference in stolen bases and taking extra bases on hits. It's simply part of softball. If they win doing it, this all goes quiet anyway. Great chance with AL right now!

Cooterpoot
03-03-2021, 11:21 AM
What happened to the girl from Neshoba? Wasn't she supposed to be a stud? Forgive me I don't follow softball that much but I remember hearing on a podcast a few years back that we had gotten a phenom pitcher from Neshoba I think.

I tried to tell everyone she was good but not elite. She's been ok so far. Seems to have an inning that gets her most games but so do all of our pitchers. I liked what I saw last week. She just needs more experience to get past the bumps.

preachermatt83
03-03-2021, 05:03 PM

We can’t comment on a player seemingly not being conditioned well? Good grief. I am fat. Bad fat. I’m not making fun of anyone. I just think we should be recruiting speed and developing some of these girls bodies to be more successful as a program. My Lord.

preachermatt83
03-03-2021, 05:03 PM

She’s the best pitcher we have. Easily.

BiscuitEater
03-03-2021, 05:28 PM
I?m a big ole boy, so I mean zero disrespect, I?m just wondering if I?m the only one who noticed we have a larger than average team?

Instead of finding 'anything' positive to say about the team, you point out that we have 'a larger than average team.' NOT, that they are winning, not that they are smashing HRs, BUT that they are larger than average team. And, you absolutely meant to 'disrespect' the team or you would not have posted it!

Dawgfan77
03-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Instead of finding 'anything' positive to say about the team, you point out that we have 'a larger than average team.' NOT, that they are winning, not that they are smashing HRs, BUT that they are larger than average team. And, you absolutely meant to 'disrespect' the team or you would not have posted it!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad I don't belong to your "flock". Would hate if my pastor was on a message board pointing out how out of shape my daughter is when his fat ass is gasping for air trying to preach the good word.
Sorry...

Cooterpoot
03-03-2021, 08:49 PM
14 Ks in 6 innings against Fouts for AL. That's a career high for her.

preachermatt83
03-04-2021, 02:48 AM

I’m sorry but they are greatly underperforming

preachermatt83
03-04-2021, 02:49 AM

So not only can we not run bases well but we make up for it by striking out too much? Nice!

Cooterpoot
03-04-2021, 04:55 AM

They aren't underperforming. They faced one of the top 3 pitchers in the country and a top 5 team. Errors on a couple bunts beat us. AL only had a few hits. We have to hit bombs to score because we can't create runs like AL, who has a lot of speed.

99jc
03-04-2021, 07:11 AM

if they don't mind being a fat butt neither should we.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-04-2021, 09:46 AM
They aren't underperforming. They faced one of the top 3 pitchers in the country and a top 5 team. Errors on a couple bunts beat us. AL only had a few hits. We have to hit bombs to score because we can't create runs like AL, who has a lot of speed.

That?s literally his point though, that we don?t have the speed and it?s limiting us.

S&C is a completely valid thing to discuss in ANY SPORT! I remember year before last when we talked about how out of shape the football team was, we pointed out that Errol Thompson had a beer gut. Not a single person accused those worried about S&C of being negative, attacking the players, or being sexist.

Now, is the team underperforming? Is trading speed for power a bad decision? I don?t know. That?s not my point- my point is that it?s a completely valid point to be concerned about a sports S&C program.

The sexism I see isn?t from Preacher. It?s from the posters that cannot see the softball team as athletes, but only as girls. It?s valid to discuss anything that affects their on field performance as athletes. Especially because this is more about the coaching staff than it is any particular player

BiscuitEater
03-04-2021, 09:56 AM
We can?t comment on a player seemingly not being conditioned well?

You didn't comment about their 'conditioning.' The OP was about their size.

I?m sorry but they are greatly underperforming

Did a softball player steal your lunch money? This team just got up to #16 in the nation (told it is highest ranking in the history of MSU softball and just had the longest win streak in the nation snapped. Yea, wish there were more MSU teams 'underperforming' and getting up to #16, having a winning 8-5 record, and coming off a nation leading win streak! They have also played three top 20 teams.

So not only can we not run bases well but we make up for it by striking out too much? Nice!
MSU, besides slugging 16 HRs, has stolen 19 bases on the year, while only been CS 3 times. Two weeks ago, they stole 7 bases in a single game. Not bad for a team that you said .. 'So not only can we not run bases well' and is 'a larger than average team!'

You owe the Coaches, Players and MSU an apology. They deserve better from their 'fans.'

Cooterpoot
03-04-2021, 09:58 AM
That?s literally his point though, that we don?t have the speed and it?s limiting us.

S&C is a completely valid thing to discuss in ANY SPORT! I remember year before last when we talked about how out of shape the football team was, we pointed out that Errol Thompson had a beer gut. Not a single person accused those worried about S&C of being negative, attacking the players, or being sexist.

Now, is the team underperforming? Is trading speed for power a bad decision? I don?t know. That?s not my point- my point is that it?s a completely valid point to be concerned about a sports S&C program.

The sexism I see isn?t from Preacher. It?s from the posters that cannot see the softball team as athletes, but only as girls. It?s valid to discuss anything that affects their on field performance as athletes. Especially because this is more about the coaching staff than it is any particular player

That was MY point, not his. We aren't underachieving based on what we've got. We've played a rough schedule the last week. We've had a lot of injuries. S&C is a problem IMO. We're exactly what I said we were. Limited athletically, hit bombs, and very limited pitching.
We're a top 25 team in one of the toughest conferences in the country. We get OM next. Lose the series to them, & we're underachieving.

Cooterpoot
03-04-2021, 10:03 AM
You didn't comment about their 'conditioning.' The OP was about their size.

Did a softball player steal your lunch money? This team just got up to #16 in the nation (told it is highest ranking in the history of MSU softball and just had the longest win streak in the nation snapped. Yea, wish there were more MSU teams 'underperforming' and getting up to #16, having a winning 8-5 record, and coming off a nation leading win streak!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot:

Cooterpoot was posting about 'our' pitcher, Aspen Wesley, who got 14 SOs against #2 Bama and has huge future potential for 'our' team. And, MSU, besides slugging 16 HRs, has stolen 19 bases on the year, while only been CS 3 times. Two weeks ago, they stole 7 bases in a single game. Not bad for a team that you said .. 'So not only can we not run bases well' and is 'a larger than average team!' They have also played three top 20 teams.

You owe the Coaches, Players and MSU an apology. They deserve better from their 'fans.'

AL struck us out 16 times. Aspen pitched well enough too, but her defense let her down and we obviously couldn't hit Fouts who is fantastic!

BiscuitEater
03-04-2021, 10:30 AM
AL struck us out 16 times. Aspen pitched well enough too, but her defense let her down and we obviously couldn't hit Fouts who is fantastic!

My bad .. misunderstood about the SOs. Went back and edited my post to clarify. I do think MSU softball has shown vast improvement and has a bright future!

basedog
03-04-2021, 10:43 AM
FLM/Fat Lives Matter!

Maroonthirteen
03-04-2021, 10:54 AM
How did this thread get this long without a rebuttal?

https://www.tiktok.com/@kenleyyyyhawk?lang=en

Cooterpoot
03-04-2021, 10:54 AM
FLM/Fat Lives Matter!

Ridiculous BS

Cooterpoot
03-04-2021, 10:58 AM
My bad .. misunderstood about the SOs. Went back and edited my post to clarify. I do think MSU softball has shown vast improvement and has a bright future!

We are improved over the years and MS has some of the worst softball you'll see, so recruiting is limited instate. It's a tough job. But we need to get over the hump and find a way to finish top 6 and host a super.