PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ellis must go and take Wyatt

bully99
11-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Everybody's talking about Mullen and Stricklan, but our radio broadcast is an embarrassment. I know most people don't listen to radio anymore, but Jim Ellis is awful. He doesn't have a clue much of the game, constantly with long hesitations, uhs and ahs. He doesn't tell you where the ball is,repeatedly saying "the ball was caught along the way " without ever saying where the ball is. He confuses names and players . He's just lost most of the game. It's embarrassing for a sec school to have a broadcasting team as bad as ours. Ellis is worse than Jack in his final few years.

Matt Wyatt is no better. Wyatt must get paid by the word, because I've never heard a guy talk so much and say so little. Hey Matt, every player out there is a "young man ". Your nonstop use of saying "the young man from so and so " gets old about the first quarter. And please quit grunting into your microphone. An old adage "less is more "would serve you well.

God bless John Correro but the only thing he does about three times a game is say Jim I don't know what happened.

So if we're cleaning house of Mullen, Stricklan, and others, let's start fresh with a new broadcasting team.

maroonmania
11-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I appreciate Ellis as a broadcaster but he is on up there in age himself and his passive, emotionless style is much better suited for baseball because of the type game it is than football. In football you need someone with a little energy to them.

Jacksondevildog
11-10-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm wondering how many times Zak Prescott was said yesterday?

4Dawgs4Life
11-10-2013, 02:39 PM
So now it's all the broadcasters fault?

Sheesh we have absolutely the worst fanbase in America!

was21
11-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Everybody's talking about Mullen and Stricklan, but our radio broadcast is an embarrassment. I know most people don't listen to radio anymore, but Jim Ellis is awful. He doesn't have a clue much of the game, constantly with long hesitations, uhs and ahs. He doesn't tell you where the ball is,repeatedly saying "the ball was caught along the way " without ever saying where the ball is. He confuses names and players . He's just lost most of the game. It's embarrassing for a sec school to have a broadcasting team as bad as ours. Ellis is worse than Jack in his final few years.

Matt Wyatt is no better. Wyatt must get paid by the word, because I've never heard a guy talk so much and say so little. Hey Matt, every player out there is a "young man ". Your nonstop use of saying "the young man from so and so " gets old about the first quarter. And please quit grunting into your microphone. An old adage "less is more "would serve you well.

God bless John Correro but the only thing he does about three times a game is say Jim I don't know what happened.

So if we're cleaning house of Mullen, Stricklan, and others, let's start fresh with a new broadcasting team.

Agree about the broadcast. I've never thought Jim was good at football broadcasts. He was ok as Jack's sidekick. He doesn't seem to be interested in football that much. The tone of his voice is obviously different when he's doing baseball because he loves baseball. I don't follow basketball so don't know about that. But he is simply boring doing football. I don't particularly care for Matt Wyatt either. He doesn't provide any real insight to the game, and as you say seems to be just along for the ride. It's hard for me to take Wyatt seriously as a broadcaster. I don't have anything personal against him.

CooterDavenport
11-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Jim's age is definitely showing, but I like Wyatt a lot.

M.Fillmore
11-10-2013, 03:17 PM
I like Jim in Baseball. In football and hoops he is plagued by being the next guy after Jack (who I loved to the end) and his style is better suited to baseball. I confess I don't listen to the football broadcasts either so I can't comment on Matt. Please tell me Matt is better on the broadcasts than he is on Head to Head. I quit listening to that fiasco a long time ago.

bully99
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Jim Hawthorne LSU guy is another one that is really getting bad. A station in Jackson carries lsu games and I've listened to Hawthorne last couple of years and he's about as clueless as Ellis. His sidekick spends the whole game correcting Hawthorne. Jack stayed on way too long. Someone should tell broadcasters when it's time.

ScottH
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
What's ULL's broadcast team like? :)

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2013, 04:13 PM

This made me laugh.

BeastMan
11-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I've had to listen to parts of 2 of our games this year and yesterday I had to catch some of the 2nd half on the radio. Jim Ellis is the worst radio play by play guy I have ever heard. I'm not exaggerating a bit. He is horrible. Both games I've listened to I get angry b/c I have no idea what is going. The radio broadcast is infuriating. Then they go down on the feild to Correro... but at least we know he will be clueless.

In summary, the MSU game broadcast is pathetic and embarrassing. Wyatt is the only reason you don't just cut it off.

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I know back in the day there were rumors that Will Kollmeyer was going to take over for Jack. Maybe pairing Kollmeyer with Wyatt and then maybe use Ellis for something like a pre-recorded halftime interview with some MSU legend?

DownwardDawg
11-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Haha!!! Well played.

War Machine Dawg
11-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I know back in the day there were rumors that Will Kollmeyer was going to take over for Jack. Maybe pairing Kollmeyer with Wyatt and then maybe use Ellis for something like a pre-recorded halftime interview with some MSU legend?

It's Kollmeyer's dream job, but I don't think it will ever happen. Bart Gregory seems to be the heir apparent for play-by-play. Hope like hell I'm wrong, though. Kollmeyer and Wyatt would be a kickass tandem.

And we need to get rid of Correro yesterday. Is there a more useless sideline guy in the SEC?

was21
11-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Correro is kind of a relic like Felker. They just hang around on the payroll year after year. Most schools have that kind of thing, it's just tolerated...perfect examples of overhead expense. I think Correro actually has another job at State on the cruises and such for alumni.

paco
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Matt Wyatt is one of the best in the business!!!

chef dixon
11-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Listening to sporting events on the radio when you can't watch sucks period, and no person could be put behind the microphone and change that. Anything else to complain about while we are at it?

BeastMan
11-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Listening to sporting events on the radio when you can't watch sucks period, and no person could be put behind the microphone and change that. Anything else to complain about while we are at it?

That just isn't true. I remember years ago before the TV deals, I caught many of Jack's broadcast. He would set the field and announce they play as it happened. You never had to guess what was going on. With Ellis you never have a clue. During the OSU game there was a big 3rd down play for us. Ellis calls it as "Big play for the bulldogs D. [OSU QB] hands it off... (you hear crowd noise) (I shit you not 30 seconds of silence). First down OSU". In the meantime I'm wondering wtf? Nothing saying he's close, he got it, measurement coming, etc... No setup of either formation either. It's honestly that bad.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Lets fire the cheerleaders and water boys while we are at it. You all are some hating SOB's and some of you might want to lay off the message board for a while.

BeastMan
11-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Lets fire the cheerleaders and water boys while we are at it. You all are some hating SOB's and some of you might want to lay off the message board for a while.

Water boys doing a damn fine job

bully99
11-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Paco "Matt Wyatt is one of the best in the business!!!". Dick Cross? Dat you?

Gotta go to Hud to update us on
U La La. Maybe next year we can just hire Hud and the broadcast team.

Dawgface
11-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I have no idea if Matt and Jim are doing a good job or not. I'm either at the game(don't listen to radio play by play) or at home watching the game on tv. In fact I have never heard the 2 of them together.

BogeyGolfer
11-10-2013, 07:53 PM
I listened to the entire game on my drive from Jackson to NE Ms... I will agree that Jim isn't great but he's not bad either... Just kind of average. I enjoy listening to Matt but I will agree he rambles too much but it's not that big of a deal. Props to 107.9 I had a signal from Madison to Tupelo must be one powerful station....

Jdawg
11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
This made me laugh.

Agree, that made oh Jdawg chuckle.

Homedawg
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
It's Kollmeyer's dream job, but I don't think it will ever happen. Bart Gregory seems to be the heir apparent for play-by-play. Hope like hell I'm wrong, though. Kollmeyer and Wyatt would be a kickass tandem.

And we need to get rid of Correro yesterday. Is there a more useless sideline guy in the SEC?

So Will is the broadcast version of HUD? Dream job?......sorry had to join the fun!

C222
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM

It's really embarrassing. Our fans are a joke sometimes.

Corey♥DemDawgs
11-10-2013, 09:32 PM
It's really embarrassing. Our fans are a joke sometimes.
Just comical who our fans blame next, maybe it'll be the bus driver or bully.

bulldogcountry1
11-10-2013, 09:40 PM
So now it's all the broadcasters fault?

Sheesh we have absolutely the worst fanbase in America!

Historically, there are two scenarios when our fans start attacking the broadcasters:

1. When the team is doing well and there is nothing else to bitch about.
2. When the team isn't doing well and the radio fans insist on shooting the messenger.

ScoobaDawg
11-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Just comical who our fans blame next, maybe it'll be the bus driver or bully.

Wellllll... I wouldn't cry if Everett was replaced.

gravedigger
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Ellis was the football and basketball color analyst for years and that is what he does well. Play by play isn't his thing. Baseball is his sport and he's fine but has a few quirks.

Matt is a guy that has no a Ability to get to the point. It's worse on head to head radio show with cross.

I like Correro. Always will. He should be doing play by play.

RougeDawg
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Good thing it's the 21st century and you now have unlimited options to "watch" our shitty play calling, as opposed to listening to shitty play calling, Of shitty play calling.

bully99
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Most of you who comment about the complainers don't understand just how bad it is. Jim Ellis is so discombobulated and confused you can't even follow what is happening in the game. And as I've said before Wyatt must have learned under the direction of David Murray. Why use 10 words when you can use 100 words to not say anything. After Jack retired should have done a nationwide search for a broadcasting team.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Hasn't correro been doing it just as long a Ellis?

MadDawg
11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Why use 10 words when you can use 100 words to not say anything. After Jack retired should have done a nationwide search for a broadcasting team.

Personally, I'd rather listen to the ramblings of someone who loves MSU in the broadcast booth than some concise-speaking, learned-where-MSU-is-last-week prick any damn day of the week.

A nation-wide search for a broadcast team? Holy shit.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Most of you who comment about the complainers don't understand just how bad it is. Jim Ellis is so discombobulated and confused you can't even follow what is happening in the game. And as I've said before Wyatt must have learned under the direction of David Murray. Why use 10 words when you can use 100 words to not say anything. After Jack retired should have done a nationwide search for a broadcasting team.

We would have ended up with Clemson's assistant sideline reporter*

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Personally, I'd rather listen to the ramblings of someone who loves MSU in the broadcast booth than some concise-speaking, learned-where-MSU-is-last-week prick any damn day of the week.

Haha I agree

C222
11-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Haha. That was my first thought as well.

MadDawg
11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
We would have ended up with Clemson's assistant sideline reporter*

+1

hdc
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
This thread is really funny. We have a team that can't put together a complete game against a quality opponent, any team in the country could score on us in the last two minutes of the first half, and our recruiting is in the toilet. What's the problem? It's the radio crew!!!!

I think we need to get rid of some of the tuba players in the band, too. That will fix the problems. Oh, and don't forget the crappy hotdogs.

bully99
11-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Whoever they got would have been better than what we have now.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 04:12 PM
This thread is really funny. We have a team that can't put together a complete game against a quality opponent, any team in the country could score on us in the last two minutes of the first half, and our recruiting is in the toilet. What's the problem? It's the radio crew!!!!

I think we need to get rid of some of the tuba players in the band, too. That will fix the problems. Oh, and don't forget the crappy hotdogs.

Are there really people blaming our wins and losses on the radio crew? Oh that's right....No. It's a sports topic and they can't talk about the Elephant in the room or else the thread will get locked, SO radio it is.

Wanna blame somebody, blame the sissies that quit reading the board and complained to the mods because people were being negative about our poor little sweet coach.