PDA

View Full Version : Mullen doesnt Commit

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Look at Auburn, TSUN, Bama, LSU, even A&M, they all know what they do offensively and they stick to it and make you stop it before they switch. A&M obviously has the best player in the country on their offense so its kinda unfair for them but the rest? TSUN. They run packaged plays over and over again. Meaning they come onto the field and their plays have 3 options depending on what the QB sees, its either a read option, screen, or pass. They run the same formations time and time again because its who they are they stick to it. LSU, they pound your ass and then take shots downfield. Bama, they do the same. Auburn, is what we should be offensively. Their QB has thrown 16 passes in 2 weeks, and they have one of the best offenses in the SEC. That should be us. I understand you have to throw it some on 3rd down and some on 1st to mix It up every now and then but gosh damn Mullen waits till we're down 17 to do what we do, that's spread option ground and pound. And when we do it, regardless of the opponent, we move the ball and score points. Auburn runs the same formation time and time again. Why can Dan not do this? Is it just so hard to figure out for him or what? He wont commit to what we are. We'll run the ball and move it but then we'll throw 3 passes the next drive and punt or turn it over. Look at Hud at ULL, watch their games and tell me theyre not just like Auburn. They POUND THE ROCK. We should too but Dan refuses to commit to it which is absolutely beyond me as to why he doesn't.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Not totally disagreeing, but he stats say that isn't the biggest problem. Mullen committing may mean we could win the West, but our problem right now is turnovers and special teams. That is what is preventing us from winning games. Mullen committing would be great, and I agree with that, but the stats indicate that that isn't the biggest problem.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2fe7dec33a&view=att&th=1424336d59726576&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnulnb250&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-86FNMNj_TRhskVN66cmLk&sadet=1384107169346&sads=f8w7I4vRrQCtTmV0ff2GHcQ7V7k&sadssc=1

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Not totally disagreeing, but he stats say that isn't the biggest problem. Mullen committing may mean we could win the West, but our problem right now is turnovers and special teams. That is what is preventing us from winning games. Mullen committing would be great, and I agree with that, but the stats indicate that that isn't the biggest problem.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2fe7dec33a&view=att&th=1424336d59726576&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnulnb250&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-86FNMNj_TRhskVN66cmLk&sadet=1384107169346&sads=f8w7I4vRrQCtTmV0ff2GHcQ7V7k&sadssc=1

Mullen coaches special teams so that's all on him as well. Our defense forced 3 turnovers yesterday, after the first pick inside our redzone Dan calls two passes inside his own 5. Why? Then we get the ball inside their territory after ANOTHER interception and what do we do? Dan calls passes and we end up with a blocked FG. WHY?????????????

slickdawg
11-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Dan committed to recruiting the best players in Mississippi, he did that, including Tyler Russell. Back then that raised eyebrows because some people saw what would happen. You cannot run a zone spread offense with a pure pocket passer. We've geared our offense for that for over two years, and now all the sudden we're midstream and trying to switch our entire offensive philosophy back to spread zone read.

I do say to put Sallach at a desk job and go hire a full time special teams coach.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Dan committed to recruiting the best players in Mississippi, he did that, including Tyler Russell. Back then that raised eyebrows because some people saw what would happen. You cannot run a zone spread offense with a pure pocket passer. We've geared our offense for that for over two years, and now all the sudden we're midstream and trying to switch our entire offensive philosophy back to spread zone read.

I do say to put Sallach at a desk job and go hire a full time special teams coach.
But he has Dak Prescott who is an absolute stud, its obvious the guy knows how to run the option and hes hell on earth to tackle. So why do we insist on calling shitty plays and misusing our the talent we have on offense. Our RBs are Bama, LSU caliber. JRob, Perk, Griffin, Milton, Shumpert. But the majority of carries go to an injured scatback that dances too much. Perk has made plays in the past but he just doesn't look like the same guy this year. Dak has a good arm and has made some great throws, his confidence is sky high theres no excuse as to why Mullen doesn't use all this. I agree with you about Sallach

slickdawg
11-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I completely agree about LDP - grossly misused. He's a slot guy, wheel route guy, not a between the tackles guy.

Jrob first touch? 50 yard TD. Shumpert got one carry, went for 9.

Again, it's hard to change the entire offense back to zone read spread midseason from what we've run with Tyler. I think in general our coaches have done a solid job doing this under bad circumstances.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Just don't understand how or why anyone could defend Mullen at this point, hes made the same dumbass decisions every week since Bama game of last year and keeps costing us games. Surely he's pissed enough big money guys off that if he doesn't make a change then he's gone. If we don't beat Arky, and UM he should be gone. I personally will be highly disappointed if we get blown out this week vs Bama