PDA

View Full Version : Coaches coach and players have to make plays

4Dawgs4Life
11-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Mullen isn't the one dropping first down catches. Mullen isn't the one committing dumb penalties. Mullen isn't the one not blocking. Mullen isn't the one missing tackles. Mullen isn't the one busting coverage.

You can bring in freaking Nick Saban if you want, but until our players start focusing and instituting what they are being taught we aren't going to win many games. Now yesterday the players played with more effort (product of good coaching) but they still made mistakes they shouldn't (product of players not focusing). I wonder if there are a couple of bad apples that are effecting some of the other players.

I just don't get where some of you think that a coach like Hudspeth would do better here. I mean honestly what has Hudspeth done that shows that he would be a world beater here? He doesn't gaurantee us a win against LSU, aTm or Bama. Hell any coach in America doesn't do that fo us.

I do understand the frustration but if you are calling for a coach that isn't a proven big time winner then you are only doing ti because of frustration and not because that coach has proven he could do better.

Tell me we can hire Saban, Spurrier, Richt or Meyer then by all means go ahead. I'm telling you guys the only move out there that would improve us is Petrino. If you are going to pull the trigger on that then stay the course with Mullen. He will get us there. Schedule isn't his fault!

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Here is the problem, we beat those teams in stats against A&M. So, in a sense, we did catch the ball, block, and tackle A&M as well as those teams. It comes down to costly turnovers and special teams.

Clean those up and we are really good team without doing anything else marginally better.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2fe7dec33a&view=att&th=1424336d59726576&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnulnb250&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-86FNMNj_TRhskVN66cmLk&sadet=1384107169346&sads=f8w7I4vRrQCtTmV0ff2GHcQ7V7k&sadssc=1

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah- but he's the one telling Tyler to run the zone read, telling Dak to throw it downfield, the one not starting Bear and Fred Brown, thinks that Perkins is Adrian Peterson and that Devon Bell is Ray Guy.

I can put up with mistakes a lot better if it's the best guys on the team making them.

Hudspeth is about to win the Sun Belt and has taken a ULL to three bowls in a row for the first time in their history. But hey, if we can get Saban- that's fine with me too.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Here is the problem, we beat those teams in stats against A&M. So, in a sense, we did catch the ball, block, and tackle A&M as well as those teams. It comes down to costly turnovers and special teams.

Clean those up and we are really good team without doing anything else marginally better.

The fact is, we can complain about Mullen's personnel usage till we are blue in the face, and much of that is warranted, but even with the personnel management problems we have, we are more than good enough to win games if we clean up the turnovers and special teams.

If we cleaned up special teams and got the personnel decision figured out, then I don't even want to speculate how good we could be.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2fe7dec33a&view=att&th=1424336d59726576&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnulnb250&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-86FNMNj_TRhskVN66cmLk&sadet=1384107169346&sads=f8w7I4vRrQCtTmV0ff2GHcQ7V7k&sadssc=1

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 01:51 PM

There are big differences between our total offense and defense and our scoring offense and defense. We get yards- but we are in the middle of the pack nationally as far as points. And the Alcorn and Troy outliers help prop that up.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
There are big differences between our total offense and defense and our scoring offense and defense. We get yards- but we are in the middle of the pack nationally as far as points. And the Alcorn and Troy outliers help prop that up.

Totally agree, but my is that even with all the complaining about the offensive personnel decision and Nickoe, if Dak doesn't throw the 2nd half interception and A&M doesn't get the big run back on the kick off/ and or the safety and field goal miss, we have a great chance at winning that game yesterday.

4Dawgs4Life
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
So you wanna bench the upperclassmen that have proven themselves? This is SEC and even if they have talent the youngsters have to be implemented in slowly. There are little things they haven't picked up yet.

Turnovers are player's faults, not coaching. Now sometimes it's just a great play on the part of the other team's players.

TopconDog
11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Mullen isn't the one dropping first down catches. Mullen isn't the one committing dumb penalties. Mullen isn't the one not blocking. Mullen isn't the one missing tackles. Mullen isn't the one busting coverage.

You can bring in freaking Nick Saban if you want, but until our players start focusing and instituting what they are being taught we aren't going to win many games. Now yesterday the players played with more effort (product of good coaching) but they still made mistakes they shouldn't (product of players not focusing). I wonder if there are a couple of bad apples that are effecting some of the other players.

I just don't get where some of you think that a coach like Hudspeth would do better here. I mean honestly what has Hudspeth done that shows that he would be a world beater here? He doesn't gaurantee us a win against LSU, aTm or Bama. Hell any coach in America doesn't do that fo us.

I do understand the frustration but if you are calling for a coach that isn't a proven big time winner then you are only doing ti because of frustration and not because that coach has proven he could do better.

Tell me we can hire Saban, Spurrier, Richt or Meyer then by all means go ahead. I'm telling you guys the only move out there that would improve us is Petrino. If you are going to pull the trigger on that then stay the course with Mullen. He will get us there. Schedule isn't his fault!

3rd and 4 qb sweep with Russell,4th and 2 perk up the gut,jrob 6-73 perk 16-55, wasting 3 series with Russell,

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM

You cannot be a real person.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Totally agree, but my is that even with all the complaining about the offensive personnel decision and Nickoe, if Dak doesn't throw the 2nd half interception and A&M doesn't get the big run back on the kick off/ and or the safety and field goal miss, we have a great chance at winning that game yesterday.

Well hell, if A&M doesn't turn the ball over 3 times (uncharacteristic of them to do so), we don't have a great chance. I swear Dan Mullen is the "ifs and buts" national champion.

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Well hell, if A&M doesn't turn the ball over 3 times (uncharacteristic of them to do so), we don't have a great chance. I swear Dan Mullen is the "ifs and buts" national champion.

No doubt. The bottom line is that everybody sees the multiple mistakes, but the Mullen defenders are just scared to death that we may be even worse if we fire him. What they don't realize is that if you really look at who he is beating it's not likely at all that we could go backwards with a guy like Hud. Especially with all of the talent we have on the team and a better recruiter coming in.

msugolf
11-10-2013, 02:30 PM
So you wanna bench the upperclassmen that have proven themselves? This is SEC and even if they have talent the youngsters have to be implemented in slowly. There are little things they haven't picked up yet.

Turnovers are player's faults, not coaching. Now sometimes it's just a great play on the part of the other team's players.

Now I know you are a troll. I guess according to your philosophy everyone who is older and more experienced should automatically get paid more than their younger counterparts, regardless of their value to the organization/economy.

The only thing that is owed to these players is a scholarship. That's it! Everything else should be based on who gives the team the best chance to succeed.

maroonmania
11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Penalties and blown assignments ARE on the coaches. If a coach teaches you to be in position to cover, block or tackle and you at least know how to cover, block and tackle but don't execute then THAT is on the player. But if a guy is lost out there or doing dumb penalties and not made to suffer consequences then that is a coaching problem. A guy like Whitley who repeatedly is getting penalties because he can't control his emotions will continue to do so because there are NO negative consequences from the coaching staff for his actions.

4Dawgs4Life
11-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Cadaver I'm real and I'm a real Dawg not a negative nancy trolling rebel!

All our talent? Talent will show up regardless. If Mullen is guilty of anything it is not recruiting top tier talent. But he develops what he does get. Thus the reason we will have a year like this about 1 out of 4. He has to develop the last two classes. Next and Dak's senior year will be big years. But if you don't think it's players then look at who's beating us. Then compare their recruiting rankings to ours. Doesn't mean their coaches are better coaches. The may be better recruiters but recruiting isn't the only thing a coach has to do.

Now Patrino can recruit AND develp with the best of them. Same for Saban. Now Miles recruits great but isn't the best in developing. Just look at Metty. Sure he showed some signs this year but look what TSUN and Bama did to him. The signs of progress he showed was because of talent not development.

Dak is showing signs of development. So will Ashton and the rest of the young uns.

geotop
11-10-2013, 02:59 PM
I doubt seriously that we win another game this year. Bama will beat us by 30 ,Arkansas will rip our defense apart. TSUN looking more and more legit. I hate to come across as negative, but I was at the game yesterday, and we were outmatched
in every psition.,,, especially the coach position. We are pathetic

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM

http://lacigreen.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/you-are-stupid.gif

4Dawgs4Life
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Well thank you for proving my point.

As soon as folks like you and cadaver start name calling or not being able to make counter arguments you prove my point. Again thank you.

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Well thank you for proving my point.

As soon as folks like you and cadaver start name calling or not being able to make counter arguments you prove my point. Again thank you.

We've been destroying your stupid points for the last month. Read the damn threads and you will see why we don't want to absolutely shred this ridiculous thread sentence by sentence. You aren't even close to being right about any of your points. In fact, you are so ridiculously senseless with your posts, that they are not taken serious and therefore nobody wastes time arguing them. Everybody thinks you are a troll because we don't feel like a normal person could be that dumb.

Sorry, you asked and wouldn't drop it.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 03:39 PM
We've been destroying your stupid points for the last month. Read the damn threads and you will see why we don't want to absolutely shred this ridiculous thread sentence by sentence. You aren't even close to being right about any of your points. In fact, you are so ridiculously senseless with your posts, that they are not taken serious and therefore nobody wastes time arguing them. Everybody thinks you are a troll because we don't feel like a normal person could be that dumb.

Sorry, you asked and wouldn't drop it.

exactly...

4Dawgs4Life
11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
and you are a Freezenite that is scared of Mullen and is over here stirring unrest. I know all about the trolling plan you and the other Freeze disciples came up with.

Mullen will run your Bucky out just like he did Mr back to back

geotop
11-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I am so depressed about how all this is turning out. I mean, 4wins???

Against alcorn,troy,bowling green, and Kentucky.

Seriously,,,

If would pick a team that I want to emulate, it would be Florida State !!!

Now that, would be special. And we could have beaten everybdy... We would be undefeted.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 04:02 PM
and you are a Freezenite that is scared of Mullen and is over here stirring unrest. I know all about the trolling plan you and the other Freeze disciples came up with.

Mullen will run your Bucky out just like he did Mr back to back

ummm, Ok so I did just thought you were dumb, but there is now no doubt you are a troll.