PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football: Tough calls

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I have to start Zac Stacy over Pierre Thomas, but my gut is saying that this is going to cost me.

My other toughie is Andrew Quarless or Jarrett Boykin: Each will probably suck. I've got Boykin in now against the worst pass defense in the league, but something tells me to switch this up.

dickiedawg
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM
I think you've made a good decision in both cases. Stacy is legit.

I had a hard time picking between Newton and Rivers. Wound up going with Rivers due to the matchup- I think he has more upside today. You never know when Newton is going to go off for 30 points though.

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Good thing I played Boykin. Stacy had a below average day. Not terrible, but Thomas could do better. Maybe it'll work out.

Justdoitdawg
11-10-2013, 06:47 PM
NO Kenny Stills or Dallas Terrance Williams???

missouridawg
11-10-2013, 07:36 PM
I think you've made a good decision in both cases. Stacy is legit.

I had a hard time picking between Newton and Rivers. Wound up going with Rivers due to the matchup- I think he has more upside today. You never know when Newton is going to go off for 30 points though.

While I agree with the "Stacy is legit" comment, to me, it's moreso that Stacy is the feature back in an offense committed to the run. He's not half the back that Knowshon Moreno is... but Knowshon plays in an offense that passes... much like Pierre.

Going forward, I think Zach Stacy is a top 10 fantasy running back simply because he's going to get 16 to 24 carries per game and most likely catch 3 to 5 passes. I picked him up in both of my leagues after week 3... being a Rams fans, I saw a change coming after Richardson stunk it up early. Hopefully, it's going to pay off very well.

In other fantasy notes... I have two teams. One scored 134.06 points this week. The other 134.02. Not sure I could've scripted it any better.

drunkernhelldawg
11-11-2013, 10:18 AM
I was right about Thomas, who got twice the points of Zac Stacy. Fortunately, I won anyway. But that is a a tough FF problem that comes up fairly often. How do you bite the bullet and sit your must-start stud when the matchups favor a mid-level player on your bench? These decisions really get huge at playoff time. Pardon the Interruption, but I'll try to do better next time.