PDA

View Full Version : StarkVegas

Noxdog
02-24-2021, 06:40 PM
Not freaking out yet, but had 2 people tell me another ice event is supposed to happen 3rd week of March????? (around the 14th).

Highs in 20'S and freezing rain.

What are you hearing, thinking?

TIA

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2021, 07:04 PM
NEVER trust anyone predicting something 3 weeks out....

starkvegasdawg
02-24-2021, 07:11 PM
Scooba has this correct. There is zero accuracy in a winter forecast for the south over 3-4 days out. None. Plus, I haven't seen one model even hinting at frozen precip at all in their runs. I'm 99.99999% certain our winter weather is over this season. I would love to know where these people saw a prediction of an ice storm.

Noxdog
02-24-2021, 09:30 PM
Scooba has this correct. There is zero accuracy in a winter forecast for the south over 3-4 days out. None. Plus, I haven't seen one model even hinting at frozen precip at all in their runs. I'm 99.99999% certain our winter weather is over this season. I would love to know where these people saw a prediction of an ice storm.

1 said weatherunderground. The other said the NWS, in some kind of discussion. I immediately smelled something rotten and decided to ask here cause I know yall have preached to not look to far in the future on the weather.

This past week had my nerves on edge. Thanks.

Harrydawg
02-24-2021, 09:39 PM
Every now and then there is a dumb enough post for me to reply with some smartass stuff.

Seriously??? 3 week weather reports?

starkvegasdawg
02-24-2021, 09:41 PM
1 said weatherunderground. The other said the NWS, in some kind of discussion. I immediately smelled something rotten and decided to ask here cause I know yall have preached to not look to far in the future on the weather.

NWS typically only goes out 8 days in their discussion. Every great now and then they'll have a blurb about seeing something just beyond the forecast period.

Noxdog
02-24-2021, 10:26 PM
Every now and then there is a dumb enough post for me to reply with some smartass stuff.

Seriously??? 3 week weather reports?

Have at it. It's cool.

After last week, I had to ask. Reign disdain down, all you want. It was from Superiors at work.

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2021, 11:39 PM

Yeaa... someday is screwing with you. wunderground only goes out 10 days. nws doesn't ever go much past that.

I mean for blank entertainment.. you can look at the gfs models. that go out 384 hours so that's currently March 12th. and it shows nothing.. freezing line is up in kentucky.