PDA

View Full Version : Why I think we will cause Bama some problems

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 12:31 PM
We aren't going to win, but, in looking at this matchup, I think we present some problems that they haven't had to deal with. Bama wins by dominating the line scrimmage and dictating the how the game is played. However, we will be the best defensive line they have faced all year, and possibly by a decent margin. Our defensive line has held most every good team we have played well under their per game rushing average, but most of those teams also had a mobile QB that allowed them to avoid the pass rush and still make plays. McCarron isn't a mobile QB and we may be able to log some sacks against Bama.

Against Bama, we will find other ways to lose and I'm not sure we will score more than 10 points, but I somewhat believe we can cause them some problems on defense that they haven't had to deal with.

The line is Bama -24, and I think MSU will beat the spread.

Here is why:

A&M - Avg. 198 per game - Against MSU they gain 91

South Carolina - avg 200.8 per game - against MSU they gain 160 and much of that came on two plays.

LSU - avg 184 per game - against MSU they gained 223. Only game all year this happened and it's mostly due to a few 4th downs where we had the box stacked.

Auburn - avg. 320 per game - against MSU the gain 120

MSU can usually stop the run, thus I believe we can make Bama more one dimensional than they have been all year. Bama will run the ball on us, but they don't have the same offensive line and running backs they have had in the past.

I actually think we match up as well as anyone else does against them and wouldn't be surprised if we gave them their toughest game of the year outside of Texas A&M.

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with sunshine pumping or showing support for Mullen. I fully expect Bama to retune a punt and kickoff for TDs, block a punt, and for us to miss a field goal. This is simply an Xs and Os post to show how we may match up better than most any other team in West against Bama. At least from a defensive standpoint.

Will James
11-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Bama wins 38-13

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Alabama is going to run the ball and receivers will be running wide ass open through our secondary on play action. Alabama is also going to destroy our O-line. What they did to LSU in the 2nd half is what we can expect all night.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I will never ever sit here and say we cant win the game we play regardless of who it is, we can beat Bama theyre not God they put their cleats on just like we do, only problem is I don't have the faith in Mullen to run the great equalizer THE OPTION to give us a chance to move the ball. We'll run the same ol counter play and pass until its 35-3 in the 4th quarter then Dak will run option. Watch

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Bama wins 38-13

This is possible, but I think if they win by that margin, it will feel like a closer game than the score will indicate.

Something like 14-3 at half time, where they had two big plays and 5 3 and outs, and we missed a field goal and fumbled in the redzone.

Second half, we score a TD and a field goal, make it 24-13, and then they add a few late TDs to cover the spread.

Not disagreeing at all that we will lose and they could cover the spread, just saying that we present some unique challenges that they haven't had to deal with.

Jdawg
11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Shotgun - does your name come from shotgunning beer cause you must be drunk. I guess we have an advantage because Bama will be looking ahead to Chattanooga too.

Have you watched Alabama play? They won't have problems with our D line and we won't have a sack.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
I see what you're saying, but I just disagree. Virginia Tech is not very good this year, but they are stout on the defensive line. They gave Alabama a lot of trouble early, but that O-line has gelled. Our corners are nowhere near good enough to be left on islands with Kevin Norwood and Amari Cooper. Except for last year, Alabama always quietly covers the spread against us under Mullen. Feels like we have a shot and then it's away from us in the blink of an eye. But this Alabama team is orders of magnitude better than us and that will show on Saturday night and is extremely motivated. We don't have a snowball's chance in hell...

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Shotgun - does your name come from shotgunning beer cause you must be drunk. I guess we have an advantage because Bama will be looking ahead to Chattanooga too.

Have you watched Alabama play? They won't have problems with our D line and we won't have a sack.

Your entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. We have by far the best d-line they have faced all year. Just pointing that out and how it could effect them.

Our football team does many things well, and d-line play is one of them. We just don't win games well.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Your entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. We have by far the best d-line they have faced all year. Just pointing that out and how it could effect them.

Our football team does many things well, and d-line play is one of them. We just don't win games well.

I don't know about that. VT's D-line is very good, and though they gave them trouble, that was in week 1.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I see what you're saying, but I just disagree. Virginia Tech is not very good this year, but they are stout on the defensive line. They gave Alabama a lot of trouble early, but that O-line has gelled. Our corners are nowhere near good enough to be left on islands with Kevin Norwood and Amari Cooper. Except for last year, Alabama always quietly covers the spread against us under Mullen. Feels like we have a shot and then it's away from us in the blink of an eye. But this Alabama team is orders of magnitude better than us and that will show on Saturday night and is extremely motivated. We don't have a snowball's chance in hell...

I think we are closer to being as good as them this year than we were last year. We are so much better this year than we were last year from a talent and physicality standpoint.

Our DBs did a decent job yesterday when not blowing coverages. I know that sounds ridiculous, but they made some nice plays and were greatly hindered by the most mobile and elusive QB in SEC history. McCarron won't pose that problem on Saturday.

Virginia Tech is actually a very good comparison to how I expect this game to go, except out d-line is probably better than or at least equal to Virginia Tech.

Apoplectic
11-10-2013, 01:11 PM
We aren't going to win, but, in looking at this matchup, I think we present some problems that they haven't had to deal with. Bama wins by dominating the line scrimmage and dictating the how the game is played. However, we will be the best defensive line they have faced all year, and possibly by a decent margin. Our defensive line has held most every good team we have played well under their per game rushing average, but most of those teams also had a mobile QB that allowed them to avoid the pass rush and still make plays. McCarron isn't a mobile QB and we may be able to log some sacks against Bama.

Against Bama, we will find other ways to lose and I'm not sure we will score more than 10 points, but I somewhat believe we can cause them some problems on defense that they haven't had to deal with.

Here is why:

South Carolina - avg 200.8 per game - against MSU they gain 160 and much of that came on two plays.

LSU - avg 184 per game - against MSU they gained 223. Only game all year this happened and it's mostly due to a few 4th downs where we had the box stacked.

MSU can usually stop the run, thus I believe we can make Bama more one dimensional than they have been all year. Bama will run the ball on us, but they don't have the same offensive line and running backs they have had in the past.

I actually think we match up as well as anyone else does against them and wouldn't be surprised if we gave them their toughest game of the year outside of Texas A&M.

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with sunshine pumping or showing support for Mullen. I fully expect Bama to retune a punt and kickoff for TDs, block a punt, and for us to miss a field goal. This is simply an Xs and Os post to show how we may match up better than most any other team in West against Bama. At least from a defensive standpoint.

as all great coaches do, they'll run it until we stop it consistently then they'll abuse whitley. we don't have a chance…in hell!

Dannyripms
11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Mullen will find a way to screw it up. He probably won't even play dak, he will start russell the entire first half and run perk up the middle a dozen times. Jrob will get 3 carries ( those 3 carries he will get 80 yards) and dan will sit him for the rest of the game. Bell will be kicking field goals and dan will have Tyler running a sweep on fourth and 4.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
as all great coaches do, they'll run it until we stop it consistently then they'll abuse whitley. we don't have a chance…in hell!

We held A&M below season averages in most every stat and they tried to do that as well.

Dannyripms
11-10-2013, 01:19 PM
When it's that obvious because he does the same stupid things every single game it's time to let him go.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Mullen will find a way to screw it up. He probably won't even play dak, he will start russell the entire first half and run perk up the middle a dozen times. Jrob will get 3 carries ( those 3 carries he will get 80 yards) and dan will sit him for the rest of the game. Bell will be kicking field goals and dan will have Tyler running a sweep on fourth and 4.

GOLD......and yet some people will sit here and say its because we're young and our history sucks........

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
The problem is not only stopping the run. It's getting beat by having McKinney covering TE's and Nickoe covering WR's. McCarron will light our asses up, and they will do just like LSU and gash us for 2 or 3 TD runs. We will hold their rushing to below it's average, but their passing will be high above their average (like 28-32 for 300 and 3 TD's), and we will lose by around 30. But no worries, we will have plenty of drops and fumbles and turnovers for excuses so that we don't have to blame Mullen for the blow out. Plus "It's Bama, we expect a blowout", just like we do against everybody not named Kentucky and Alcorn. (This response is not directed at you Shotgun).

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 01:59 PM
I think it depends on what kind of a game AJ McCarron has. If he is on, we're screwed and are probably going to get blown out. If he is off, we can focus on stopping the run and we'll have a fighting chance.

I can't see us scoring more than 14 on them. We're too one dimensional with Dak, and there's no telling what Saban will cook up for him. Tyler won't do any better because we'll try to establish the run with Perkins and we are going to run the same damn pass play over and over again. Throw in some special teams mistakes- and you get what you get.

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
The problem is not only stopping the run. It's getting beat by having McKinney covering TE's and Nickoe covering WR's. McCarron will light our asses up, and they will do just like LSU and gash us for 2 or 3 TD runs. We will hold their rushing to below it's average, but their passing will be high above their average (like 28-32 for 300 and 3 TD's), and we will lose by around 30. But no worries, we will have plenty of drops and fumbles and turnovers for excuses so that we don't have to blame Mullen for the blow out. Plus "It's Bama, we expect a blowout", just like we do against everybody not named Kentucky and Alcorn. (This response is not directed at you Shotgun).

This game is a Mullengan. He is not expected to win, and likely won't. But he's not going to get into anymore hot water for losing. The season comes down to the Egg Bowl for him, and to a lesser degree Arkansas. Although a win over Arkansas this year wouldn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in Dan to me.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 02:11 PM
This game is a Mullengan. He is not expected to win, and likely won't. But he's not going to get into anymore hot water for losing. The season comes down to the Egg Bowl for him, and to a lesser degree Arkansas. Although a win over Arkansas this year wouldn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in Dan to me.

Arkansas is lose-lose. We win, and he should have; we lose that game (which we are absolutely able to do) and there is literally no point in thinking he should still be the coach.

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 02:11 PM

Exactly. And I hate to break it to all of these people thinking we will destroy Arkansas.....they are improving, and we play them at their place after a physical match up with Bama. That will not be an easy game.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM
A team that squeaks by Bowling Green and Kentucky at home should not expect to destroy anyone on the road.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM

This looks good on a message board, but with our luck, there is what will happen: We will play Bama very tough, only to lose on a coaching mistake, and then everyone will want him fired again.

Dan is almost better off getting blown out in this game than he is playing Bama close and losing.

Will James
11-10-2013, 02:14 PM
This looks good on a message board, but with our luck, there is what will happen: We will play Bama very tough, only to lose on a coaching mistake, and then everyone will want him fired again.

Dan is almost better off getting blown out in this game than he is playing Bama close and losing.

Uhhhhhhhh no

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM

No way do you believe that

CadaverDawg
11-10-2013, 02:17 PM

I disagree. Whether it is coaching mistakes that cause a blow out, coaching mistakes that cause a close loss, or coaching mistakes that lead to a close win over a bad team....just stop the damn coaching mistakes! It's really simple, quit being cute, quit trying to be smart, quit trying to prove points, and just do the things that give us the best chance to win. Period. THAT is why I'm sick of Mullen....because we have to factor in his coaching mistakes to each game, and the team has to overcome them. That is unacceptable, and everyone can see the obvious coaching mistakes.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 02:21 PM

WHATTTTTTT???????????????? Damn people are we here to win football games and compete anymore or are we here to worry about keeping Danny Dumbass. I agree with a lot of what you say but there is no chance in hell you mean that. We can beat Bama, if the team and staff goes into this game thinking that I can speak for a lot of others in saying I will not be going to another State football game this year if they go into this thinking were better off getting blown out or if they go into it expecting to lose

Will James
11-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I disagree. Whether it is coaching mistakes that cause a blow out, coaching mistakes that cause a close loss, or coaching mistakes that lead to a close win over a bad team....just stop the damn coaching mistakes!

This is what is boils down to. Nothing makes me more mad than when a damn coach is the one limiting the team (see 2012 last game of the Tallahassee regional). If you put them in the best position and lose, I'm okay with that but quit week after week costing us with your boneheaded bullshit.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 02:26 PM
This is what is boils down to. Nothing makes me more mad than when a damn coach is the one limiting the team (see 2012 last game of the Tallahassee regional). If you put them in the best position and lose, I'm okay with that but quit week after week costing us with your boneheaded bullshit.

GOLD

99jc
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
have by half-time by running up and down the field on our ASS. I cant believe you fukers that just cants see we suck because of coaching. Get a clue Geezes.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Alabama will dominate both line of scrimmages. They will run at will. We won't be able to run. It is going to be ugly....unfortunately.

TUSK
11-10-2013, 04:16 PM

Here is why:

No.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
bama wins 48-14

msstate7
11-10-2013, 04:29 PM
No.

You're scared. It's a shame that in nick's last year at bama, miss state ruins your title hopes**

TUSK
11-10-2013, 04:34 PM
You're scared. It's a shame that in nick's last year at bama, miss state ruins your title hopes**

If My Dark Lord wins the big one again this year, I'll put his luggage on my back and crawl to Austin, TX.

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Either one is equally as bad IMO. At the end of the day it doesn't matter- it all comes down to the Egg Bowl.

ScoobaDawg
11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Alabama will dominate both line of scrimmages. They will run at will. We won't be able to run. It is going to be ugly....unfortunately.
I agree... the only thing I'm confident about in this game is we will score more points than the bears did against them.

I hope we rock the world. but Bama is just plain sick as a complete team.