PDA

View Full Version : Bill being introduced to allow for non-drafted athletes to return

FISHDAWG
02-24-2021, 01:57 PM
What do you think ?

https://twitter.com/MrCFB/status/1364643447756500993

Todd4State
02-24-2021, 02:24 PM
I like it for football and basketball. Say for example Errol Thompson doesn't get drafted he could then come back.

Jack Lambert
02-24-2021, 02:25 PM
I like it. However there should still be a rule regulating agents. It would be a easy way to funnel money to a kid.

msstate7
02-24-2021, 03:07 PM
What are "lifetime" scholarships? Does this mean you get a 4-year ride upon signing?

FISHDAWG
02-24-2021, 03:39 PM
What are "lifetime" scholarships? Does this mean you get a 4-year ride upon signing?

that's what I was wondering ... maybe a 4 year thing instead of being renewed on a yearly basis

Todd4State
02-24-2021, 05:23 PM
I like it. However there should still be a rule regulating agents. It would be a easy way to funnel money to a kid.

I know in baseball players have "advisors" who essentially become their agents once they sign a pro contract. That way they can go to college and be eligible.

RocketDawg
02-24-2021, 07:59 PM
OK for non-drafted to come back. Not so sure about the other three items he listed. Don't think I agree with them at first glance.

basedog
02-25-2021, 10:54 AM
I know in baseball players have "advisors" who essentially become their agents once they sign a pro contract. That way they can go to college and be eligible.

That is correct.

basedog
02-25-2021, 10:55 AM
I think in football mostly it would create more problems.

Cowbell
02-25-2021, 11:22 AM
I think in football mostly it would create more problems.
Yep - everybody would enter the draft

basedog
02-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Yep - everybody would enter the draft

I think it would hurt recruiting and mainly create tension with team chemistry. Kinda like "to each their own".

HoopsDawg
02-25-2021, 11:58 AM
I basically disagree with all of the proposals. And I disagree with these elected officials wasting time drawing up different bills. The only one I struggle with is the transfer rule. I would rather see a free transfer granted once if the player plays fewer than 50% of snaps or something like that. Otherwise, all players should have to sit out 1 year, except grad transfers, no other exceptions. It's too uneven right now on who gets granted a waiver and who doesn't. And there has to be some sort of safeguard for the schools.

FISHDAWG
02-25-2021, 12:38 PM
I basically disagree with all of the proposals. And I disagree with these elected officials wasting time drawing up different bills. The only one I struggle with is the transfer rule. I would rather see a free transfer granted once if the player plays fewer than 50% of snaps or something like that. Otherwise, all players should have to sit out 1 year, except grad transfers, no other exceptions. It's too uneven right now on who gets granted a waiver and who doesn't. And there has to be some sort of safeguard for the schools.

The only one I really agree with would be the 4 year scholarship and that would have to have some language to protect the school in case of discipline issues or something like that .... I really don't like the transfer rule either. I'm reminded of coming to a realization in the reception station at Fort Jackson of what have I done? - I don't think I really want to be here .... but having no other viable choice I had to stick it out- and it wasn't so bad after accepting the situation and ended up making the most of it. Commitment means just that - knowing you can get out of a commitment = no commitment to begin with

R2Dawg
02-25-2021, 01:36 PM
What do you think ?

https://twitter.com/MrCFB/status/1364643447756500993

Good thing about this is it would benefit team like us. Bama players are going to be drafted but the middle tier programs could get some top talent back and close the gap say with Bama.

R2Dawg
02-25-2021, 01:37 PM

I agree, these rules should be left up to NCAA, etc. Our gov folks got better things to do or should.

thf24
02-25-2021, 01:51 PM
It seems like you'd have to have the pro drafts prior to signing day for this not to be a major headache for both coaches and the majority of the players.

KB21
02-25-2021, 04:54 PM
I think the federal government needs to get its nose out of college sports.

ZedFedder
02-25-2021, 05:17 PM
Would have been nice to get Bear and Beniquez Brown back.

bulldawg28
02-26-2021, 09:14 AM
I like it. Bring them back.

CaptainObvious
02-26-2021, 10:12 AM
I agree, these rules should be left up to NCAA, etc. Our gov folks got better things to do or should.

Oh no. I prefer These Elected officials work on things like this. And highways and bridges to no where. And trying to add PR and DC as States. And opening up the borders for ALL who want to come in. Etc...Etc...Etc....

Hopefully sarcasm detected!

Lord McBuckethead
02-26-2021, 04:27 PM
I like it for every sport. I don't care if they get an agent or not. Let them test the waters seriously and if they don't get drafted, they can return for the stint of eligibility they have left.

Lord McBuckethead
02-26-2021, 04:28 PM
I think the federal government needs to get its nose out of college sports.

They wouldn't have to get involved if the NCAA actually allowed the players to have the same rights as other students.

Bdawg
02-27-2021, 08:40 AM
I like the idea of being able to come back but ncaa would have to work things out with the signing of recruits and the 85 limit. If you sign a full class and are up against the limit but you have a few that didn't get drafted and want to to come back, what do you do?

msstatelp1
02-27-2021, 09:06 AM
Allow it but no agents and limit it to juniors. If it's opened to every player then make it a one time only return. Don't need players doing a Mullen at the end of every season.