PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Club

RocketDawg
02-21-2021, 05:55 PM
Anybody know how donations to the BDC are stacking up compared to previous years?

AROB44
02-21-2021, 06:45 PM
Have made my last contribution....been giving since the BC was formed. Not pissed off....just retiring.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-21-2021, 07:13 PM
Have made my last contribution....been giving since the BC was formed. Not pissed off....just retiring.

Same... don?t think I will even buy season tickets upcoming school year.

Homedawg
02-21-2021, 07:41 PM
Same... don?t think I will even buy season tickets upcoming school year.

But you will keep bitching about cohen.

Jack Lambert
02-21-2021, 07:46 PM
I got my bill for my 2021 donations three weeks ago. The earliest I have ever gotten it. I am going to renewal my season tickets but I am going to wait and see what seats I get before paying. If they don't open up the stadium I will probably opt out. I am not going to sit in the crappy seats they had me in this past season.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-21-2021, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=Homedawg;1308073]But you will keep bitching about cohen.

The bitching about Cohen crowd is gaining some momentum....

Saltydog
02-21-2021, 08:09 PM
Not sure how the donations are going but I'm going to wait until the end of the year to pay mine. I want to see how some things work out. I'll still continue to contribute but very well may lower my contribution. I want to see what plays out in the basketball programs.

Dawgbite
02-21-2021, 08:17 PM
I’m probably done with season tickets and the donation required for club level seats I’ll still donate so I won’t lose the continuous years points. My son may want my points one day.

Homedawg
02-21-2021, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Homedawg;1308073]But you will keep bitching about cohen.

The bitching about Cohen crowd is gaining some momentum....

I don't have an issue w the bitching in general, but you can't go a day wo it and half of your posts (ok maybe a slight exaggeration) are about how bad he is. I get it, you don't like him. We all get it. Only the people that joined 10 mins ago don't know. He's not great. Hasn't even been good in some things. And I'm not a huge fan myself, but just let it go man.

Randolph Dupree
02-21-2021, 10:11 PM
I’m probably done with season tickets and the donation required for club level seats I’ll still donate so I won’t lose the continuous years points. My son may want my points one day.

Same. Opted out this year, but was afraid of how my family would react. Well, we didn't miss it at all. We watched games on TV and did whatever. For the first time in over 20 years I didn't watch every single football game, I watched most but not all. Haven't watched nearly as much basketball this year either. I've lost 15lbs due to less
Drinking and stress (kidding).

I'll still contribute but will be parting with my tickets.

P.S. if baseball comes available, I'll be on that. My biggest regret is waiting too late to pony up for baseball tickets.

Maroonthirteen
02-22-2021, 09:58 AM
I can't answer that Question. However out of curiosity I tried to find some numbers.

All I came up with is that... the BC provided about $30 million of the athletic departments total revenue of $105 million in 2019.

Assuming TV payout continues to go up, I imagine the percentage the BC provides to the athletic department will continue to go down.

With that said, as TV continues to be a popular option, the BC really needs to find new incentives for people to join and stay.

MedDawg
02-22-2021, 10:10 AM
I?m probably done with season tickets and the donation required for club level seats I?ll still donate so I won?t lose the continuous years points. My son may want my points one day.

I had 4 or 5 club level seats from when it opened through 2014, then gave them up before the 2015 season. After 2014, I was ranked around #500, now I'm #1,043. Dropped fast! Oh well. Losing BDC ranking hadn't mattered until this baseball season, as I didn't qualify for non-conference weekend tickets. Not the end of the world, I'll buy them through Stubhub for individual games.

Maroonthirteen
02-22-2021, 11:13 AM
Really baseball seats is the only reason to contribute unless you want premium football Seats. Even those can be found on the secondary market.

Offshore Dawg
02-22-2021, 07:52 PM
Dropped out of the bulldog club last year after 40 years of donating. Also dropped football season tickets, 75" screen in the living is too hard to pass on watching. If I decide to go to a football game I will use stubhub.
I am retired and will be 71 this year and don't care for the hassle.

Homedawg
02-22-2021, 08:13 PM
Dropped out of the bulldog club last year after 40 years of donating. Also dropped football season tickets, 75" screen in the living is too hard to pass on watching. If I decide to go to a football game I will use stubhub.
I am retired and will be 71 this year and don't care for the hassle.

It's going to become the norm. While everyone sees out the money go up and it will. It's just going to offset the losses we have from game day attendance. In football and basketball at least. If we are putting a great product at the dude, it wil be full.... for the most part.

TheLostDawg
02-23-2021, 10:13 AM
I got my bill for my 2021 donations three weeks ago. The earliest I have ever gotten it. I am going to renewal my season tickets but I am going to wait and see what seats I get before paying. If they don't open up the stadium I will probably opt out. I am not going to sit in the crappy seats they had me in this past season.

I completely understand. I don't see how people who had worse seats than me before and were ranked behind me in the BDC had better seats than me this year.
Unless I have a good idea of where my seats are going to be, I'm with you.

RocketDawg
02-23-2021, 10:35 AM
The minimum Bulldog Club donation to remain a member - isn't it $100/year?

AROB44
02-23-2021, 01:10 PM
The minimum Bulldog Club donation to remain a member - isn't it $100/year?

Sounds about right.

Not sure what I will do with all my BC points. I know I will be giving up my 6 football seats and 2 parking passes. Gave up my BB and baseball seats years ago.

basedog
02-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Sounds about right.

Not sure what I will do with all my BC points. I know I will be giving up my 6 football seats and 2 parking passes. Gave up my BB and baseball seats years ago.

Just have them transferred over to your vCash***

confucius say
02-23-2021, 03:34 PM
Man this thread is depressing. Maybe I am the only one who is going to renew...

Curious, for all of those not renewing football seats what are your reasons? Just easier to watch at home or is there smn else?

Cowbell
02-23-2021, 04:23 PM

Curious, for all of those not renewing football seats what are your reasons? Just easier to watch at home or is there smn else?

For me, we are hard to get excited about after what we saw last year. I have to drive from TX and it ain't worth it anymore. Hopefully that changes.

AROB44
02-23-2021, 04:30 PM
Just have them transferred over to your vCash***

What's the exchange rate?

AROB44
02-23-2021, 04:34 PM

Just getting older and don't want to put up with the hassle. Plus, driving from the Gulf coast and spending 2 nights in a hotel just isn't worth it any more.

RocketDawg
02-23-2021, 05:29 PM
Just getting older and don't want to put up with the hassle. Plus, driving from the Gulf coast and spending 2 nights in a hotel just isn't worth it any more.

I didn't renew for the 19-20 nor the 20-21 seasons. The hassle of driving almost 200 miles one-way, and having to stay in hotels was just getting to be too much at my age. And honestly, I haven't missed the games that much. Of course, my first year not renewing was Moorhead's last year, and this year was the pandemic, so I haven't missed much at all. So it wasn't team performance at all - just getting personally worn out. The recent "wokeness" of our athletic program and school is also a bit of concern.

Dawgbite
02-23-2021, 08:29 PM

Just retired and haven't figured out how much surplus cash I'm going to have so this is going to be one of the first things to get cut. Wife likes fall at the beach. After school starts and before it get cool is the best time at the beach. I found myself paying $4000 to watch the ballgame on a 42" TV with no volume when I've got a couple of 65" ers at home. It just doesn't make sense anymore.

confucius say
02-23-2021, 09:58 PM
Interesting responses. Def see the point. Our administration needs to be aware of the seriousness of this situation. I think it is worse than ever before. We may not sell 40k season Tix if this is representative of the fan base as a whole.

Homedawg
02-23-2021, 10:44 PM
Interesting responses. Def see the point. Our administration needs to be aware of the seriousness of this situation. I think it is worse than ever before. We may not sell 40k season Tix if this is representative of the fan base as a whole.

Like I said. This is what it is, tv money up and up. The fans that stay have to pay more. And revenue from tickets at best stays the same.

confucius say
02-24-2021, 09:35 AM
Well then why raise seat fees and ticket prices? The tv money is not a variable. It's a constant. Will be the same amount regardless of Tix sold. Seems we will sell more tickets if we charge a little less.

IMissJack
02-25-2021, 06:35 PM
Really baseball seats is the only reason to contribute unless you want premium football Seats. Even those can be found on the secondary market.

This is the real problem at MSU. West side lower level 40 yd. line requires a large donation, but on the East side, the MSU staff get them for almost nothing and sell to the opposing team.

Maroonthirteen
02-25-2021, 07:36 PM
Since they put in all the luxury seating; and started 11am games, you can easily get a ticket anywhere in the west bleachers on gameday. It isn't just the east side.

Also the only reason those east side people sell to visitors is because that is who the buyers are.

I know the football ticket prices are comparable to other sec programs. But unfortunately the school has about priced out fans.

Ticket prices need to get back down to a reasonable price. $20-30 each. The TV money is so much... dropping the ticket prices in half wouldn't hurt MSUs bottom line at all.

CaptainObvious
02-26-2021, 10:38 AM
Since they put in all the luxury seating; and started 11am games, you can easily get a ticket anywhere in the west bleachers on gameday. It isn't just the east side.

Also the only reason those east side people sell to visitors is because that is who the buyers are.

I know the football ticket prices are comparable to other sec programs. But unfortunately the school has about priced out fans.

Ticket prices need to get back down to a reasonable price. $20-30 each. The TV money is so much... dropping the ticket prices in half wouldn't hurt MSUs bottom line at all.

Lovely idea. Not going to happen. The neighborhood that is College Football is like a Gated Community with Excessive Covenants to keep the low income undesirables out. They want Corporation Money. License Fees, and Maseratis in the Driveway.

Jarius
02-26-2021, 01:28 PM

I will renew with pleasure if they allow 100 % capacity. If they do not I will not renew. I'm not paying that much money to sit in a high school football atmosphere. Not being at 100 % capacity 9 months after a vaccine has been available is unacceptable and anyone who doesn't fight to make that happen will not get my money. I'm done with the BS dog and pony show. Grow a set of balls and get with the other ADs and presidents in this state and put pressure on the state to make this happen. Stop being a *****. //end rant

HoopsDawg
02-26-2021, 02:42 PM
College Football has a problem and the powers that be don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. In fact, new rules may make it worse. College football is the ONLY sport where just 10% of teams have a prayer of competing for a championship and less than that in any given year.

And the gameday experience has not been great under Cohen. That hasn't helped.