PDA

View Full Version : Second vaccine shot in the shoulder.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2021, 04:40 PM
See what side effects it ends up having.

was21
02-21-2021, 04:48 PM
I had the second Moderna....of course it was sore for 2 going on 3 days...other than that...the afternoon following had minor flu like symptoms...took tylenol and the next day they were gone. The second day I walked a mile or so to get the blood flowing.

RocketDawg
02-21-2021, 05:09 PM
I get my first shot Tuesday morning. Pfizer.

parabrave
02-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Had my 2nd Shot. Got home took 2 Ibbis and Put Ice on the shot site. Had no problems except for normal soreness.

mudbugs
02-21-2021, 07:20 PM
Had the Pfizer shot and had digestive issues and swollen lymph nodes near the shot (neck mainly) for 48 hours

RocketDawg
02-21-2021, 07:21 PM
Had my 2nd Shot. Got home took 2 Ibbis and Put Ice on the shot site. Had no problems except for normal soreness.

I've been told by docs that Tylenol is OK but ibuprofen should not be taken. Is that what you've heard also?

RocketDawg
02-21-2021, 07:23 PM
Had the Pfizer shot and had digestive issues and swollen lymph nodes near the shot (neck mainly) for 48 hours

Yes, I've heard about lymph nodes swelling as well. Women are told not to get a mammogram for some time (a few weeks) after the vaccination since it might cause false readings.

DownwardDawg
02-21-2021, 07:34 PM
Nothing. Sore arm just like first shot but lasted a couple days. My wife had a low grade fever, 100.3 for one day. Easy peasy.

I deer hunted and worked in yard the day of and days after each shot. I'm not in great shape but I'm very active. It just really didn't affect me.

Cooterpoot
02-21-2021, 08:12 PM
I was refused my 2nd shot because I caught Covid.

Hambone
02-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Get my 2nd Tuesday (Pfizer) .

Two sisters (who got Maderna) were super ill after both receiving their second injection. Mid to high grade fever, nausea, body aches, diarrhea and would get completely winded and tired just walking from the couch to the fridge.

Both only lasted one day.

Wife received Pfizer and had not one single side effect on both rounds

parabrave
02-21-2021, 11:03 PM
I've been told by docs that Tylenol is OK but ibuprofen should not be taken. Is that what you've heard also?

Nope but I treated it like a sore muscle. Hey worked for me. Everybody I knew had sore arms and shoulders. So What do you do when you pull a muscle? Ice and Ibbie, really Naprox Sod.

HoopsDawg
02-22-2021, 01:42 AM
I was refused my 2nd shot because I caught Covid.

Caught Covid after the first vaccine?

Cooterpoot
02-22-2021, 04:53 AM
Caught Covid after the first vaccine?

Correct

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2021, 05:36 AM
So far I feel fine except for a really sore arm.

HoopsDawg
02-22-2021, 10:29 AM
Correct

Shit luck there. Get well. Studies are showing if you've had Covid, you only need 1 shot. Not sure what that means for you.

Cooterpoot
02-22-2021, 10:32 AM
Shit luck there. Get well. Studies are showing if you've had Covid, you only need 1 shot. Not sure what that means for you.

It means I've reported the hospital to the state. The state was pissed because they're wasting a dose instead of following the 10 quarantine rule. The hospital made their own rule. It's about to get ugly because I've turned it over to my attorney and now the hospital is backtracking and saying they'll schedule me in 30 days.

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2021, 11:49 AM
May be starting to get some side effects now. Starting to feel a little run down and head feels kind of heavy. Or it could just be due to being back at work on a Monday.

bulldawg28
02-22-2021, 12:16 PM
May be starting to get some side effects now. Starting to feel a little run down and head feels kind of heavy. Or it could just be due to being back at work on a Monday.

Nah, it's the shot. I've heard similar symptoms.

Cooterpoot
02-22-2021, 12:21 PM
Supposedly people who have had Covid, have a worse reaction to the 2nd shot, but its hit and miss. Damn thing just gets some and not others. May the odds be in your favor.

bulldawg28
02-22-2021, 01:35 PM
Supposedly people who have had Covid, have a worse reaction to the 2nd shot, but its hit and miss. Damn thing just gets some and not others. May the odds be in your favor.

I was informed to wait 6 months after having Covid-19 before attempting to get vaccinations.

parabrave
02-22-2021, 04:26 PM
They told my cousin 90 days. My NP also told me people who have had covid do have more hard side effects than most.

DorseyDog
02-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Had my second shot about 12 days ago and had no adverse symptoms except sore arm. Hopeful to take short trip fairly soon. Will still follow protocols as much as possible.

schddog72
02-23-2021, 05:25 PM
My brother is a hospital lab tech. He's still working at age 66. His second injection (Pfizer) caused headaches, weakness/fatigue, shortness of breath, etc. He had to take a couple days off from work to recuperate, but he's fine now. Just FYI.

RocketDawg
02-23-2021, 05:32 PM
I got my first Pfizer shot this morning. So far, no side effects. I expect the soreness will start tomorrow.

A friend had his second shot last week, also Pfizer, and he had no ill effects at all from it, nor did his wife. Just depends on the person I suppose.

KentuckyDawg13
02-24-2021, 11:14 AM
Blood type is a factor in terms of how one handle's the vaccinations too. O-neg is the best to have supposedly.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-24-2021, 03:43 PM
Some disappointing quotes from the WH COVID brief:

"So there are things, even if you?re vaccinated, that you?re not going to be able to do in society: for example, indoor dining, theaters, places where people congregate. That?s because of the safety of society. You, yourself, what you can do when you are together with another person, we are looking at that, and we?re going to try and find out very quickly what recommendations could be made about what people can do."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/22/press-briefing-by-white-house-covid-19-response-team-and-public-health-officials-6/

starkvegasdawg
02-24-2021, 06:35 PM
Some disappointing quotes from the WH COVID brief:

"So there are things, even if you?re vaccinated, that you?re not going to be able to do in society: for example, indoor dining, theaters, places where people congregate. That?s because of the safety of society. You, yourself, what you can do when you are together with another person, we are looking at that, and we?re going to try and find out very quickly what recommendations could be made about what people can do."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/22/press-briefing-by-white-house-covid-19-response-team-and-public-health-officials-6/

17 that with a cast iron dildo. They're dumber than I thought if they think we're going to continue living like this for very much longer. They're looking into what I can do when I'm with another person? Is that insinuating they're going to try and tell people what they can do in their own homes?