PDA

View Full Version : Any truth that Cerantola did not make the trip to Arlington? Just wondering if

Saltydog
02-19-2021, 07:40 PM
anyone had any insight or if it was just b.s.

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-19-2021, 08:25 PM
He did not. China virus contract tracing

Medic601
02-19-2021, 08:28 PM
Don’t know details but 24/7 has an article right now stating he didn’t but it is not expected to be anything long term.

No BS Dawg
02-19-2021, 08:38 PM
Well, damn. I was very excited about seeing him with the quality reports we got on his progress. Time for the next man up this weekend.

ZedFedder
02-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Yeah it’s Covid related (not saying he has it, though). Really stinks. Let Landon Sims rock it.

Homedawg
02-19-2021, 09:11 PM
I'd use Simms in relief it it helps you win a game before that. If he hasn't been used go w him. We have lots of options for a game 3. But don't sacrifice one of the first two saving for a third game

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-19-2021, 09:37 PM
We have good starter options. Kestler and Harding did pretty good vs TTU last year, for example.

McLoud, Bednar, Harding as starters. Sims, Self as relievers. Price as closer. Kestler as midweek starter. Let other guys get work when games are out of hand either way.

I'm really, REALLY excited for this staff. God I can't imagine being an opposing coach knowing you've gotta score on that crew

Commercecomet24
02-19-2021, 09:49 PM
I'd use Simms in relief it it helps you win a game before that. If he hasn't been used go w him. We have lots of options for a game 3. But don't sacrifice one of the first two saving for a third game

Nailed it.

The Federalist Engineer
02-19-2021, 10:23 PM

Yeah, Simms is integral to the bullpen plan.

Depth is being tested early. Tullar, Harding, or somebody we can’t guess.

HoopsDawg
02-19-2021, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Simms is integral to the bullpen plan.

Depth is being tested early. Tullar, Harding, or somebody we can’t guess.

Have to assume MaCleod and Bednar are going to be on pitch counts of around 90. We will need Sims in Game 1 probably. He's the guy I trust most out of the pen. So yeah, I would play game 3 by ear. I like the idea of Harding or Koestler.

Coach34
02-20-2021, 01:31 AM
Probably around 80 or so I'd guess on the PC. Temp controlled stadium certainly helps in Feb.

confucius say
02-20-2021, 02:22 AM

Agree fully. I expect our starters on a pitch count of around 70, so bullpen will be big.

KOdawg1
02-20-2021, 08:41 AM
Rumor going around that we have 3 pitchers out this weekend including Cerantola. I'm so tired of Covid

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-20-2021, 09:08 AM
Rumor going around that we have 3 pitchers out this weekend including Cerantola. I'm so tired of Covid
COVID is such a convenient excuse nowadays.. ;)

somebodyshotmypaw
02-20-2021, 09:16 AM
Probably around 80 or so I'd guess on the PC. Temp controlled stadium certainly helps in Feb.

I'm not sure what the pitch count should be or will be, but I certainly agree on the temperature controlled environment. If we were playing in 35-50 degree temps, I would expect them to watch the arms a little closer.

basedog
02-20-2021, 09:18 AM

Not a rumor but some are out.

Percho
02-20-2021, 03:29 PM

It's been a killer, that's for sure. *

A killer of sports among other things.

Todd4State
02-20-2021, 05:55 PM

And that's pretty much how today planned out. Landon can start- but I really like him as a relief ace.

Always good to try to win today and then worry about tomorrow when the time comes. Worst thing would be to lose to Texas trying to "save" arms and then we end up winning game three 13-0 and can't really maximize use of our staff.

BeardoMSU
02-20-2021, 06:08 PM
Landon can start- but I really like him as a relief ace.

Totally agree, today case in point. Having a guy that can come in and slam the door shut on an opponent that has momentum adds a strength to our team that really can't be overstated.

BiscuitEater
02-21-2021, 08:36 AM
COVID is such a convenient excuse nowadays.. ;)

If it's 'not' COVID related, what is the real reason he stayed in Starkville?

There is a big difference between definition of 'excuse' and 'reason'!