PDA

View Full Version : We just lost a great American, Rush Limbaugh just died.

msbulldog
02-17-2021, 12:15 PM
RIP

CaptainObvious
02-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Not only a Great American, but the strongest voice for True Conservatism, the Original Conservatism that the ?old? Republican Party was founded on. Not today?s weak kneed pussified Trans-Republicans.

Commercecomet24
02-17-2021, 12:30 PM
Rush was right! RIP

RocketDawg
02-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Very sad.

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2021, 12:52 PM
Ditto.

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-17-2021, 12:58 PM
Mega Dittos

FISHDAWG
02-17-2021, 12:59 PM
Sad day for folks like me

Extendedcab
02-17-2021, 01:08 PM
It is sad indeed!!!!!

Saltydog
02-17-2021, 01:31 PM
He was the first conservative talk radio host I remember. Well, he and Neal Boortz. He was a true American patriot. May he R.I.P.

dawgoneyall
02-17-2021, 01:44 PM
He and I disagreed on just about......

Nothing.

Dolphus Raymond
02-17-2021, 01:55 PM
William F. Buckley Jr. , Barry Goldwater and George Will were the true voices of American conservatism. Limbaugh was more of a right-leaning demagogue.
My prayers are with his family.

BulldogDX55
02-17-2021, 02:00 PM
Just posting a few of the most memorable Rush Limbaugh quotes without commentary:

"Women we're doing quite well in this country before feminism came along." ~ Rush Limbaugh

"Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark." ~Rush Limbaugh

"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?" (While holding a picture of 13-year old Chelsea) ~ Rush Limbaugh

"There is a movement to normalize pedophilia, and I guarantee you your reaction to that is probably much the same as your reaction when you first heard about gay marriage." ~ Rush Limbaugh

"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

On Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb: "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team." [Limbaugh resigned from ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown pregame show after uproar over these comments.]

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"Everything in Africa's called AIDS. The reason is they get aid money for it. AIDS is the biggest pile of, the biggest pot they throw money into."

Responding to a caller who said black people should have a greater voice on issues: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"

On Barack Obama, during the 2008 election: "A veritable rookie whose only chance of winning is that he's black."

"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world ... And yet white guilt is still one of the dominating factors in American politics. It's exploited, it's played upon, it is promoted, used, and it's unnecessary."

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."

"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."

On Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown law student who testified before Congress about the importance of health insurance covering birth control: "What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex ? what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute."

On Hurricane Irma: "You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don't need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it's mission accomplished, agenda advanced." [Limbaugh later evacuated his Florida home because of the hurricane.]

On the Central American migrant caravan heading toward the U.S. in 2018: "The objective is to dilute and eventually eliminate or erase what is known as the distinct or unique American culture ... This is why people call this an invasion."

On LGBT politicians getting elected: "I guarantee there'd be some people in the Republican establishment who will now think, 'Yeah, we need to do this. We need to provide a home, we need to provide a comforting atmosphere for the tranny community and the gay community.' But those people are voting Democrat anyway."

DownwardDawg
02-17-2021, 02:05 PM
Very sad. Great American.

confucius say
02-17-2021, 02:21 PM
Politics aside, he Changed radio. I was never a listener, but I know many who were. RIP

Hot Rock
02-17-2021, 02:22 PM
IF you can read those quotes by Rush Limbaugh and think you are the real American then you will see him in hell. Good riddance to a racist POS as far as I am concerned.

Indndawg
02-17-2021, 02:28 PM
Amen. Rush made it cool to love the: country, flag, and the military.

bulldawg28
02-17-2021, 02:42 PM
IF you can read those quotes by Rush Limbaugh and think you are the real American then you will see him in hell. Good riddance to a racist POS as far as I am concerned.

Indeed

BayouDawg
02-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Rush still living rent free it appears

Martianlander
02-17-2021, 03:20 PM
Rush was a great force. Hope someone steps up to take his place

Extendedcab
02-17-2021, 03:31 PM
Amen. Rush made it cool to love the: country, flag, and the military.

The left will never unseen that!

Ari Gold
02-17-2021, 03:48 PM

And There it is...