PDA

View Full Version : Baseball- Lemonis comment on pitchers

Todd4State
02-17-2021, 01:22 AM
I believe he said we have a lot of pitchers- something like 11 or 12 that can throw 95+. The thing to remember for now is that most of those are freshmen or sophomores. Just because someone throws hard....well see Eric Cerentola.

Now that I've rained on everyone's parade- the good news is those pitchers will develop at MSU and be juniors one day. And when that happens we'll be very scary when our guys can add command to that velocity.

99jc
02-17-2021, 05:19 AM
todd i believe you are the most dedicated baseball fan on this board. good stuff now go to bed white death 2.0 commeth... :)

The Federalist Engineer
02-18-2021, 04:47 PM
How complicated is training 3 or 4 guys to be in 8th inning roles, like Colby White

Just enter the 6th, 7th, and 8th to throw bombs. Each inning a new arm angle, new release point, and new 2nd/3rd pitch.

If the rotation is set - then many guys that are not in the top-3 need a role.

Especially guys that would be starters in an regular year - like Stone Simmons, Koestler, and Fristoe.

Todd4State
02-18-2021, 05:56 PM
How complicated is training 3 or 4 guys to be in 8th inning roles, like Colby White

Just enter the 6th, 7th, and 8th to throw bombs. Each inning a new arm angle, new release point, and new 2nd/3rd pitch.

If the rotation is set - then many guys that are not in the top-3 need a role.

Especially guys that would be starters in an regular year - like Stone Simmons, Koestler, and Fristoe.

I think relief pitchers in general it is about mental as well as stuff. Some guys are mentally able to handle those situations better than others. A big thing to me is how those guys handle coming in with runners on base too- some pitchers don't do well in those situations. The relief roles tend to be pressure roles- and throwing freshmen in those roles is risky. Especially if they lack command.