PDA

View Full Version : Mullen Supporters

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Please sell me on why you think we will be any better next year.
It is my belief that if this same staff returns next year they will still not be able to put us in positions to win football games.
Sell me on keeping Mullen

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 08:50 AM
players don't get better year to year.

Will James
11-10-2013, 08:52 AM

Who has for us this year? Autry? Russell? Whitley?

Coaches can actually get worse from year to year too.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Dak, JRob, gabe, Love, Morrow, Clausell, Tubby, Preston, Richie, Beni, Wells, Market, Sobiesk, RoJo, and I'm sure I'm missing a dozen or so.

Dawgface
11-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Coaches can actually get worse from year to year too.

And have.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Dan has had 5 years and I still don't think he is getting better as a coach, to me he makes the same coaching mistakes he did in year one and two. At what time do you say to an employee, that you are not progressing we need to make a change I dont see Dan making any changes to play calling or in game decisions that leads me to believe that he will win the big games. The last two weeks should be evidence enough to prove he cannot get us over the hump.
Sell me on how they think the program is moving in the right direction

Will James
11-10-2013, 09:12 AM
So now players getting better is a sign of greatness rather than a prerequisite. My how we have lowered our standards!

Look, look guys! We have a few players getting better AND we are starting to coach hard AND with less boneheaded mistakes than usual!!!! Happy days are here again!

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 09:15 AM
So now players getting better is a sign of greatness rather than a prerequisite. My how we have lowered our standards!

Look, look guys! We have a few players getting better AND we are starting to coach hard AND with less boneheaded mistakes than usual!!!! Happy days are here again!

Lmao. You can't even follow your own arguments. carry on...

Will James
11-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Lmao. You can't even follow your own arguments. carry on...

Less than mediocre coaching is not acceptable to shitty coaching. Both are inexcusable. You are a lost sheep and are utterly clueless as to the direction of our program compared to every one of our competitors.

Jdawg
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Please sell me on why you think we will be any better next year.
It is my belief that if this same staff returns next year they will still not be able to put us in positions to win football games.
Sell me on keeping Mullen

The team won't be better, the schedule will just be easier so there should be 1-2 more wins.

basedog
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty much on the fence with Mullen, but I don't think he deserves to be fired this year. The truth is some schools need to give a coach longer than others. Regardless of things I read that are negative about Mullen, I believe he has done more good than bad. It may take longer at Msu to see the results than other power house schools. I will say our underclass talent is as good as I have seen in many years.

The big thing for me is to see what changes Mullen makes after the season with our staff. No doubt we have a few weakness with some coaches. One thing he has done is make changes. I will admit it has been a roller coaster ride the last year and a half, let's hope the "slump" ends with two more wins and a bowl game win!

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 09:35 AM
The team won't be better, the schedule will just be easier so there should be 1-2 more wins.

Given our 4 OOC next year, you think playing Vandy, ARK, Auburn at home and a road game to Oxford are going to be wins with Mullen at the helm? I dont

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty much on the fence with Mullen, but I don't think he deserves to be fired this year. The truth is some schools need to give a coach longer than others. Regardless of things I read that are negative about Mullen, I believe he has done more good than bad. It may take longer at Msu to see the results than other power house schools. I will say our underclass talent is as good as I have seen in many years.

The big thing for me is to see what changes Mullen makes after the season with our staff. No doubt we have a few weakness with some coaches. One thing he has done is make changes. I will admit it has been a roller coaster ride the last year and a half, let's hope the "slump" ends with two more wins and a bowl game win!
No coach should be given more time when the product on the field is as bad as it has been this year...

What changes do you think Dan will make? Heveys is here as long as Mullen is here. Fire Les, Why its *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* offense. Going to fire Collins? again why he has been ok other than the break down at Auburn and yesterday before half. This is why we have to just clean house, Mullen is not going to make wholesale changes

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 09:54 AM
No coach should be given more time when the product on the field is as bad as it has been this year...

What changes do you think Dan will make? Heveys is here as long as Mullen is here. Fire Les, Why its *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* offense. Going to fire Collins? again why he has been ok other than the break down at Auburn and yesterday before half. This is why we have to just clean house, Mullen is not going to make wholesale changes

Why would you want to fire Heavesy when aTm didn't sniff our QB yesterday and we ran for over 200 yards?

I see both sides this fire Mullen/keep Mullen argument, and love when good intelligent points are made on both sides. However, what drives nuts more than anything is when people are so inflexible to seeing the other side's argument that they say the dumbest things and take the weakest stands because they are leaning on blind faith on either side of the fence.

Will, your arguments in this thread have been terrible. The "pro-Mullen" guys have made good points that you won't consider because your biased and your mind is made up. However, I can also find other threads where the "pro-Mullen" guys have done the exact same thing in an effort to be inflexible in their stance.

If the decision the keep/or fire Mullen is black and white and easy for you, then I would say that probably aren't considering near enough of all the factors you need to consider to make this decision.

This is a very tough decision with many different factors, reasons, causes, consequences either way, etc.... This decision isn't black and white and easy no matter how much like that some posters try to make it.

If you aren't willing to adjust your opinion when new information arises and consider the big picture, then you are just as stubborn as Croom or Mullen and ultimately not thinking hard enough about the situation.

I have problems with people on both sides of this debate.

basedog
11-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I think he makes changes. You know most of the criticism has been about Mullen's coaching decisions, mostly offense, and so be it, but to me the biggest problem has been the decisions made by our DC. His play calling has been critical all year with the non aggressive approach especially right before half in 4 or 5 games.

The biggest improvement for the year has been with our d-line and wr's, those two coaches have made a difference, now Mullen needs to make a couple more like those two positive moves.

I just hope we win a few more games, I will admit I have been up and down on Mullen, but in reality he deserves another year. I disagree big time with you on "No coach should be given more time when the product on the field is as bad as it has been this year...". Every school is not the same when it comes to winning or losing, we will never be like Alabama!

MrKotter
11-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Do you, in all seriousness, not see the mistakes made by Mullen game after game? Its the exact same coaching blunders every week. Basically, what you are saying with your reply is you expect the players to make up for idiotic mistakes from the head man.

Things Mullen touches, special teams and offense.

Tell me the weakest aspects of this team without blaming Stricklin or Bracky. Not saying they are completely innocent but I'm speaking of on the field only as the two you continually blame are not coaches.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Do you, in all seriousness, not see the mistakes made by Mullen game after game? Its the exact same coaching blunders every week. Basically, what you are saying with your reply is you expect the players to make up for idiotic mistakes from the head man.

Things Mullen touches, special teams and offense.

Tell me the weakest aspects of this team without blaming Stricklin or Bracky. Not saying they are completely innocent but I'm speaking of on the field only as the two you continually blame are not coaches.

I tend to talk about the direction of the program more than the direction of the team because the team won't succeed to the best of it's ability until it's working within a great program.

I see coaching mistakes, specifically with personnel usage. however I see Les Miles, Hugh Freeze, Bilemma, Muschamp, Richt, Spurrier, and others making them too. it happens. We have one of the best coaches in America right now and haven't given him the support from the program he needs. Until that happens , we don't know what he's capable of.

Why do you think Hud won't come under Strick? Is it's because he's afraid he's not a good coach or is it because he knows he won't be playing with a full deck.

dawgs
11-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Why would you want to fire Heavesy when aTm didn't sniff our QB yesterday and we ran for over 200 yards?

Have you watched a&m's D this year? Why should I be impressed our OL performed about as well as rice's OL against them? A&m's D is not the measuring stick.

cheewgumm
11-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Amen. We got a little fools gold going on here base on scoring a lot of points on them.

I think it's going to take ole
Miss beating us at home for more people
To be on board with making a change. If Dan can beat them and arkansas( gimme) then I'm sure he stays.

Have you watched a&m's D this year? Why should I be impressed our OL performed about as well as rice's OL against them? A&m's D is not the measuring stick.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 11:25 AM

Not saying it is, but why do you want to fire Heavesy? He is probably the least of our problems right now.

And we almost ran for 300 yards yesterday and our QB was barely breathed on.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Amen. We got a little fools gold going on here base on scoring a lot of points on them.

I think it's going to take ole
Miss beating us at home for more people
To be on board with making a change. If Dan can beat them and arkansas( gimme) then I'm sure he stays.

and there we have it... seasons not over and to have made your mind up on a partial body of work is dumb. You can talk about projections and trajectory but if anyone here knew what was going to happen they'd be getting paid billions in Vegas.

I'm generalizing with "you." didn't intend that to be directed at you bubbles.

cheewgumm
11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
" one of the best coaches in America"?

Based on?

I see coaching mistakes, specifically with personnel usage. however I see Les Miles, Hugh Freeze, Bilemma, Muschamp, Richt, Spurrier, and others making them too. it happens. We have one of the best coaches in America right now and haven't given him the support from the program he needs. Until that happens , we don't know what he's capable of.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 11:28 AM
and there we have it... seasons not over and to have made your mind up on a partial body of work is dumb. You can talk about projections and trajectory but if anyone here knew what was going to happen they'd be getting paid billions in Vegas.

Furthermore, OM has their own problems. They look liked shit yesterday. Honestly, if we would have played them yesterday, I think we would've won.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 11:30 AM

that does not happen in a vacuum

cheewgumm
11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
I have a real question just concerning message boards and your comment here.

Who runs this board? I think you and coach 34 do in some capacity.

Do you really want all of us to withhold judgement on all these things until the end of the season? Isn't the point of a msg board to talk about this stuff? Shouldn't that be what you want?

If we at to withhold judgement do we wait to comment on everything else as well? Like are we gonna be good at basketball? Who knows... We won't really know until March so let's not talk about it until then.

They said the same type stuff on 6 pack and I don't get it. Don't you want more people talking not less.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I tend to talk about the direction of the program more than the direction of the team because the team won't succeed to the best of it's ability until it's working within a great program.

Why do you think Hud won't come under Strick? Is it's because he's afraid he's not a good coach or is it because he knows he won't be playing with a full deck.
Great post. Maybe we should focus our efforts in trying to out Strick and not so much Mullen.

Bothrops
11-10-2013, 11:38 AM
If a team wants to beat us all they have to do is throw the ball forward. We can't cover and OM will capitalize on this and retain the Egg. I'm very concerned about our secondary going forward.

dawgs
11-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Not saying it is, but why do you want to fire Heavesy? He is probably the least of our problems right now.

And we almost ran for 300 yards yesterday and our QB was barely breathed on.

Not saying he absolutely should be fired (I didn't make the original post), but I'm just saying using a&m's D as the measuring stick is misleading. Cherry pick better stats to support your arguments.

bluelightstar
11-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Not saying he absolutely should be fired (I didn't make the original post), but I'm just saying using a&m's D as the measuring stick is misleading. Cherry pick better stats to support your arguments.

A&M's defense has ONLY looked good against Vandy's backup QB in his first start. And even that "good" was to the tune of 24 points.

MrKotter
11-10-2013, 12:12 PM

I don't disagree with your stance on Strick or Bracky(I know you didn't mention him by name). But, the glaring errors and boneheaded mistakes that plagued us from day one are still present in year 5. The D is blamed for every loss. Never the ridiculous in game decisions he makes. The fact is, every part of the game he personally touches is subpar. That is no way a sign of a good coach.

basedog
11-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Who cares how bad A&m defense is, we moved it like we should have, also SC defense is pretty good and we did move the ball, turnovers lost that game. Dak is now our leader and our offense is getting better.

I think our defensive backs are getting better as well, it's the damn scheme we play on defense that has me concerned, it can be very good and then we start playing soft per the DC!

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 12:15 PM
I have a real question just concerning message boards and your comment here.

Who runs this board? I think you and coach 34 do in some capacity.

Do you really want all of us to withhold judgement on all these things until the end of the season? Isn't the point of a msg board to talk about this stuff? Shouldn't that be what you want?

If we at to withhold judgement do we wait to comment on everything else as well? Like are we gonna be good at basketball? Who knows... We won't really know until March so let's not talk about it until then.

They said the same type stuff on 6 pack and I don't get it. Don't you want more people talking not less.

this board wasn't started for hits. it was started for the betterment of MSU.

cheewgumm
11-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok well that clarifies things. So kind of genes page light?

this board wasn't started for hits. it was started for the betterment of MSU.

Political Hack
11-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok well that clarifies things. So kind of genes page light?

no. for the betterment of MSU. not to make money without regard to the impacts on MSU or kids.

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Anybody that wants to keep Dan Mullen go back and watch yesterdays game and last weeks, I know dropped passes, penalties etc. are not *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* fault. But he wont commit one way or the other, he wont play to our strengths its like he refuses to believe that we are a running football team. The special teams yesterday was HORRIBLE and who coaches that? Mullen. The offense was for the most part average considering we were going against the worst defense in the SEC. That safety after our D came up with a turnover in our redzone is squarely on Mullen. I know Holloway missed that pass but still. Why in the hell would you call two passing plays inside your own 5 yard line when we ran the ball well all day....again. Just like last week. He misuses his personnel on offense its atrocious, JRob should be the starting RB if we had any coach with common sense he would. Russell should be the full time backup QB, if we had any coach with common sense, he would be. Everybody knew we were gonna have to score 40-50 to win this game and we had the opportunities to do that, but when our D made a stop we couldn't capitalize because Dans playcalling flubbed the dub again. The possession where we had a blocked FG was awful. RTGDF Dan and we would've scored. Blocked FGs are just like turnovers, im so sick of watching the same thing week in and week out. Its pathetic. I honestly want Dan to stay because if he is still here next year that means we beat Arky and TSUN to get 6 wins, if we don't after all his catastrophies this year I don't see how he deserves to stay.