PDA

View Full Version : Desoto County MS Deputy Severely Injured

Dawg_Lover
02-14-2021, 05:02 PM
Desoto County MS Deputy Severely Injured

I don?t know the forum?s policy regarding shining a light on other?s financial needs, and if I am violating policies, please forgive me.

This is a link to an article regarding Desoto County Deputy Austin Eldridge?s recent, serious injuries the night of February 5th.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/sheriff-deputy-injured-after-being-hit-by-car-airlifted-regional-one/I65O36ET75AABG4ZXV5A3PIVQA/

It happened on I-269, not far from Hernando, MS. Austin had stopped to help someone change a flat tire caused by road debris, and was standing behind his patrol car retrieving a jack. A car came speeding out of the night and slammed into him.

Although I do not personally know Austin, or his wife, Ashley, they are known, by many, as a kind young couple. Besides facing obvious recovery challenges, they?re expecting a baby, in July.

First, this young couple do so need your prayers. Second, Desoto County Sheriff?s office has set up a GoFundMe to help with some of their expenses. If you?re of a mind to help and/or share this with others, I have no doubt they would be very grateful.

Thank You
Carol

https://www.gofundme.com/f/austin-and-ashley-eldridge

Cowbell
02-14-2021, 05:31 PM
Desoto County MS Deputy Severely Injured

I don?t know the forum?s policy regarding shining a light on other?s financial needs, and if I am violating policies, please forgive me.

This is a link to an article regarding Desoto County Deputy Austin Eldridge?s recent, serious injuries the night of February 5th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/sheriff-deputy-injured-after-being-hit-by-car-airlifted-regional-one/I65O36ET75AABG4ZXV5A3PIVQA/%3foutputType=amp

It happened on I-269, not far from Hernando, MS. Austin had stopped to help someone change a flat tire caused by road debris, and was standing behind his patrol car retrieving a jack. A car came speeding out of the night and slammed into him.

Although I do not personally know Austin, or his wife, Ashley, they are known, by many, as a kind young couple. Besides facing obvious recovery challenges, they?re expecting a baby, in July.

First, this young couple do so need your prayers. Second, Desoto County Sheriff?s office has set up a GoFundMe to help with some of their expenses. If you?re of a mind to help and/or share this with others, I have no doubt they would be very grateful.

Thank You
Carol

https://www.gofundme.com/f/austin-and-ashley-eldridge

Prayers from TX - terrible situation

Dawg_Lover
03-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Austin Eldridge Update:

Per the following article, Austin was released from Regional One Trauma Center today to return home, to Horn Lake. Following the loss of one leg and serious injury to the other, both Austin and his expectant wife, Ashley, due in July, are facing challenging times ahead.
Yet they are moving forward with hope and a positive attitude, while leaning heavily on their faith and God. He posted a Facebook note thanking everyone for the prayers and support to their page, AustinandAshley Eldridge.
If you are of a mind to do so, please continue to pray for them on occasion.

Respectfully
Carol

OLJWales
03-12-2021, 11:06 PM
This shit sucks and nobody ever hears about it. Remember after 9-11 when all the sports players were down with the men in blue?

Dawg_Lover
03-12-2021, 11:09 PM
The article link didn?t post. It is on the Memphis WREG website, entitled ? DeSoto County deputy struck by drunk driver on I-269 released from hospital?.

Dawg_Lover
03-12-2021, 11:40 PM
This shit sucks and nobody ever hears about it. Remember after 9-11 when all the sports players were down with the men in blue?

Yes, I do. Unfortunately some in today?s society paint them all with a broad brush and have little respect or regard for their lives. It is particularly concerning, for me, because one of my sons is an officer on Brandon?s Reservoir Police Dept. Even though I feel it is a safer environment than many, you just never know.

For example, the young deputy this thread is about was just helping someone change a flat tire when he was struck by the drunk driver ... forever changing the course of his life.

Every normal, boring day is a gift. In the day to day living, we all tend to forget that. Sorry about droning on. Your comment just stirred a few thoughts.

OLJWales
03-13-2021, 05:28 AM
Yes, I do. Unfortunately some in today?s society paint them all with a broad brush and have little respect or regard for their lives. It is particularly concerning, for me, because one of my sons is an officer on Brandon?s Reservoir Police Dept. Even though I feel it is a safer environment than many, you just never know.

For example, the young deputy this thread is about was just helping someone change a flat tire when he was struck by the drunk driver ... forever changing the course of his life.

Every normal, boring day is a gift. In the day to day living, we all tend to forget that. Sorry about droning on. Your comment just stirred a few thoughts.

Rep given sir, good for your son

DownwardDawg
03-13-2021, 08:17 AM
Very sad situation. Thank you for sharing.

ScoobaDawg
03-13-2021, 12:42 PM
The article link didn?t post. It is on the Memphis WREG website, entitled ? DeSoto County deputy struck by drunk driver on I-269 released from hospital?.

Fixed your link.

ScoobaDawg
03-13-2021, 12:43 PM

Remember why they park behind the car also... To protect the car they are assisting.

Dawg_Lover
03-13-2021, 06:53 PM
Remember why they park behind the car also... To protect the car they are assisting.

Yes, unfortunately he was standing behind his own car retrieving a jack, from the trunk, when the drunk driver veered off interstate and hit him.

OLJWales
03-13-2021, 07:08 PM
Yes, unfortunately he was standing behind his own car retrieving a jack, from the trunk, when the drunk driver veered off interstate and hit him.

So sad when lives are turned up side down like that.