PDA

View Full Version : Petal and Madison Central Coaches.

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-11-2021, 04:41 PM
Does anyone have any insight on these openings? Any names leaking out?

confucius say
02-11-2021, 04:47 PM
Rumor in Madison is MC interviewed Herbert Davis, who is one of the best in the state at any level right now.

Todd4State
02-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Rumor in Madison is MC interviewed Herbert Davis, who is one of the best in the state at any level right now.

Hmmm... someone suggested this a week or so ago.

99jc
02-11-2021, 05:47 PM
c34

preachermatt83
02-11-2021, 11:52 PM
Devin cooper at Scott Central will get an interview at Petal. As will Tyler Peterson. I expect Madison central to hire the guy at Northwest Rankin.

preachermatt83
02-11-2021, 11:52 PM
c34

If SC opens I would expect C34 to get an interview there.

DownwardDawg
02-12-2021, 12:02 AM
c34

Dang. You beat me to it!!!

Cooterpoot
02-12-2021, 12:39 AM
Devin cooper at Scott Central will get an interview at Petal. As will Tyler Peterson. I expect Madison central to hire the guy at Northwest Rankin.

Cooper won't get the Petal job.

preachermatt83
02-12-2021, 01:42 AM

Prob not but he will get an interview. And he’s quite the impressive interview and has gotten some attention already from some important people there. But I do agree it’s unlikely. I will say this... whenever he does move on and someone takes a chance on him they will have one of the best coaches in the state of MS. Listening to him talk defense is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever heard.

preachermatt83
02-12-2021, 01:43 AM

If NWR opens like I suspect it is about to... then you’ve got the potential for some stiff to really open up for Coop.

Madisonmd
02-12-2021, 07:36 AM
If NWR opens like I suspect it is about to... then you?ve got the potential for some stiff to really open up for Coop.

Some rumors among coaches that the Hoover coach may be a candidate at MC.

Cooterpoot
02-12-2021, 07:45 AM
If NWR opens like I suspect it is about to... then you?ve got the potential for some stiff to really open up for Coop.

I think he's going to have a hard time getting a big 6A job without a lot of help.

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-12-2021, 08:05 AM
I have someone that?s pretty close to the Hoover program. I?ll ask.

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-12-2021, 11:32 AM
According to someone pretty close to the Hoover program, Niblett is ready to leave. He has tried to get smaller college jobs. He has his years in for retirement in Alabama. They have not heard anything specific, but they said they would not be surprised at all.

preachermatt83
02-12-2021, 06:09 PM
I think he's going to have a hard time getting a big 6A job without a lot of help.

I agree. To a point. But he does have a lot of help. Some of the biggest names in football push for him.

Coach34
02-12-2021, 06:15 PM
Brandon's new coach was at Pelahatchie 2 years ago wasnt he? It's about who you know

preachermatt83
02-12-2021, 09:01 PM
Brandon's new coach was at Pelahatchie 2 years ago wasnt he? It's about who you know

Exactly!

FanninDawg
02-13-2021, 06:42 AM
Right...Sam is from the area and actually has a REAL football pedigree.

Dawgfan77
02-13-2021, 07:45 AM

The principal at BHS was at that 2A school and hired Sam there.

Coach34
02-13-2021, 04:23 PM
The principal at BHS was at that 2A school and hired Sam there.

and there you go

confucius say
02-13-2021, 05:18 PM
Who you know always matters.

But Sam did an incredible job at Ridgeland. He took over a meh program (at best) and was in north state in year two. Had he flopped at Ridgeland, he wouldn't have kept climbing.

Fader21
02-13-2021, 09:49 PM
He was in North State year 1. This will be there 3rd coach in 3 years. (RHS that is)

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-18-2021, 11:05 AM
NW Rankin posts head coach/ AD job open. I?m assuming Collums is headed to Madison Central.

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-18-2021, 11:57 AM
Steve is reporting Toby Collums to Madison Central

Dawgfan77
02-18-2021, 12:16 PM
NW Rankin posts head coach/ AD job open. I?m assuming Collums is headed to Madison Central.

Wonder if they would rehire Tyler

captaindog
02-18-2021, 12:35 PM
Steve is reporting Toby Collums to Madison Central

Great pickup for MC. I?m curious the direction NWR goes. So what big jobs are still open?

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-18-2021, 12:46 PM
NW Rankin, Petal, and Ridgeland are open

captaindog
02-18-2021, 02:06 PM
Hmmm... someone suggested this a week or so ago.

Doesn?t Coach Davis have his time needed for retirement in the state system? If so, I can?t imagine him going back. Barring some monster payday he couldn?t turn down somewhere, he is in a very good situation at MRA. His local talent pool in the Madison area is already huge. Also, with the way they are winning, the schedule they are playing, and the offense they run he is going to continue to attract players from outside the immediate location.

BB30
02-18-2021, 02:22 PM
Doesn?t Coach Davis have his time needed for retirement in the state system? If so, I can?t imagine him going back. Barring some monster payday he couldn?t turn down somewhere, he is in a very good situation at MRA. His local talent pool in the Madison area is already huge. Also, with the way they are winning, the schedule they are playing, and the offense they run he is going to continue to attract players from outside the immediate location.

I like coach Davis and was coached by him. He is a great coach, don't get me wrong but he is also great at jumping ship if the talent level is falling off a bit and landing at a school that is loaded up. He has followed Termie Land from Heritage to Pillow and now MRA. I know he left termie for a bit and went down to BA for a bit I believe.

Todd4State
02-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Great pickup for MC. I?m curious the direction NWR goes. So what big jobs are still open?

I don't know a lot about him. Does he run an innovative offense? Or is he another run first guy?

Niblett would have gotten me excited.

preachermatt83
02-18-2021, 03:35 PM

Blind squirrel and such.

LC Dawg
02-18-2021, 08:19 PM

I don't think Herbert has a ton of time in the MS retirement system. I know he had short stints at Ocean Springs and at Lawrence County but I think the rest of his career has been at private schools.
Other than for retirement purposes I can't see him leaving MRA right now. He's a hero there for beating Prep.

Coach34
02-18-2021, 08:25 PM
Herbert isnt leaving MRA until he has to. He gets paid well and its easy to win there. He has no public school retirement.

DeltaChicagoDog
02-18-2021, 08:41 PM
I like coach Davis and was coached by him. He is a great coach, don't get me wrong but he is also great at jumping ship if the talent level is falling off a bit and landing at a school that is loaded up. He has followed Termie Land from Heritage to Pillow and now MRA. I know he left termie for a bit and went down to BA for a bit I believe.

Not sure about Bayou, but Davis coached at IA in mid/late 90's. Followed Riley Myers, I believe.

captaindog
02-18-2021, 08:47 PM
Herbert isnt leaving MRA until he has to. He gets paid well and its easy to win there. He has no public school retirement.

Thanks to all. I assumed he would have previously coached in the state system. I?m not sure of his age but it would likely not be financially beneficial for him to make the switch. He is in a very good situation right now.

Coach34
02-18-2021, 08:50 PM
Not sure about Bayou, but Davis coached at IA in mid/late 90's. Followed Riley Myers, I believe.

yes- Herbert coached at Indianola- played them when I was at Heritage in the early 90's

WinningIsRelentless
02-19-2021, 03:12 PM
Cooper is in the drivers seat for Northwest. Could be named early next week.

Dawgfan77
02-19-2021, 07:18 PM
yes- Herbert coached at Indianola- played them when I was at Heritage in the early 90's

Did you coach at heritage 95 96? Before Weeks? I played for Weeks at Leake and heritage was our conference

Coach34
02-19-2021, 07:32 PM
Did you coach at heritage 95 96? Before Weeks? I played for Weeks at Leake and heritage was our conference

I was the HC at Lamar then. Weeks is my buddy. Good dude

preachermatt83
02-26-2021, 03:22 PM

He got the NWR job.

Cooterpoot
02-27-2021, 07:47 AM
He got the NWR job.

Dominoes fell in place. NWR was the one place. It wasn't open at the time. Petal really screwed the pooch when you consider who all applied.

preachermatt83
02-27-2021, 01:26 PM
Dominoes fell in place. NWR was the one place. It wasn't open at the time. Petal really screwed the pooch when you consider who all applied.

You are absolutely right about Petal. Could have had the guy from Columbia(but wouldn?t pay what had to be paid) ... Tyler peterson...cooper(but wouldn?t pay what needed to be paid)

Saltydog
02-27-2021, 01:34 PM
Allen Glenn from Amory will be the new Petal H/C. BTW, he's good friends with Will Hall, so there you go.

Cooterpoot
02-28-2021, 01:07 AM
Allen Glenn from Amory will be the new Petal H/C. BTW, he's good friends with Will Hall, so there you go.

He worked previously with Petal Admins. That's why he was hired. He's not a bad coach. But that was a big job with big fish on the line.

Saltydog
02-28-2021, 01:15 AM
He worked previously with Petal Admins. That's why he was hired. He's not a bad coach. But that was a big job with big fish on the line.

Agreed. I think he?s a good young coach but if you?re looking for a strong, proven, experienced h/c with a good resume for big time football in ms then it?s a bit of an underwhelming hire.