PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Baseball Scrimmages

confucius say
02-08-2021, 02:10 PM
Anybody attend? Thoughts?

MsStateBaseball
02-08-2021, 03:14 PM
Cerantola has turned the corner. Very loose. He threw 40 pitches, 31 strikes. Look for him to have a huge year.

With our excellent pitching, our offense is a little underrated right now.

I think Skinner will start in CF and Lane Forsythe at 3B.

Homedawg
02-08-2021, 03:19 PM
How bad is skinner hurt?

State82
02-08-2021, 03:29 PM
40 pitches with 31 strikes? Wow, that is very encouraging.

KOdawg1
02-08-2021, 03:45 PM
How bad is skinner hurt?

According to Jean, twisted his wrist. Shouldn't be too serious.

CaptainObvious
02-08-2021, 07:32 PM
Unless 8 of those balls were to 2 guys and 20 of the strikes were fouled off.****

R2Dawg
02-08-2021, 09:07 PM
Cerantola has turned the corner. Very loose. He threw 40 pitches, 31 strikes. Look for him to have a huge year.

With our excellent pitching, our offense is a little underrated right now.

I think Skinner will start in CF and Lane Forsythe at 3B.
Heard some baseball expert other day get asked how good Cerantola can be or is. He said he is a top 5 talent and he could be the #1 pick next year. That is how high this guy was on him.

ZedFedder
02-08-2021, 09:14 PM
Heard some baseball expert other day get asked how good Cerantola can be or is. He said he is a top 5 talent and he could be the #1 pick next year. That is how high this guy was on him.

It was Aaron Fitt on Sports Talk.

AlSwearengen
02-08-2021, 10:02 PM

He has 3 devastating pitches and is tall and lanky with a good frame. I said his freshman season that he could be a high first round pick based solely on body and talent and that he was probably a better prospect than JT because of his size. As far as harnessing it all and having good command, we’ll see. I think him handling 3 or 4 good quality teams consecutively might give him the shot in the arm mentally that he needs. He’ll get a chance to gain some confidence first time out.

Todd4State
02-09-2021, 02:22 PM

I disagree on top five. However, I think we could see Cerentola and MacLeoud both go in the first round with strong seasons.

AlSwearengen
02-09-2021, 08:07 PM
I disagree on top five. However, I think we could see Cerentola and MacLeoud both go in the first round with strong seasons.

I am a little confused by the post. He said a possible top pick next year but does he mean this year?

Todd4State
02-09-2021, 09:09 PM
I am a little confused by the post. He said a possible top pick next year but does he mean this year?

I think he means that everyone gets last year as a free year so he could come back next year. However if he had a year like Stratton or Hudson did I can't see him coming back and trying to be a top five pick. Or even a year like Kendall Graveman had honestly.