PDA

View Full Version : Dan showed we can actually compete with big boys

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2013, 12:40 AM
I expect that same effort for every game. If he gives us half ass coaching like he did at sc i will be pissed. Tonight he made a&m earn every second, except the min before halftime. SC he didnt even try an onsides kick.

Dan needs to get sp teams fixed because we screwwd up almost every way possible.

EngineerDawg
11-10-2013, 07:51 AM
I feel totally opposite. We were scoring late in garbage time. ATM knew we didn't have a prayer. Yesterday showed me Mullen really doesn't have any idea how to MANAGE a team. Hell, as Willy James Huff says, "he couldn't manage a bowl of ****ing jello".

I will say this. Our defense played phenominal. I am just baffled at how Mullen kills any and all momentum at the most crucial times.

Dawgface
11-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Everybody plays A&M a good game, except for a couple of OOC games. I wouldn't get too excited.

maroonmania
11-10-2013, 08:58 AM
I expect that same effort for every game. If he gives us half ass coaching like he did at sc i will be pissed. Tonight he made a&m earn every second, except the min before halftime. SC he didnt even try an onsides kick.

Dan needs to get sp teams fixed because we screwwd up almost every way possible.

Let's not get carried away, we gave a pretty good effort but undid a lot of that with special teams and secondary blunders. I don't consider being down 51-27 in the 4th quarter "competing with the big boys" any more than I do in a game like LSU that went the other way with us being within one score at the end of 3 but turning that into a 33 point blowout. Seriously, if we had been in Starkville how many fans would have been left in the stands after the score hit 51-27? All we did was make it respectable in the end.

Jdawg
11-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Let's not get carried away, we gave a pretty good effort but undid a lot of that with special teams and secondary blunders. I don't consider being down 51-27 in the 4th quarter "competing with the big boys" any more than I do in a game like LSU that went the other way with us being within one score at the end of 3 but turning that into a 33 point blowout. Seriously, if we had been in Starkville how many fans would have been left in the stands after the score hit 51-27? All we did was make it respectable in the end.

Maroon mania nailed it. We got some late scores when the game was already decided. And A&M has an awful defense, possibly one of the worst defenses we will play all season. If you want to feel good about something then feel good that we finally scored some points in the 2nd half and competed until the end. Even though it was against a sucky defenses 3rd teamers. I just don't want everyone to think we've turned the corner because after the Bama game next week you won't be feeling too good.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM

Dan needs to get sp teams fixed because we screwd up almost every way possible.

I am speechless, how do we get beat by 10 and still say we competed with the BIG BOYS. Do you watch football, we are a very poorly coached team. That game was for the taken but our staff didnt and couldn't put us in a position to win the game. Not that I was a Mullen supporter, but that game yesterday completely sold me on its time for Dan to go.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I am speechless, how do we get beat by 10 and still say we competed with the BIG BOYS. Do you watch football, we are a very poorly coached team. That game was for the taken but our staff didnt and couldn't put us in a position to win the game. Not that I was a Mullen supporter, but that game yesterday completely sold me on its time for Dan to go.

I meant we have the players to compete. Jff and evans were the only 2 players they had that i would trade for. Our entire defense is better. Their lbs were close. This game came down to coaching mistakes.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 09:46 AM
I meant we have the players to compete. Jff and evans were the only 2 players they had that i would trade for. Our entire defense is better. Their lbs were close. This game came down to coaching mistakes.

I agree we have the players, but this staff cannot put that talent in a position to win...WE NEED A CHANGE

dawgs
11-10-2013, 11:17 AM
I feel totally opposite. We were scoring late in garbage time. ATM knew we didn't have a prayer. Yesterday showed me Mullen really doesn't have any idea how to MANAGE a team. Hell, as Willy James Huff says, "he couldn't manage a bowl of ****ing jello".

I will say this. Our defense played phenominal. I am just baffled at how Mullen kills any and all momentum at the most crucial times.

Yep huge difference in scoring late to make the game 10 points than giving up a score late to make the game 10 points. We weren't within 1 score after halftime.