PDA

View Full Version : Dan....we were close tonight.

Jdawg
11-10-2013, 12:08 AM
We did some things well, some things not so well.

Time to move on.

We need to sit Dak against Bama and rest him for the stretch run.

Arkansas and the Bears are winnable games.

No need to risk injury in a game we can't win against Bama.

Rest up and get ready for the last 2 to get bowl eligible.

The Original J dawg.

Statecoachingblows**
11-10-2013, 12:12 AM
We are at the point if talking about sitting guys for a conference game??? Yep we are on the right track! Why keep anybody out now? We have an easier schedule next year, they'll be healed by then

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2013, 12:32 AM
If Dan did that i would want him fired before kickoff. We dont pay him 2.7 to try to win 6 games and just show up for the other 6

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 12:44 AM
We did some things well, some things not so well.

Time to move on.

We need to sit Dak against Bama and rest him for the stretch run.

Arkansas and the Bears are winnable games.

No need to risk injury in a game we can't win against Bama.

Rest up and get ready for the last 2 to get bowl eligible.

The Original J dawg.

This looks good on paper, but football doesn't work like this. You can't take away the team's chance to have the biggest upset of their careers. Dan would lose the team if he did this.

Dak doesn't need to sit another down in his MSU career unless it is garbage time.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Not a bad idea. Just not going to happen though. One of my biggest concern vs Arkansas is going in there beat up and bruised from the Bama game. I really think in a few seasons, we have lost the ARK game because it came after a physical emotional Bama game.

Dear college football god, indian bural mound, please Just let us go into LR at full strength. We will need it.

donald igwebuike
11-10-2013, 08:04 AM
They will be better for it.

You don't improve by playing lesser comp.

maroonmania
11-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Not a bad idea. Just not going to happen though. One of my biggest concern vs Arkansas is going in there beat up and bruised from the Bama game. I really think in a few seasons, we have lost the ARK game because it came after a physical emotional Bama game.

Dear college football god, indian bural mound, please Just let us go into LR at full strength. We will need it.

You are dead on with this post. We WILL get beat up playing Bama. Some talking head I heard had a stat about team's records the week following playing Bama over the past 5 years and it was abysmal. Anyone who thinks we are going to have an easy time going up to Ark and winning on the road 7 days after playing Bama is very much mistaken.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2013, 09:53 AM
You are dead on with this post. We WILL get beat up playing Bama. Some talking head I heard had a stat about team's records the week following playing Bama over the past 5 years and it was abysmal. Anyone who thinks we are going to have an easy time going up to Ark and winning on the road 7 days after playing Bama is very much mistaken.
I can hear Dan's press conference now. "The only reason we lost to Ark was because my players were beat up from Bama. It is Stricklan's fault since we didnt just forfeit the Bama game so we would be rested up to take on this powerhouse program looking for their first sec win."

DawgsBite34
11-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I just cant believe anybody would go into a game and say ''well we cant win'' regardless of who it is.....