PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Starting Lineup

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Alright baseball guys. I?m starting to get interested in the season despite wind chills predicted below zero next week. What?s the projected starting lineup? Starting rotation? Relief guys? I apologize if this is buried somewhere and has already been discussed.

KOdawg1
02-05-2021, 10:59 AM
My lineup would be:

Rowdy - CF
James - SS
Allen - RF
L. Tanner - C
Hatcher - 1B
Hancock/Garner - DH
Pimentel/Skinner - LF
Clark - 3B
Debrule - 2B

If Skinner is in the lineup, then I'd probably put him in CF and bump Rowdy to LF bc of Skinner's speed, but Rowdy is the more experienced player so I get leaving him in CF.

You've also got Landon Jordan who can play 3B or DH some. Cumbest will get some ABs. Forsythe is a guy who has impressed this spring. He could play some at 3B or SS.

The rotation will probably start off with MacLeod, Bednar, and Cerantola, but Eric will be on a short leash with a lot of talented guys competing behind him.

Saltydog
02-05-2021, 11:31 AM
My lineup would be:

Rowdy - CF
James - SS
Allen - RF
L. Tanner - C
Hatcher - 1B
Hancock/Garner - DH
Pimentel/Skinner - LF
Clark - 3B
Debrule - 2B

If Skinner is in the lineup, then I'd probably put him in CF and bump Rowdy to LF bc of Skinner's speed, but Rowdy is the more experienced player so I get leaving him in CF.

You've also got Landon Jordan who can play 3B or DH some. Cumbest will get some ABs. Forsythe is a guy who has impressed this spring. He could play some at 3B or SS.

The rotation will probably start off with MacLeod, Bednar, and Cerantola, but Eric will be on a short leash with a lot of talented guys competing behind him.

That's pretty well how I see it to. I would expect Landon Sims to be the set up guy and Spencer Price to be the closer. Mid-week starters could be a lot of guys but initially I expect Houston Harding and possibly Carlisle Koestler.

KOdawg1
02-05-2021, 11:34 AM
That's pretty well how I see it to. I would expect Landon Sims to be the set up guy and Spencer Price to be the closer. Mid-week starters could be a lot of guys but initially I expect Houston Harding and possibly Carlisle Koestler.

Yeah there's so many guys who can fill out the midweek and bullpen. Deepest we've ever been

CaptainObvious
02-05-2021, 12:27 PM
The amazing thing is that as deep as State is this year, so are all the top SEC teams. So even with this nice staff, a 17-13 SEC record would be a very good season.

Florida, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, A&M, and Arkansas are all going to be very good and also deep.

Homedawg
02-05-2021, 01:08 PM
The amazing thing is that as deep as State is this year, so are all the top SEC teams. So even with this nice staff, a 17-13 SEC record would be a very good season.

Florida, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, A&M, and Arkansas are all going to be very good and also deep.

We will see about A&M. But you left out Vandy.

MsStateBaseball
02-05-2021, 01:21 PM
Ole Miss won?t win 15 SEC games

MsStateBaseball
02-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Rowdey CF
James SS
TA RF
Hatcher 1B
LT C
Clark DH
Skinner LF
Forsythe 3B
Dubrule 2B

KOdawg1
02-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Rowdey CF
James SS
TA RF
Hatcher 1B
LT C
Clark DH
Skinner LF
Forsythe 3B
Dubrule 2B

That'd be our best defensive lineup. I'd be worried about hitting in the bottom half of our order though. Lots of new faces.

basedog
02-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Top seven pitchers some on ED projected aren't what i heard. One want be available for several weeks, but we do have a strong staff and a great pitching Coach.

AROB44
02-05-2021, 04:35 PM
Top seven pitchers some on ED projected aren't what i heard. One want be available for several weeks, but we do have a strong staff and a great pitching Coach.

ED can't be wrong *******

basedog
02-05-2021, 04:46 PM
ED can't be wrong *******

I should have stated "IFFY"*

Saltydog
02-05-2021, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that...........I'm not saying they're going to win the league but they'll be damn good.......

Coach34
02-05-2021, 09:51 PM
2021 will be the toughest the West has been in history- plus Vandy and Florida will be damn good. SEC baseball is the best in the country.

AlSwearengen
02-05-2021, 11:08 PM

Care to expound on that a little? I know Lemonis said a couple pitchers were a couple weeks behind. My guess at a top 7 (not in order necessarily) right now might be:
1. Macleod
2. Bednar
3. Cerantola
4. Sims
5. Price
6. Tullar
7. Harding
after that with a chance to move up with a little experience
8. Smith
9. Fristoe
10. Stinnett
I saw film of Lovett that makes him my sleeper.

basedog
02-06-2021, 08:31 AM
Care to expound on that a little? I know Lemonis said a couple pitchers were a couple weeks behind. My guess at a top 7 (not in order necessarily) right now might be:
1. Macleod
2. Bednar
3. Cerantola
4. Sims
5. Price
6. Tullar
7. Harding
8. Smith
9. Fristoe
10. Stinnett

You pretty much nailed it, injuries has occurred, things may have changed somewhat. When season gets underway and word gets out about certain players, I will tell what I know. The future is bright as far as pitching looks.

The Federalist Engineer
02-06-2021, 02:04 PM
1. Macleod
2. Bednar
3. Cerantola
4. Sims
5. Price
6. Tullar
7. Harding
8. Smith
9. Fristoe
10. Stinnett

This list seems right, there are some players that are going to fight to climb the Ziggurat like KC Hunt, Stone Simmons, Brandon/Cade Smith, Davis Rokose, Riley Self, Tepper

Brandon Smith is one of the most experienced players that is not a Grad like Self and Price. Lots of SEC experience in 2019. Even Sims could got from #4 to #1.

AlSwearengen
02-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Basedog, sent you an IM.

basedog
02-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Basedog, sent you an IM.

You got mail.

preachermatt83
02-07-2021, 01:14 AM
Dubrule won’t hit at the bottom. Not unless something drastic happens. I’d guess him in the top 6

Todd4State
02-07-2021, 02:09 AM
Dubrule won’t hit at the bottom. Not unless something drastic happens. I’d guess him in the top 6

We'll see how he does in live action. We have a lot of veterans and if Skinner is leading off it's possible that Dubrule could hit lower in the order.

Todd4State
02-07-2021, 02:11 AM
This list seems right, there are some players that are going to fight to climb the Ziggurat like KC Hunt, Stone Simmons, Brandon/Cade Smith, Davis Rokose, Riley Self, Tepper

Brandon Smith is one of the most experienced players that is not a Grad like Self and Price. Lots of SEC experience in 2019. Even Sims could got from #4 to #1.

I think Smith might end up being a midweek starter to begin the year while he rehabs and might move into the rotation depending on how others perform.

WSOPdawg
02-07-2021, 11:07 AM
We'll see how he does in live action. We have a lot of veterans and if Skinner is leading off it's possible that Dubrule could hit lower in the order.

IF Skinner is leading off, then that means he's earned it and we are definitely in GREAT shape offensively... meaning we can feel quite comfortable with 7 of our 9 spots in the batting order. My outlook is getting "woolier" by the minute.

MsStateBaseball
02-07-2021, 12:01 PM
Skinner might lead off later in the year. He?s not ready for that yet.

AlSwearengen
02-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Unless I am mistaken, in the most recent interview with Lemonis, he was singing the praises of Dubrule’s hitting abilities. I expect him to start the season in the 1 or 2 spot. However, is it possible that Rowdey leads off with James in the 2 hole?

1. Rowdey
2. James
3. TA
4. Hatcher
5. Tanner
6. Dubrule

I think I like Rowdey in the 2 hole more than lead off. I am an arm chair coach though.

preachermatt83
02-07-2021, 06:09 PM
Unless I am mistaken, in the most recent interview with Lemonis, he was singing the praises of Dubrule’s hitting abilities. I expect him to start the season in the 1 or 2 spot. However, is it possible that Rowdey leads off with James in the 2 hole?

1. Rowdey
2. James
3. TA
4. Hatcher
5. Tanner
6. Dubrule

I think I like Rowdey in the 2 hole more than lead off. I am an arm chair coach though.

Rowdey is a MUCH better hitter when he is not leading off.

WPS
02-08-2021, 12:25 PM

Starting pitching is a pretty big concern for Arkansas IMO. Especially given how loaded the SEC West is with high-end Friday pitching. Everywhere else should be solid but wouldn't be surprised if it causes the Hogs to finish 4th or so in the West. Of course, that's still probably a top 15 team.

The Federalist Engineer
02-09-2021, 12:33 PM
Starting pitching is a pretty big concern for Arkansas IMO. Especially given how loaded the SEC West is with high-end Friday pitching. Everywhere else should be solid but wouldn't be surprised if it causes the Hogs to finish 4th or so in the West. Of course, that's still probably a top 15 team.

I expect you guys to be very, very good. Similar issue with hitting like us, Losing a big bopper, 1st rounder like the kid with the Swedish name, kirstead. But you guys always find another. Christian Franklin seems poised for a huge year and is a player any team would want and start.

StarkVegasSteve
02-09-2021, 01:16 PM

There's going to be one or two west teams that make the tourney that don't host and they're going to be absolute hell in that regional as a two seed.

Activated Alpha
02-09-2021, 01:45 PM
Where do we see ourselves ending up in SEC rankings?

MsStateBaseball
02-09-2021, 03:08 PM
3rd or 4th. We have a great shot to win the West. But Florida will sweep many of their series and they will be tough to catch.

The Federalist Engineer
02-09-2021, 05:49 PM
3rd or 4th. We have a great shot to win the West. But Florida will sweep many of their series and they will be tough to catch.

I see Florida get all the love in preseason polls but Vandy is the team to beat for me. Florida was 16-1 last year, nice start. They did not get beat by Texas Southern like we did. But Miami is really not a lock-down power team. That?s the good team they beat a few times before the lockdown

I think being defending National champs is more impressive

maroonmania
02-09-2021, 07:59 PM

Speaking of that, does anyone know why in the heck the SEC still has divisions in baseball? Seems kind of pointless.

Todd4State
02-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Speaking of that, does anyone know why in the heck the SEC still has divisions in baseball? Seems kind of pointless.

Why does the SEC have divisions in any sport for that matter?

Todd4State
02-09-2021, 09:18 PM
And if Skinner is hurt, we may go with Cumbest. Pimentel has been striking out a LOT.

Homedawg
02-09-2021, 09:34 PM
And if Skinner is hurt, we may go with Cumbest. Pimentel has been striking out a LOT.

I'm not sold on cumbest. He's a k guy too. Not playing full time hurts him. That's a hole in a lineup. We have 2 holes. Jordan might hit well enough but won't field well enough. And forsythe is the opposite.

AlSwearengen
02-09-2021, 09:43 PM
Homedawg, what is the situation with Kellum Clark?

The Federalist Engineer
02-09-2021, 11:56 PM
I'm not sold on cumbest. He's a k guy too. Not playing full time hurts him. That's a hole in a lineup. We have 2 holes. Jordan might hit well enough but won't field well enough. And forsythe is the opposite.

Lots of players competing for this spot, so Cumbest must be flashing something to take the position.

The candidates:

Skinner, McGowan, McDonald, Grantham, Pimentel to name a few

I wonder if Kace Garner could not emerge at some point if Cumbest and Pimentel do not work out. He's a catcher but I see C/OF listed as his position in JC.

Basically pulling a Gilbert Marshall who was a backup Catcher that took 3B because Gunnar Halter was never going to hit

Tripp McNeely
02-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Lots of players competing for this spot, so Cumbest must be flashing something to take the position.

The candidates:

I wonder if Kace Garner could not emerge at some point if Cumbest and Pimentel do not work out. He's a catcher but I see C/OF listed as his position in JC.

Basically pulling a Gilbert Marshall who was a backup Catcher that took 3B because Gunnar Halter was never going to hit

Marshall Gilbert

Todd4State
02-10-2021, 12:09 AM

I think Skinner has the inside track to start when he is healthy. But between Cumbest and Pimentel Lemonis will probably go with Cumbest at this point.

Todd4State
02-10-2021, 12:11 AM

The candidates:

Garner is probably more of a DH/1B than a catcher at this point. I can't see him catching much over Logan Tanner and Luke Hancock. If he has a good year this year he could be our first baseman next year after Hatcher leaves. Or at least he will be in the running. More than likely odds are he will be more of a role guy than anything.

The Federalist Engineer
02-10-2021, 01:05 AM
Marshall Gilbert

Next your gonna tell me that we don?t have a Allen Tanner, Jordan Rowdey, Logan Tanner or James Kamren

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Logan Tanner will be back. SS is Forsythe, 2B is Meche and Clark as 1B. Young but very talented.

Homedawg
02-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Homedawg, what is the situation with Kellum Clark?

He's just playing first in the scrimmages. He's struggled at the plate. But the staff likes him a lot.

Homedawg
02-10-2021, 09:10 AM
Logan Tanner will be back. SS is Forsythe, 2B is Meche and Clark as 1B. Young but very talented.

Of is the issue next year. McDonald, skinner McGowan are back. But some signees gonna need to step in big time. Inf and catcher wil be fine. Talent on the mound will be fine.

KOdawg1
02-10-2021, 09:14 AM
He's just playing first in the scrimmages. He's struggled at the plate. But the staff likes him a lot.
So is he the 1B after Hatcher leaves? I like him at 1B better than 3B.

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Clark is a pretty good defender at 1B. He did almost have a HR the other day to LF but Cumbest pulled it back.

Homedawg
02-10-2021, 11:16 AM
So is he the 1B after Hatcher leaves? I like him at 1B better than 3B.

Yes, I think he is.