PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing about the game...

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 10:27 PM
That may have impacted the result, what would it be?

Can be a play, a certain player, etc..

First one to say the one I think will be said the most, gets reputation points.

I'll say either the decision to start Tyler and play him 3 series...OR...the blown coverage by Cox when we had them backed up and all the momentum only trailing by either 7 or 10.

If Dak starts the game we may have built a lead since our D was playing decent early.

If Cox doesn't blow that coverage and we stop them there, we have great field position with a chance to either tie it up or cut it to 3 (I can't remember the score at that time)

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 10:29 PM
The safety changed the whole game.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Dak and Holloway not connecting on the deep ball. That would have been a touchdown, but instead A&M blocked the punt and got a really short field for their next TD drive. That whole sequence was essentially a 16 point swing.

The drive by A&M at the end of the 1st half was killer too. It completely halted our momentum.

starkvegasdawg
11-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Mine is the last possession they had before the half. Everybody on here in the game thread was saying don't give up a score right here. They went 70+ yards in under a minute.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Not blocking the 12th man. Safety put us behind and made Mullen try 2pt conversion to catch up. Momentum changed.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Mine is the last possession they had before the half. Everybody on here in the game thread was saying don't give up a score right here. They went 70+ yards in under a minute.

Yea, I think you guys are right. That drive before the half was a back breaker

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Surprised nobody has gotten the reputation points yet though....

Tbonewannabe
I just accept that our coaches quit a few minutes early going into the half.

hacker
roughing the kicker penalty.. there are a few huge ones

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 10:34 PM
The safety changed the whole game.

That was mine too. We get an INT to stop a score and then the safety gives them 2 points and great field position to get the ensuing TD to go up 9. From that point it was an uphill battle all day. The only other possible candidate would be the defense making a stop right before half. Going in down 2 versus going to half down 9 was a night and day difference. From the point of the half we never got it back to a one score game the rest of the way.

Statecoachingblows**
11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
The kickoff return killed it

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Dak and Holloway not connecting on the deep ball. That would have been a touchdown, but instead A&M blocked the punt and got a really short field for their next TD drive. That whole sequence was essentially a 16 point swing.

The drive by A&M at the end of the 1st half was killer too. It completely halted our momentum.

Great point, we hit on that pass we actually have a 7 point lead and changes the whole complexion of the game with no safety.

Statecoachingblows**
11-09-2013, 10:41 PM
If take back the fact I never once saw Dan chewing his play card! Had he chewed a little more off of it we would have possibly gotten rid of the bullshit that wasn't working!

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Mullen

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Dak and Holloway not connecting is the correct answer. That was likely a 9 point swing.

If A&M doesn't return the kickoff or Cox doesn't blow a coverage, we are down 2 points, with 40 seconds left, driving to win.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 10:46 PM
We ran LP too many times up the middle.
We shoulda brought Dak in to go for the 4th down in the 1st.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Mullen

Boom, there it is.

Reputation points

Schultzy
11-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Not enough J-Rob. He's a superstar and we treat him like a fill in guy. Shumpert should get the 2nd most carries.

Dannyripms
11-09-2013, 10:57 PM
For me it was probably starting Tyler. I feel like we could of scored on those first 2 drives. And the second would be dak completing that throw before blocked punt. And I guess third would be them scoring before half. I will say that I'm on the fire dan group. But I will give credit where credit is due, they played hard and that's basically all I wanted to see. The mental mistakes can be fixed, playing with relentless effort is something I gotta have every game. We will see how the season plays out but if he can continue to get effort I will back off the fire dan. But it would be good to see what HUD could do with this group. I honestly think we beat auburn, tam, South Carolina and possibly lsu. Call me crazy if u want but I just think HUD gets the most out of his players every game and they find a way to win. Dan is the opposite, dan finds a way to lose. By not starting dak was huge IMO. HUD wouldn't of chances that.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Boom, there it is.

Reputation points
Hahaha!! Too easy.

Fred Garvin
11-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Playing LDP on any short yardage situation.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Playing LDP on any short yardage situation.

Yep.ngood one, and welcome

AROB44
11-10-2013, 09:36 AM
I know the "correct" answer was/is Mullen for most, but my answer is G Collins.....the defensive co-ordinator who love the "prevent" defense. Really not impressed with him.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Dan gettin off the bus, does that count as a play??

blacklistedbully
11-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Start and mostly play DP. JRob, Shump & Perk in a diamond formation, and we most likely win that game, SCar, Auburn & OSU.

Pollodawg
11-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Why we can run at will on them, then come out and throw three times in a row is beyond me. If Dak is out there, I would never throw on 1st. There is no sense in potentially putting yourself behind the chains like that, making it even harder for a qb who already has sketchy passing.

But the blocked punt is what turned the game, followed by the missed field goal. And who is the special teams coach again?

tcdog70
11-10-2013, 11:28 AM
I was,going to say fire the special teams Coach, but that is the same thing as MULLEN

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2013, 12:26 PM
I put the blame for the first series on the coaches. Terrible play calls, especially on third down. I think that was one of the most important mistakes of the game. Also, Dak's interception when we had been moving the ball and they score off it: Potential 14 point swing.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2013, 12:29 PM
I know the "correct" answer was/is Mullen for most, but my answer is G Collins.....the defensive co-ordinator who love the "prevent" defense. Really not impressed with him.

Do you really think he runs the prevent defense without Dan giving the ok? That shit is on Dan at least as much as Collins if not more.

thunderclap
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Most depressing thing about this thread is it's pretty much wash, rinse, repeat.

Bullmutt
11-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Appears there was no lesson learned re: the prevent defense in the Auburn 4th qtr. fiasco. If we couldn't keep AU from scoring with the prevent, how the hell can you honestly expect to stop Manziel in his home stadium?!!