PDA

View Full Version : New DNF/PDS

berr6728
11-09-2013, 09:27 PM
All of you that want to0 build new DNF probably wanted to build a football complex as well as add on to Davis wade, All of this will not win any games in football. We will be unable to keep the excitment going in football and the stands will start to look like a div 2 crowd. Point being we will never be able to fill a new baseball stadium as easy as we are now. We only fill up on Super Bulldog Weekend or Region or super region. It is not as easy to get crowds in baseball as it use to be because of a # of things. 1- being the economy. 2- age of our supporters 3- no double headers on Sat and single game on Sun. I want everything that we need in baseball to win a national championship. I have said for 4 years that we will never win a ncaa championship in football or basketball, we have a great chance in baseball or track. That being said, a new stadium will not win a national championship in baseball. Coaching-recruiting-and hard work by our baseball team will accomplish that. Proof is in 2005 went o U of Miami to watch MY dogs play and was shocked at the stadium for Miami, yet they have won 5 championships.

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

Saltydog
11-09-2013, 09:31 PM
are hung up on things like practice fields, stadiums, uniforms, etc....Times have changed.....

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Darryl:

1st of all welcome
Secondly, are you drunk or did they not have paragraphs back in the 1960's?

Nobody thinks a new stadium will win us a NC- but people think our team and program are worthy of having one of the nicest- if not the nicest- in college baseball. We are passionate just like you are and want the best for our guys.

HailState homey

Will James
11-09-2013, 09:36 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7482486784/hE2F2BD0A/

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 09:42 PM
All of you that want to0 build new DNF probably wanted to build a football complex as well as add on to Davis wade, All of this will not win any games in football. We will be unable to keep the excitment going in football and the stands will start to look like a div 2 crowd. Point being we will never be able to fill a new baseball stadium as easy as we are now. We only fill up on Super Bulldog Weekend or Region or super region. It is not as easy to get crowds in baseball as it use to be because of a # of things. 1- being the economy. 2- age of our supporters 3- no double headers on Sat and single game on Sun. I want everything that we need in baseball to win a national championship. I have said for 4 years that we will never win a ncaa championship in football or basketball, we have a great chance in baseball or track. That being said, a new stadium will not win a national championship in baseball. Coaching-recruiting-and hard work by our baseball team will accomplish that. Proof is in 2005 went o U of Miami to watch MY dogs play and was shocked at the stadium for Miami, yet they have won 5 championships.

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

Not sure I understand your point, Super D. Why can't we have coaching, recruiting,hard work, AND a new stadium? That's what it looks like we will soon have.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

I really don't feel like getting into a point by point argument with your post, but this is something I will address:

The reason our supporters are old is because the current DNF totally restricts our ability to attract newer/younger fans. The grandstand has been off limits to non-season ticket holders until Cohen was finally able to sell The Dudes idea to the the administration, and no students/young alumni can sit in the Lounge unless the know someone. That just leaves the bleachers. What 18-20 year old wants to sit in the bleachers? I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit there (and I know that because I have had to before). That is why we don't have many young fans.

UM has tons of young fans. Why? Because they made a concerted effort to get student in the gates and gave them a good place to sit and gather. Now what happens when those people graduate? They buy season tickets- that's how you build a following, and it's something I think we'll do with our new stadium.

Todd4State
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

1. Cohen is a better coach than Dan.

2. The football program needs those facilities and they will help us recruit in football. What we have built are just life in the SEC.

3. No one is saying that a new stadium would win us National Titles. But it sure wouldn't hurt anything- and it would make everyone a lot happier and more comfortable.

4. As far as the economy, people will come if we are good. We will see that happen this year. People believe again after years of Polk sucking the life out of program by stating that we couldn't win because of the NCAA rules. New ballparks always draw well and help with attendance as well. The only exception being in Miami with the Marlins.

5. As far as the age of our supporters- that's another reason WHY we need a new ballpark. If we get younger fans and their kids to come out, then our large fan base will continue to grow and stay sustainable over the years. It's also imperative to get the students to attend as well- which they do. The younger generation knows that somewhere like Trustmark Park or Autozone Park is more comfortable and kid friendly. But making them sit their ass for five innings in bleachers with no hope to get a seat in the grandstand is not the way to sustain our fan base after we are no longer alive.

6. I think the part about double headers is wrong. We played one against Alabama a couple of years ago and it didn't draw any better or worse. More than likely, we drew well for the double headers because that was the heyday of Polk and at the time we had the best stadium in the conference. Now, isn't that ironic?

7. Miami can recruit well without having to go out of state- actually they almost don't even have to go out of their city to recruit. They're totally different than recruiting at MSU.

8. You may think I am an idiot, but trust me- I'm right about this. Just like some people on Genespage thought I was wrong about Polk when we hired him back and ridiculed me for saying hiring him would set our program back 10 years. Just like a certain Ole Miss fan on sixpack thought I was an idiot for suggesting in year two of the Cohen regime that he would have us in Omaha by year five. And trust me on this- this will be very good for all of MSU and in the end you will like it a lot better than what we have now.

Todd4State
11-09-2013, 10:04 PM
I really don't feel like getting into a point by point argument with your post, but this is something I will address:

The reason our supporters are old is because the current DNF totally restricts our ability to attract newer/younger fans. The grandstand has been off limits to non-season ticket holders until Cohen was finally able to sell The Dudes idea to the the administration, and no students/young alumni can sit in the Lounge unless the know someone. That just leaves the bleachers. What 18-20 year old wants to sit in the bleachers? I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit there (and I know that because I have had to before). That is why we don't have many young fans.

UM has tons of young fans. Why? Because they made a concerted effort to get student in the gates and gave them a good place to sit and gather. Now what happens when those people graduate? They buy season tickets- that's how you build a following, and it's something I think we'll do with our new stadium.

Very well said.