PDA

View Full Version : New Madison Central Football Coach

Todd4State
01-25-2021, 10:30 PM
I saw where Anthony Hart retired. I also saw where Tyler Peterson retired from Brandon. Will Peterson take over at MC? Also my two cents- if I'm MC I'm interviewing Herbert Davis at MRA.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-25-2021, 10:41 PM
Madison Central needs an innovative offensive coach. They have a solid QB that will be a junior. They haven?t been dynamic enough in my opinion. I?ve watched most games the past 4-5 years

ZedFedder
01-25-2021, 10:57 PM
Coach Hart is a fantastic man and coach. Good luck to him!

Homedawg
01-25-2021, 11:12 PM
I saw where Anthony Hart retired. I also saw where Tyler Peterson retired from Brandon. Will Peterson take over at MC? Also my two cents- if I'm MC I'm interviewing Herbert Davis at MRA.

Hiring a coach from a private school to a public is tough these days. Bs. I know. But so much drama and crap involved. Didn't say it can't happen just depends on the district. But it's not like 20 years ago

Todd4State
01-26-2021, 12:21 AM
Madison Central needs an innovative offensive coach. They have a solid QB that will be a junior. They haven?t been dynamic enough in my opinion. I?ve watched most games the past 4-5 years

I totally agree. I'm not sure who that would be though.

Hiring a coach from a private school to a public is tough these days. Bs. I know. But so much drama and crap involved. Didn't say it can't happen just depends on the district. But it's not like 20 years ago

You are right- that is BS.

preachermatt83
01-26-2021, 12:39 AM
I hope the new coach at MC retains Mike Hendershot as O-Line Coach. Amd I wouldn’t touch Brandon high school with a 100 foot pole. Tyler Peterson is one of the best coaches in the state.

Harrydawg
01-26-2021, 03:39 AM
Herbert Davis has the #1 job in the State of MS right now. Life is good and he knows it.

Zero chance he is heading across town

Dawgfan77
01-26-2021, 07:17 AM
I hope the new coach at MC retains Mike Hendershot as O-Line Coach. Amd I wouldn’t touch Brandon high school with a 100 foot pole. Tyler Peterson is one of the best coaches in the state.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about and you being an outsider don't have a clue about what's been happening at Brandon. Nothing like getting someone opinion on a subject they know jack about.

WinningIsRelentless
01-26-2021, 08:32 AM
Tw names to watch for both openings are Sam Williams at RIDGELAND and Devin Cooper at Scott Central.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Sam had a hell of year at ridgeland last year

viverlibre
01-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Herbert Davis has the #1 job in the State of MS right now. Life is good and he knows it.

I don't know his age, but getting vested in PERS and lifetime health insurance may be something to consider. HS coaches do well, but i doubt he is making more than $150k/$200k. Good money, but not enough to ensure a nice retirement without a defined pension and reasonably priced healthcare (for life).

Certainly, his wife could be a Dr and he may be set for life.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2021, 10:20 AM
Sam had a hell of year at ridgeland last year

He's a good coach. So is Cooper.

preachermatt83
01-26-2021, 11:32 PM
Tw names to watch for both openings are Sam Williams at RIDGELAND and Devin Cooper at Scott Central.

Cooper is a top 5 coach in the State.

preachermatt83
01-26-2021, 11:33 PM
You obviously have no idea what your talking about and you being an outsider don't have a clue about what's been happening at Brandon. Nothing like getting someone opinion on a subject they know jack about.

Outsider? Lol. I know exactly what I’m talking about.

Dawgfan77
01-27-2021, 07:26 AM
Outsider? Lol. I know exactly what I’m talking about.
So you live in Brandon? You know members of the coaching staff and administrators? Oh I bet you're B club president??
Tyler is a good guy and a decent coach but he didn't take of what he had for three years.
Brandon has some serious talent coming up in the next two years. A change was needed

Patrick Tibbons
01-27-2021, 07:59 AM

Go look up Herbert?s resume. He doesn?t stay anywhere for very long. However, with his recent health issues, he may not be so inclined to shop around.

Helluva guy and coach though. Ten years ago, I never would?ve thought that MRA would overtake Prep and JA. He?s built a great program.

WinningIsRelentless
01-27-2021, 08:30 AM
So you live in Brandon? You know members of the coaching staff and administrators? Oh I bet you're B club president??
Tyler is a good guy and a decent coach but he didn't take of what he had for three years.
Brandon has some serious talent coming up in the next two years. A change was needed

Brandon is going to be Brandon. The issue wasn?t Tyler its Rogers. DC love to prep against him because its a easy game prep week for them. But hey y?all don?t want believe that.

viverlibre
01-27-2021, 08:38 AM

Sam is a NWR alum, right? That would be like MSU hiring an UM alum as head football coach. Which actually worked out in the Bob Tyler situation.

HaggardDawg
01-27-2021, 09:42 AM
I hope the new coach at MC retains Mike Hendershot as O-Line Coach. Amd I wouldn?t touch Brandon high school with a 100 foot pole. Tyler Peterson is one of the best coaches in the state.

One of the best? Hardly. Dude has underachieved with the talent he's had. Good guy but no energy

HaggardDawg
01-27-2021, 09:45 AM
Look for Brandon to go after Sam Williams.

Fader21
01-27-2021, 11:28 AM
I heard Sam's name mentioned as a potential at Brandon. The principal that hired him at Pelahatchie is at Brandon now if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know where MC turns but I wouldn't mind Teddy Dyess returning to MC, but he is close to retirement age so, would he want to be there long?

Jacksondevildog
01-27-2021, 01:37 PM
Peterson was let go. He didn?t retire.

Johnson85
01-27-2021, 01:39 PM
I don't know his age, but getting vested in PERS and lifetime health insurance may be something to consider. HS coaches do well, but i doubt he is making more than $150k/$200k. Good money, but not enough to ensure a nice retirement without a defined pension and reasonably priced healthcare (for life).

Certainly, his wife could be a Dr and he may be set for life.

I would be shocked if Davis was making >$150k at MRA. Not saying he doesn't; I don't have any insight other than what non-jackson private schools were paying ten years ago, and that might not be a good comparison. But if the Jackson private schools pay that much, any coach that loses to a non-jackson school should be fired immediately, because they could always cherry pick the best coach from elsewhere in the state with compensation like that.

viverlibre
01-27-2021, 04:04 PM

The reason there are so many crazy people in Brandon (as compared to Flowood, Madison, Gluckstadt), is too many of the 40 and 50 year old people in Brandon grew up in SoJack, the birthplace of MWTC (metro white trash crazy). Flowood/Gluckstadt is made up of people from errywhere and Madison is made up of those from FNEJ.

Cooterpoot
01-27-2021, 04:50 PM
The reason there are so many crazy people in Brandon (as compared to Flowood, Madison, Gluckstadt), is too many of the 40 and 50 year old people in Brandon grew up in SoJack, the birthplace of MWTC (metro white trash crazy). Flowood/Gluckstadt is made up of people from errywhere and Madison is made up of those from FNEJ.

I mean, Gluckstadt is technically a suburb of Canton

Extendedcab
01-27-2021, 05:01 PM

What is FNEJ? I grew up in Port Gibson so I am not originally from the Jackson area.

viverlibre
01-27-2021, 07:56 PM
What is FNEJ? I grew up in Port Gibson so I am not originally from the Jackson area.

Fashionable North East Jackson.

coachnorm
01-27-2021, 08:52 PM
Thought I'd share some information about high school coaching with fellow elitedoggers. I coached high school football for about 15 years also coached junior college ball for 4 years. During that time I was on another team the US Navy F/A-18 aircraft program. When working at MCAS Miramar, I started work at 5:30 AM. When at NAS North Island, I started work at 6:00 AM. Overtime hours were pre shift. I was a walk on stipend employee at those schools. Nation wide many football coaches are walkons. Many very qualified persons do not coach because their jobs interfere with practice schedules. There are more females teaching in the high schools therefore less men in the coaching pool.

Coach34
01-27-2021, 09:27 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if Herbert Davis was making 6 figures at MRA. Kudos to him if so- he is a great dude and enjoyed coaching against him back in the day.

Brandon HS is taking a helluva chance pushing out a good staff
It’s hard not to win at Madison- so anybody they hire will do pretty well
Check out Natchez this Fall- our offense has 4 potential D-1’s on it

Hailstate

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-27-2021, 09:47 PM
Coach34 to madison central!!

viverlibre
01-27-2021, 10:12 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if Herbert Davis was making 6 figures at MRA. Kudos to him if so- he is a great dude and enjoyed coaching against him back in the day.

It?s hard not to win at Madison- so anybody they hire will do pretty well
Check out Natchez this Fall- our offense has 4 potential D-1?s on it

Hailstate

I figured big time high school choices (including MRA, JA, JP) would make in the 6 figure range. If not making that much, they are woefully underpaid for the time they put in and aggregation they deal with. I'm not talking about the coaches at Tri County or Booneville High School, but the few big time programs/coaches. I'm not basing that on any type of inside knowledge, just assumptions.

Harrydawg
01-27-2021, 10:12 PM
Go look up Herbert?s resume. He doesn?t stay anywhere for very long. However, with his recent health issues, he may not be so inclined to shop around.

Helluva guy and coach though. Ten years ago, I never would?ve thought that MRA would overtake Prep and JA. He?s built a great program.

With all due respect to Herbert Davis who is a great guy and coach, to say he built the program is not exactly correct.....right place, right time, right guy. JA and Prep have challenges in location and Hartsfield has hurt both of them

preachermatt83
01-28-2021, 12:08 AM
Coach34 to madison central!!

If Devin leaves Scott Central I’d love for Wool to get the SC job. Or Tyler Peterson for that matter

basedog
01-28-2021, 09:38 AM

It’s hard not to win at Madison- so anybody they hire will do pretty well
Check out Natchez this Fall- our offense has 4 potential D-1’s on it

Hailstate

Natchez is where i grew up. Boy has it changed. Good luck in football. Btw when I graduated it was Natchez Rebels.

Johnson85
01-28-2021, 09:54 AM
I figured big time high school choices (including MRA, JA, JP) would make in the 6 figure range. If not making that much, they are woefully underpaid for the time they put in and aggregation they deal with. I'm not talking about the coaches at Tri County or Booneville High School, but the few big time programs/coaches. I'm not basing that on any type of inside knowledge, just assumptions.

I can tell you that ten years ago outside of Jackson, good coaches that were also taking on an administrative role like athletic director would have been lucky to get over $80k, and even that might have required boosters stepping in to agree to supplement the pay. And that would have been at "big" private schools. Not talking about A or AA schools. No clue what they got. So maybe coaches taking on administrator roles at the Jackson schools were getting close to six figures then; doubt the pay difference was quite 20% though unless it was for a coach that boosters just loved and agreed to fund a pay package for.

Lance Harbor
01-28-2021, 10:56 AM
Same. Natchez is barely hanging on. My alma mater closed a few years ago.

Natchez is where i grew up. Boy has it changed. Good luck in football. Btw when I graduated it was Natchez Rebels.

TDawg52
01-28-2021, 01:45 PM
Hart is just retiring from public school.... stay tuned...😉

Patrick Tibbons
01-28-2021, 06:19 PM
Hart is just retiring from public school.... stay tuned...😉

Rumor going around is that Brookhaven Academy has hired him.

Fader21
01-28-2021, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hart is named HC at BA. (Wink wink)

Coach34
01-28-2021, 08:33 PM

Natchez is building a new state of the art HS. They have broken ground and are at work each day. Closing all the Jr High's and putting them at the old HS. Football is getting a brand new Fieldhouse. Lots of excitement in Natchez right now

Patrick Tibbons
01-28-2021, 10:13 PM
Natchez is building a new state of the art HS. They have broken ground and are at work each day. Closing all the Jr High's and putting them at the old HS. Football is getting a brand new Fieldhouse. Lots of excitement in Natchez right now

All of that going on, and in the back of your head you know that David King may come in and snag a few of your players.

Coach34
01-28-2021, 10:21 PM
All of that going on, and in the back of your head you know that David King may come in and snag a few of your players.

I have no idea who David King is. Who is he?

Patrick Tibbons
01-29-2021, 08:14 AM
I have no idea who David King is. Who is he?

You can pretend that you don?t know who he is. Anyone that has been involved in high school football in or around Natchez for more than 5 minutes knows who he is.

However, you may want to ask around because I guarantee your players know who is as well every coach in Adams County, Wilkinson County, Franklin County, Jefferson County, and Vidalia.

He hasn?t won 6 state championships by hoping his teams would be talented.

Coach34
01-29-2021, 01:58 PM
ok- I'll ask around to find out who he is

Lance Harbor
01-29-2021, 07:36 PM
This.

And the only thing exciting going on in Natchez is Covid.

You can pretend that you don?t know who he is. Anyone that has been involved in high school football in or around Natchez for more than 5 minutes knows who he is.

However, you may want to ask around because I guarantee your players know who is as well every coach in Adams County, Wilkinson County, Franklin County, Jefferson County, and Vidalia.

He hasn?t won 6 state championships by hoping his teams would be talented.

Fader21
01-29-2021, 08:53 PM
Petal is now open too

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-29-2021, 08:56 PM
Going to be a domino effect in the state

confucius say
01-29-2021, 09:12 PM
Where is petal coach going?

Fader21
01-29-2021, 09:16 PM
Where is petal coach going?