PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to slight risk.

starkvegasdawg
01-25-2021, 03:28 PM
NE Mississippi now under a slight risk for severe weather this evening. Tornadoes and wind are the threats. I originally said this would not be a big storm, but the latest hi-res soundings are trying to paint at least a somewhat decent tornado threat. It will also be after dark. Still not a major deal but something to keep in the back of your mind.

RocketDawg
01-25-2021, 07:08 PM
Tornado watch just issued for practically everybody in Mississippi, NW quadrant of Alabama, and much of Tennessee.

TUSK
01-25-2021, 09:36 PM
Pretty nasty in my neck of the woods....

YSWIDT?

parabrave
01-25-2021, 10:04 PM
Line is getting better defined around Madison to VKS

parabrave
01-25-2021, 10:09 PM

YSWIDT?

Thats a nice cell over you. More on the way looks like you will be getting trained for a few hours.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2021, 10:10 PM

YSWIDT?

Stay safe Tusk.

parabrave
01-25-2021, 10:16 PM
Stay safe Tusk.

God help him if his hand crank generator breaks.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2021, 10:18 PM
God help him if his hand crank generator breaks.

Hahahahaha!

starkvegasdawg
01-25-2021, 10:30 PM
Thought I was going to have a shot at seeing one tonight. It really tightened up a couple miles ahead of me between Macon and Brooksville, but just quite get over the hump. Still felt good to be in a tornado warned storm again.

parabrave
01-25-2021, 10:38 PM
Thought I was going to have a shot at seeing one tonight. It really tightened up a couple miles ahead of me between Macon and Brooksville, but just quite get over the hump. Still felt good to be in a tornado warned storm again.

Well Macon is in store for a nice cell And one SE of Koscisko headed to the real south Philly

TUSK
01-25-2021, 11:13 PM
Thats a nice cell over you. More on the way looks like you will be getting trained for a few hours.

Yep.... gettin' hammered, again...

Glad I got those extree anchors for muh "house".....

Commercecomet24
01-25-2021, 11:16 PM
Yep.... gettin' hammered, again...

Glad I got those extree anchors for muh "house".....

Just stay in the bunker man!

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2021, 12:08 AM
Storm has now produced a confirmed tornado NE of Bham.

defiantdog
01-26-2021, 12:14 AM
Storm has now produced a confirmed tornado NE of Bham.
Fultondale got rocked.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2021, 12:24 AM
Fultondale got rocked.

That's what I'm hearing. Debris was lofted to 20,000 feet and fallout could be seen on radar. All indications are that this was a significant tornado. It was from the same storm I was on earlier. It finally was able to get its act together.

defiantdog
01-26-2021, 12:40 AM
That's what I'm hearing. Debris was lofted to 20,000 feet and fallout could be seen on radar. All indications are that this was a significant tornado. It was from the same storm I was on earlier. It finally was able to get its act together.
Yeah..... I'm hearing cars were thrown around and some houses fell like toothpicks. It's bad..... Gotta pray for those people there.

parabrave
01-26-2021, 12:43 AM
Dam any of y'all around Union? Big cell going through there.

defiantdog
01-26-2021, 12:54 AM
Dam any of y'all around Union? Big cell going through there.
That's headed for Demopolis..... That city always gets hitm.

RocketDawg
01-26-2021, 06:52 AM
One killed in Fultondale.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Last night is a prime example of how you don't need a moderate risk day to get severe weather. Just had one cycling supercell last night and it only produced one tornado, but that one tornado is all it took.

FISHDAWG
01-26-2021, 09:22 AM
And just like that I was awakened at 2am from a tornado warning here in Atlanta ... We always get the same weather here as what Starkville gets ... I swear I'm gonna turn off those weather alarm notifications

RocketDawg
01-27-2021, 09:59 PM
The tornado north of Birmingham was rated an EF-3 and did a lot of damage. That must be a record strength tornado for January.

I remember a few years ago, we had sort of a novelty tornado here in January, and it was the first ever recorded for the month. I think it was an EF-0 and even though it lasted for several miles it did very little damage.

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2021, 11:03 PM
The tornado north of Birmingham was rated an EF-3 and did a lot of damage. That must be a record strength tornado for January.

I remember a few years ago, we had sort of a novelty tornado here in January, and it was the first ever recorded for the month. I think it was an EF-0 and even though it lasted for several miles it did very little damage.

Tornadoes in the south are actually somewhat common in January. I saw the numbers but don't have them in front of me. Not an every year or every other year by any means but they do happen. Had another one today in Florida. Some of our strongest tornadoes have happened in the second severe weather season which is November into January.

On a side note, keep an eye on late next week. Models are showing a massive storm system moving into the area. Right now it looks like it may be moisture starved, but if it slows down and allows the Gulf to open up for business then all bets are off. If we got this same type system in April it would be a holy shit level event.