PDA

View Full Version : We will get to see what our baseball team is made of very quickly

mparkerfd20
01-21-2021, 02:38 PM
We open the season with games against 9 Texas, 10 TCU, and 3 Texas Tech. While very early in the season, a good showing could propel us into having high confidence in postseason aspirations.

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/baseball/msu-bsb-opening-weekend-12121

StarkVegasSteve
01-21-2021, 02:46 PM
Just ordered my tickets for the weekend. Going to be a great weekend of baseball and probably a preview of Omaha. I'd expect at least 4 of these teams to be in TD Ameritrade on June 17.

Also: This the first time we've played Texas since '85 and Gene Morgan. Payback is long overdue.

Buddy
01-21-2021, 02:59 PM
Ordered my tickets also. If anyone is seriously thinking of going, you better get your tickets today. With 6 teams that are all in the top 15 in average home attendance and only 14,000 tickets being available due to social distancing requirements, the ticket allotment will likely sell out quickly. If tickets were split evenly among teams (and they aren't) that would only leave about 2,000 tickets per fan base. They won't last long.

Another thing.... they aren't selling individual game tickets... you have to buy a ticket for the entire day (or entire tournament) and seats are GA (First come, first served). With us having the early game each day, we can claim the great seats and occupy them for all 3 games if we wish as the stadium will not be emptied between games.

Saltydog
01-21-2021, 03:02 PM
Just ordered my tickets for the weekend. Going to be a great weekend of baseball and probably a preview of Omaha. I'd expect at least 4 of these teams to be in TD Ameritrade on June 17.

Also: This the first time we've played Texas since '85 and Gene Morgan. Payback is long overdue.

We could beat them 100-0 and it still wouldn't be enough payback as far as I'm concerned. That and Thigpen giving up the homer to Greg Ellena still haunt MSU fans til this day.

StarkVegasSteve
01-21-2021, 03:07 PM
Ordered my tickets also. If anyone is seriously thinking of going, you better get your tickets today. With 6 teams that are all in the top 15 in average home attendance and only 14,000 tickets being available due to social distancing requirements, the ticket allotment will likely sell out quickly. If tickets were split evenly among teams (and they aren't) that would only leave about 2,000 tickets per fan base. They won't last long.

Another thing.... they aren't selling individual game tickets... you have to buy a ticket for the entire day (or entire tournament) and seats are GA (First come, first served). With us having the early game each day, we can claim the great seats and occupy them for all 3 games if we wish as the stadium will not be emptied between games.

This is correct. I actually was a little concerned at first. I was trying to get one at about 1:05 and couldn't get through. I was honestly worried they were already sold out. You could easily sell it out just between us, OM, and Arky. Add in 3 Texas teams and it'll be great crowds every day.

Doc
01-21-2021, 07:08 PM
What are the best hotel options? Where is team staying?

baddmann
01-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Not sure about the team, but we are staying at Live! By Loews. It?s across the street from the stadium.

https://www.loewshotels.com/live-by-loews-arlington-texas

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2021, 09:28 PM
We could lose all 3 and go to Omaha.
That said I will not miss that Texas game unless someone is bleeding

Cowbell
01-21-2021, 09:37 PM
Just got my tickets tonight. I will be surprised if they still have tickets available next week with locals just now realizing tickets are on sale.

Rawdawg
01-21-2021, 10:21 PM
What are the best hotel options? Where is team staying?

The Doubletree DFW South

Harrydawg
01-21-2021, 11:07 PM
I have been trying to order tickets for an hour.....keeps jamming up

Mobile Bay
01-22-2021, 12:08 AM

Speaking of payback, I wonder if Leach is going. Texas Tech still owes him millions.

Homedawg
01-22-2021, 12:33 PM
Speaking of payback, I wonder if Leach is going. Texas Tech still owes him millions.

The only way he attends is if they move the games to Key West, and even then he wouldn't go.

KOdawg1
01-22-2021, 12:56 PM
3-0...

ZedFedder
01-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Any live stream or TV options for the weekend?

Saltydog
01-22-2021, 07:51 PM
I've been trying to find out the same thing. All 3 games at 11:00 AM. That sucks.

Buddy
01-22-2021, 08:29 PM
Any live stream or TV options for the weekend?

You?ll have to watch on the FloSports app or online. It?s subscription based.

Cowbell
01-22-2021, 10:27 PM
3-0...

Lot of rust to shake off for all the teams

Cowbell
01-22-2021, 10:27 PM
The only way he attends is if they move the games to Key West, and even then he wouldn't go.

Is he already at his summer home?

Todd4State
01-22-2021, 10:43 PM
The Doubletree DFW South

And if this was the minors it would be the Days Inn if they are lucky.

Buddy
01-23-2021, 04:32 PM
Just got my tickets tonight. I will be surprised if they still have tickets available next week with locals just now realizing tickets are on sale.

Tournament tickets are now SOLD OUT according to the website. Daily passes are still available.