PDA

View Full Version : We have to hire a special teams coach

deltadawg99
11-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Blocked field goal
Blocked punt
30 yard punt
KO return for TD (even though it was moved back the 10)

All of the above plays were very costly tonight. Special teams problems aren't a new thing nor have they ever been fixed.

2 point conversion calls have to improve as well.

dparker
11-10-2013, 06:00 PM
This can't be said enough.

Big4Dawg
11-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Don't forget the roughing the kicker. Not sure if they scored on that drive or not.

mparkerfd20
11-10-2013, 06:30 PM
They did not. We got the INT

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Don't forget the roughing the kicker. Not sure if they scored on that drive or not.

Very true, but we actually benefited from that because Love intercepted a pass a few plays later and we got better field position than the punt would've given us.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2013, 07:05 PM

I don't really have a problem with that one. Don't like that it happen but it was a mistake of agression and I can accept those.

Bass Chaser
11-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Didn't we have kick off coverage issues last year? This seems like a common issue from year to year.

Corey♥DemDawgs
11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Absolutely support this thread, shit is ridiculous to watch.

TopDog58
11-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Blocked field goal
Blocked punt
30 yard punt
KO return for TD (even though it was moved back the 10)

All of the above plays were very costly tonight. Special teams problems aren't a new thing nor have they ever been fixed.

2 point conversion calls have to improve as well.

Or we could just get rid of the problem with all phases of the game and hire a real coach, named HUD.

Homedawg
11-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Or we could just get rid of the problem with all phases of the game and hire a real coach, named HUD.

I ask this question not because I'm anti HUD or because I'm pro Mullen, im not either one, but what is acceptable for HUD as your next head coach? 8 wins a year minimum? 8 on avg every 4? 9 per year or avg? 10? Or is it one signature win per 4 years and losses to patsies are ok if that happens? What? I really would love to hear this honestly.

preachermatt83
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I ask this question not because I'm anti HUD or because I'm pro Mullen, im not either one, but what is acceptable for HUD as your next head coach? 8 wins a year minimum? 8 on avg every 4? 9 per year or avg? 10? Or is it one signature win per 4 years and losses to patsies are ok if that happens? What? I really would love to hear this honestly.

well for starters win the games your supposed to win (dan does that)... convincingly (dan doesn't always do this see bowling green game).... and win a few along the way that your not favored to win ( Dan NEVER does) ... That is just my view.. Having said that I believe next year dan would win 7 games max but I could see 9 with Hud. Again, just my two pennies worth.