PDA

View Full Version : Starkville Renovations?

engie
04-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Musta done a whole lotta building since I was last up there about a month ago! From Stricklin's twitter(via AdidasUSA--who I'm guessing is in town looking to renegotiate the uniform contract which ends next year)...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIJtsOfCMAA1cZI.jpg:large

Political Hack
04-18-2013, 01:21 PM
pretty cool, but wouldve been better in front of the LFL.

biscuit
04-18-2013, 01:38 PM
That's sweet. I want a poster. How do I get one?

War Machine Dawg
04-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Please God, let us ditch Adidas for Nike or Under Armour. They've been better than Russell, but that ain't exactly something to brag about. Giving us and aTm the same uniforms was bullshit.

Homedawg
04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Please God, let us ditch Adidas for Nike or Under Armour. They've been better than Russell, but that ain't exactly something to brag about. Giving us and aTm the same uniforms was bullshit.

Barring something changing big time we will be in adidas for a while. Plus Nike has the Rebels that's enough in this state for them. Id rather stay w adidas than be second fiddle to the Rebs w Nike.

engie
04-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Adidas is going to have to PAY to keep us this time. We got raped in the last negotiation because Byrne had bigger fish to fry. At this point, I'd expect them to AT LEAST match the deal OM got with Nike.

Pictures leaked awhile back of the stadium renovation with UA banners hanging. The athletics dept changed it quickly, but I found it pretty interesting...

Todd4State
04-18-2013, 04:24 PM
When did Carlos Beltran play for MSU?

Homedawg
04-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Adidas is going to have to PAY to keep us this time. We got raped in the last negotiation because Byrne had bigger fish to fry. At this point, I'd expect them to AT LEAST match the deal OM got with Nike.

Pictures leaked awhile back of the stadium renovation with UA banners hanging. The athletics dept changed it quickly, but I found it pretty interesting...
I agree they need to match. However, the two deals aren't near as far off as the clarion ledger tried to make it seem. These aren't exact numbers but u get the point, ole miss got 1.3 mil from Nike in product at RETAIL. We got 400k in product at COST. Now that doesn't match their deal but it isn't as it looks if u just look at cash figures. I agree engie, Strick will improve our deal but we will still be w Adidas.

engie
04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
OM's deal is worth over $2 mil/yr now...

http://sports.yahoo.com/olemiss/blog/rebels/post/more-details-on-ole-miss-partnership-extension-with-nike?urn=college,wp288

It's my understanding that we come out of pocket for a couple hundred K every year. That can NOT happen in the renegotiation... NVM how much better our positioning is from a bargaining standpoint, as we are no longer coming off the Croom error...

Homedawg
04-18-2013, 10:00 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/olemiss/blog/rebels/post/more-details-on-ole-miss-partnership-extension-with-nike?urn=college,wp288

It's my understanding that we come out of pocket for a couple hundred K every year. That can NOT happen in the renegotiation... NVM how much better our positioning is from a bargaining standpoint, as we are no longer coming off the Croom error...

The numbers I used, while not exact, were before olemiss got their new deal. So using the same ways to account as before, we would have to get a million to equal ole miss' deal. Don't know if we are going to get that big of a jump but it will be at least double what we were getting before. So that's not too far off.

Homedawg
04-18-2013, 10:02 PM

Also remember it costs a lot to put every single athlete, coach and staffer in a product. By I'm with you needs to be "on the house" as said in goodfellas!

biscuit
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't think Adidas is that bad, we just need to come up with a football uniform that actually looks SEC not CUSA.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-19-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think Adidas is that bad, we just need to come up with a football uniform that actually looks SEC not CUSA.

Really need to get rid of all the stripes and other goofy shit on the football uniforms.