PDA

View Full Version : De'Runnya Wilson

Radddawg
11-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Really proud of the way this true freshman played tonight. Several of our WRs grew up on that field in College Station today. I had a discussion with my Rebel Black Bear friend earlier and we both agreed that Laquon Treadwell is probably more SEC ready than Wilson right now but that could change over the next few years. Treadwell is a 3 and done type player but don't be surprised if Wilson is one of the best in the country by the fall of 2016.

:cool:

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Bear needs 10 targets a game. Feed the Bear!!

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 08:19 PM
He is special

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Best freshman WR we've had in a LONG time. Upside is tremendous.

Dallas_Dawg
11-09-2013, 08:21 PM
He is the closest thing we have to a Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey type talent. Hopefully he will develop like the aforementioned superstars

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 08:31 PM
He is the closest thing we have to a Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey type talent. Hopefully he will develop like the aforementioned superstars

I'm not sure who he reminds me of but if Dak and him can develop chemistry on the back shoulder pass/catch DeRunnya will be unguardable. Then if they can turn that into a double move he will burn the defense for a TD every single time. Man what a find he is!

Jack Lambert
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Over the last 20 years we have had a few Jackson Highschool guys and most of them turned out to be pretty good. Isn't he out of Jim Hill?

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Over the last 20 years we have had a few Jackson Highschool guys and most of them turned out to be pretty good. Isn't he out of Jim Hill?

Yea I say we sign another one from that school this year. Wide Reciever U.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-09-2013, 08:37 PM

No. He's from somewhere in Alabama. Fred Brown is from Jim Hill

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Fred Brown looked damn good as well.

RougeDawg
11-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Fred Ross was impressive as well. Both of these guys, Dak, plus our young RB's give me some hope. We also have a plethora of young defensive players. All the reason why a coaching change would not hurt us this year. New guy will win right away and build the program further. The players are there, they just need leadership.

smootness
11-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Fred Ross and Fred Brown are not the same player.

RougeDawg
11-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Fred Ross and Fred Brown are not the same player.

My bad. Fred brown was impressive today but Ross is as well.

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Holloway had a TD if he hangs on to it too. We finally gave him a shot deep and he couldn't haul it in. He needs to keep running all out on that play next time.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:08 PM
We have 3 good young WR's in Wilson, Brown, and Ross...good day for Wilson's coming out party.

And Morrow finally got him a TD

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm putting Holloway in that group too even if I stand alone. He has elite speed. Much faster than the other 3.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm putting Holloway in that group too even if I stand alone. He has elite speed. Much faster than the other 3.

I want to believe this as well, but I think we saw today why he doesn't play much. Just a hunch, but his "ball skills" might not be quite up to par.

War Machine Dawg
11-09-2013, 11:21 PM
I want to believe this as well, but I think we saw today why he doesn't play much. Just a hunch, but his "ball skills" might not be quite up to par.

His "drop" (hard to call it a drop when it goes right through his hands without ever being touched) was one of the key missed plays in the game. It's a TD if he makes the catch.

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 11:41 PM

You can teach catching you can't teach his speed. He's a homerun waiting to happen on a straight fly route at any point in a game. How many drops is a 60 yard touchdown worth to you? You saw a drop but I saw a receiver that is so fast he had the defender beat by 5 steps.

War Machine Dawg
11-10-2013, 12:04 AM
You can teach catching you can't teach his speed. He's a homerun waiting to happen on a straight fly route at any point in a game. How many drops is a 60 yard touchdown worth to you? You saw a drop but I saw a receiver that is so fast he had the defender beat by 5 steps.

You can only teach catching up to a point. Soft hands and the ability to go grab anything near you is something you either have or you don't. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Mike Evans, etc. weren't taught to catch the ball as well as they do. It's instinctive. Julio Jones makes big plays, but he also struggles with the drops. No one argues that Holloway doesn't have elite speed, because he clearly does. The problem is that he doesn't have anywhere near elite hands as a WR. He can improve, but he'll never be a guy who is a reliable WR, either.

And you're only a "homerun waiting to happen" if you actually catch the damn ball.

Dawg61
11-10-2013, 12:15 AM
You can only teach catching up to a point. Soft hands and the ability to go grab anything near you is something you either have or you don't. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Mike Evans, etc. weren't taught to catch the ball as well as they do. It's instinctive. Julio Jones makes big plays, but he also struggles with the drops. No one argues that Holloway doesn't have elite speed, because he clearly does. The problem is that he doesn't have anywhere near elite hands as a WR. He can improve, but he'll never be a guy who is a reliable WR, either.

And you're only a "homerun waiting to happen" if you actually catch the damn ball.

True but his 5 step separation deserves more evidence that he can't catch. So again how many drops is a 60 yard touchdown worth? Idk but we all know he has elite speed. He's a freshman too so maybe he had some nerves or maybe he didn't expect Dak would actually throw it to him since he never does.

Todd4State
11-10-2013, 02:02 AM
I would use Holloway at running back- like a scat back and kick returner once Jameon graduates. I'm not real wild about him at WR.

Radddawg
11-10-2013, 07:38 AM

Wilson went to Wenonah High in Birmingham.

Bullmutt
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Wilson- Wenonah H. S.- B'ham. 2012 Mr. Basketball in Ala. Did not play fb until his jr. yr.

Dawg61
11-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Wilson- Wenonah H. S.- B'ham. 2012 Mr. Basketball in Ala. Did not play fb until his jr. yr.

He's probably good enough to start for the bball team

archdog
11-10-2013, 03:46 PM

And you're only a "homerun waiting to happen" if you actually catch the
damn ball.

I think you judge too early. Holloway will get it together. He's a freshman.

SignalToNoise
11-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I would use Holloway at running back- like a scat back and kick returner once Jameon graduates. I'm not real wild about him at WR.

My thoughts as well. Work him in at PR and KR more as it is.

chef dixon
11-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Don't care what you say about Holloway's "elite" speed. Yea he's fast, but the type of speed I like to see if what I saw our of Josh Robinson on that break away... no one was catching that guy. That's a situation in which Jameon Lewis has gotten run down. I think we are too quick to label quick guys with "elite" speed.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Didn't Jameon struggle to catch the ball early in his career? I know he struggled with fumbles.

Holloway still has time to get it together.