PDA

View Full Version : I'm kind of excited, but kind of pissed off too.

Thick
11-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Excited about our offense, JRob, DeRunnya, Dak, the Diamond formation, Jameon, and our line play on both sides of the ball. Our special teams were piss poor, our defensive back play was like Jekyll and Hyde, and in the last five minutes why were huddling instead of 2 minute drill?

We just look out of touch as a coaching staff way too much in my opinion. A side note, we should have run the ball down their throats with Dak, JRob, Shump, and Griffin.

civildawg
11-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I said this on sps but people shouldn't be happy about this game. There was some horrible play calls in this game. The 2 point conversion zone read with Russell was the worst play call I've ever seen.

We should play hard for 4 quarters EVERY game. It makes me mad that we get excited because we played for 4 quarters 1 game out of the year

Dawgface
11-09-2013, 08:16 PM
As we all know, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Overcome those problems, we might have another couple of wins.

cheewgumm
11-09-2013, 08:20 PM
It's totally amazing to me how easy our fans are to please. Not saying you Dawgface, but your post made me think of it.

With every loss comes "Yeah, but.....________" fill in with how things are gonna be.

As we all know, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Overcome those problems, we might have another couple of wins.

Thick
11-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I said this on sps but people shouldn't be happy about this game. There was some horrible play calls in this game. The 2 point conversion zone read with Russell was the worst play call I've ever seen.

We should play hard for 4 quarters EVERY game. It makes me mad that we get excited because we played for 4 quarters 1 game out of the year

Speaking of that 2 point conversion, why not have JRob or Shump run that play instead of Tyler? We have all of these RB options, but instead of running the wild formation, we run Tyler....no creativity, no imagination in certain situations.

Statecoachingblows**
11-09-2013, 08:22 PM
We continue to win or lose in SPUTE OF our coaching and that is scary

Coach34
11-09-2013, 08:24 PM
We played a team much better than us very well. This is something to build on.

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 08:26 PM
It's totally amazing to me how easy our fans are to please. Not saying you Dawgface, but your post made me think of it.

With every loss comes "Yeah, but.....________" fill in with how things are gonna be.

Sad part is its really something different every week. Last week it was turnovers, this week it was terrible special teams play and poor play in the secondary. Other games its been penalties or other factors. Is it even POSSIBLE under Mullen to play a complete game???

cheewgumm
11-09-2013, 08:30 PM
It doesn't matter. Our fans are happy to barely lose. We'll be talkikng about this in 3 yrs again. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Mullen is staying. Our AD won't wnat to make a tough call and will side wiht the "Yeah, but we played X pretty well, and we're building." then the schedule and all next year. We got a good 3 more years of 13th place recruiting, 5th place finishes, and fighting for Music City bowls to go through.

Mediocrity is sad. But damn, some people feel comfortable in it like a warm blanket. About half or more of our fans are there sadly.

Sad part is its really something different every week. Last week it was turnovers, this week it was terrible special teams play and poor play in the secondary. Other games its been penalties or other factors. Is it even POSSIBLE under Mullen to play a complete game???

starkvegasdawg
11-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Agree. Our secondary looked bad but when JFF can extend a play as long as he can then wr's will come open. Deion sanders couldn't cover anyone that long. We got some pressure in this game a little more often this game. Glad to see that. I think this game turned on the blocked punt and the td right before half. That is a nine point swing. That is what cost us the game in my opinion. My biggest positive from the game is they never quit. They kept fighting and looked line they cared. First time this season I know but that effort the rest of the way will win us two more ball games.

Dawgface
11-09-2013, 08:44 PM
It doesn't matter. Our fans are happy to barely lose. We'll be talkikng about this in 3 yrs again. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Mullen is staying. Our AD won't wnat to make a tough call and will side wiht the "Yeah, but we played X pretty well, and we're building." then the schedule and all next year. We got a good 3 more years of 13th place recruiting, 5th place finishes, and fighting for Music City bowls to go through.

Mediocrity is sad. But damn, some people feel comfortable in it like a warm blanket. About half or more of our fans are there sadly.

I don't see how you pull that out of my post. Never said anything about being happy.

RougeDawg
11-09-2013, 08:46 PM

You are wrong. They are not that much better than us. The main difference in them and us is those wearing headsets. Team talent is just about equal for both teams. We are just doing less with more under our current staff. Maybe you see how much Mullen is holding us back someday.

cheewgumm
11-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm not talking about you.

I don't see how you pull that out of my post. Never said anything about being happy.

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 08:56 PM
You are wrong. They are not that much better than us. The main difference in them and us is those wearing headsets. Team talent is just about equal for both teams. We are just doing less with more under our current staff. Maybe you see how much Mullen is holding us back someday.

I think you are probably correct. I think with the round robin between A&M, Auburn and MSU you can say that all 3 teams are reasonably close in personnel. Its really the little things like Special teams or inopportune turnovers, penalties or blown defensive assignments that made the difference in us being to win either of those 2 games.

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Of course there is the kid that won the hiesman last year....There's that.

starkvegasdawg
11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Stats from the game:

MSST TA&M
1st Downs 30 29
Total Yards 556 537
Passing 257 446
Rushing 299 91
Penalties 4-40 10-105
3rd Down Conversions 4-13 6-13
4th Down Conversions 1-2 0-0
Turnovers 1 3
Possession 34:52 25:08

DanDority
11-09-2013, 09:08 PM
It doesn't matter. Our fans are happy to barely lose. We'll be talkikng about this in 3 yrs again.

Yep! Yet another maroon's moral victory!

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:13 PM

Look, I like you- but I am in no way wrong. Those mf'ers have 4 and 5-star players all over the damn place. They have the best QB and best WR in college football. They have 3 future NFL linemen on their OL. I'm not sure they even played a 3-star WR today against us.

Mullen did a good job just keeping us in the game

RiverCityDawg
11-09-2013, 09:21 PM

I have questions about Mullen too, but this is just silly. Manziel is the reigning heisman trophy winner and would win it again probably if not for the off field bs. Evans is better than any receiver we've ever had. Sure their D is weak, but those two guys and the supporting cast on O way outweigh anything we have.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2013, 09:24 PM

Our qb and WR are not quite where Jf and Evans are.

engie
11-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Look, I like you- but I am in no way wrong. Those mf'ers have 4 and 5-star players all over the damn place. They have the best QB and best WR in college football. They have 3 future NFL linemen on their OL. I'm not sure they even played a 3-star WR today against us.

The NEW Moral Victory U**

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I have questions about Mullen too, but this is just silly. Manziel is the reigning heisman trophy winner and would win it again probably if not for the off field bs. Evans is better than any receiver we've ever had. Sure their D is weak, but those two guys and the supporting cast on O way outweigh anything we have.

Eric Moulds disagrees with your Evans opinion.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM

It's not about stars though...it's about what they look like on the field, right?

archdog
11-09-2013, 10:15 PM
I am only going to add, I liked how the team played.
We had a shot to win it. Gave up some plays, but we competed like we should every game.
My only comment that is negative about this game it would be that nickoe is always out of position or two seconds late on almost every big play. Bad angles and terrible open field tackling by our senior safety. I love the guy but we need a charles Mitchell back there.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 10:35 PM

Our defensive line dominated those 1st rounders ass today.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Our defensive line dominated those 1st rounders ass today.
we have 4,5 stars on our dline. Chris Jones was the most talented lineman on either team, o or d.