PDA

View Full Version : Pruitt Out?

BrunswickDawg
01-18-2021, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1351212886262222862?s=21

It could always be worse - we could have someone like Phat Phil running the show....

KOdawg1
01-18-2021, 12:20 PM
Pruitt, Morris, and Moorhead were the final 3 for our job back when Dan left. All 3 have now been fired. Another mark against Cohen's judgement.

Coach34
01-18-2021, 12:21 PM
And looks like Tenn will get out of having to pay his buyout.

ScottH
01-18-2021, 12:22 PM
In an odd way I want Freeze to get this job..

Dogbone
01-18-2021, 12:26 PM
Fulmer out too?

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-18-2021, 12:27 PM
Can Tennessee hire Freeze after firing Pruitt with cause for violations?

TrapGame
01-18-2021, 12:44 PM

Yeah, those Florida v. Tennessee games would be fun to watch.

msbulldog
01-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Fulmer out too?

247 Tenn. says so.

StarkVegasSteve
01-18-2021, 01:32 PM
Let the Grumors begin pt. 3

PGHBulldogBG
01-18-2021, 01:44 PM
Tennessee at this point needs to clean the whole house in athletics out except for Barnes. It?s crazy how a program has fallen as bad as Tennessee. Fulmer has created a big mess.

The Federalist Engineer
01-18-2021, 02:30 PM
Pruitt, Morris, and Moorhead were the final 3 for our job back when Dan left. All 3 have now been fired. Another mark against Cohen's judgement.

That is quite innovative for performance evaluation. Seriously.

Always ask employees for their 2nd and 3rd option on their high-stakes decisions. It will show you if they are systematically bad or just unlucky.

Business Decision Science should further develop the KOdawg1 method. Best thing I have seen since Daniel Khaneman

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2021, 03:26 PM

To be fair, they were all predicted to be winners by the media but that is a tough fact to handle.

PGHBulldogBG
01-18-2021, 03:39 PM
To be fair, they were all predicted to be winners by the media but that is a tough fact to handle.

Yet Neal Brown is looking like the biggest winner as he turns WVU around. The man who was in our backyard and not considered by our wonderful AD listening the ?media?

KOdawg1
01-18-2021, 03:48 PM
And also to be fair, his first choice was Ryan Day, but he knew he was getting the OSU job so he turned it down. So Day would have been a good choice. These other 3 champs however, were not.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2021, 04:05 PM
And also to be fair, his first choice was Ryan Day, but he knew he was getting the OSU job so he turned it down. So Day would have been a good choice. These other 3 champs however, were not.

I aint sold Day would win here

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Yet Neal Brown is looking like the biggest winner as he turns WVU around. The man who was in our backyard and not considered by our wonderful AD listening the ?media?

He would have been better than Moorhead sure but he aint better than Leach. My opinion

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Arnett to....

confucius say
01-18-2021, 04:21 PM

Brown is not even above .500 at west va. He's not been anything special there.

And he had nothing to turn around. He took over a team coming off an 8-4 season whose previous three years were 7-6, 10-3, and 8-5. W Va has gotten worse under brown.

Todd4State
01-18-2021, 04:24 PM

Won't happen if they're under investigation. Now he might be the guy after the guy there.

NCDawg
01-18-2021, 04:29 PM

I agree. Neal Brown would have been better than any of those 3.

Ari Gold
01-18-2021, 06:28 PM

Turns around West Virginia ?? I’m thinking the Mountaineer fans my disagree with you on that one..

RougeDawg
01-18-2021, 08:38 PM
Tennessee at this point needs to clean the whole house in athletics out except for Barnes. It?s crazy how a program has fallen as bad as Tennessee. Fulmer has created a big mess.

IMO the downward trend of the Tennessee football program was due to a few reasons, mainly the uptick in recruiting services/sites. Tennessee used to routinely go outside of their footprint for players. Tennessee does not have a historically talented high school base crop of players. These recruiting sites exposed the players to more people, that Tennessee used to get. And the fan base is stuck in the 90?s.

Couple that in with the facility gap being narrowed over the last 20 years. Tennessee does not appeal to these kids like it used to and they are getting courted by many more programs now, than in the past.

PGHBulldogBG
01-18-2021, 10:02 PM
Brown is not even above .500 at west va. He's not been anything special there.

And he had nothing to turn around. He took over a team coming off an 8-4 season whose previous three years were 7-6, 10-3, and 8-5. W Va has gotten worse under brown.

I live 20 minutes from Morgantown and know their program well. Holgerson stopped recruiting and gave up at the end. Brown had to kick off half the team because of how bad it was. He was picked to win 2 games in his first year and won 5. This year picked to win 3 per FPI and won 6. He is a good coach winning with nothing. In a year or two they will be competing for the big 12.

PGHBulldogBG
01-18-2021, 10:04 PM
Turns around West Virginia ?? I’m thinking the Mountaineer fans my disagree with you on that one..

They all wanted Holgerson fired and actually they all love Brown. He is getting the most out of the talent available. If anyone things Moorhead, Pruitt or Morris was a better hire then I have no words.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2021, 10:19 PM
IMO the downward trend of the Tennessee football program was due to a few reasons, mainly the uptick in recruiting services/sites. Tennessee used to routinely go outside of their footprint for players. Tennessee does not have a historically talented high school base crop of players. These recruiting sites exposed the players to more people, that Tennessee used to get. And the fan base is stuck in the 90?s.

Couple that in with the facility gap being narrowed over the last 20 years. Tennessee does not appeal to these kids like it used to and they are getting courted by many more programs now, than in the past.

This year is loaded in TN. I think the whole TN has no talent deal is a myth just like MS HS offenses cant throw the ball

TUSK
01-19-2021, 05:39 AM

Facts.
https://media2.giphy.com/media/1YLcZOlQTKRmo/200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474s9xsmx4czxcsya0tum4cxblx3sa mmuxc4sel6vf&rid=200w.webp