PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees

Cooterpoot
01-17-2021, 07:36 PM
His arm is completely gone. Everything he's thrown tonight has floated.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2021, 07:46 PM
Yep. Reminds me of Manning at the end

Cooterpoot
01-17-2021, 08:11 PM
Saints look bad again. Been trending that way for awhile. They better get pressure on Brady.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2021, 08:13 PM
It makes me sad to watch...Would love for Drew to at least make the SB before retiring at the end of the season, but he's definitely given all he has to give.

But....just imagine Dak in this offense.....talking about cookin' with gas. Holy. Hell.

[here comes MsState7 to tell me how the Saint's are basically forced to balance their cap with EBT cards and i.o.u.'s...**

Commercecomet24
01-17-2021, 08:17 PM
Saints look bad again. Been trending that way for awhile. They better get pressure on Brady.

Yep, Brady startling to figure em out and if they don't pressure him he'll light em up. Should've had a td to Godwin

Cooterpoot
01-17-2021, 08:18 PM
I don't know that Dak fits it. He doesn't get the ball out quick enough for this. Wouldn't mind seeing him try it though. I wonder if Payton hangs around long after Brees.

RocketDawg
01-17-2021, 09:31 PM
That interception may have just sealed the deal. Only 7 minutes left to go.

defiantdog
01-17-2021, 09:34 PM
Sorry Msstate..... your boys are gonna have to rebuild some of that offense when Drew retires.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2021, 09:41 PM
The only throws Brees can make are short throws to the middle. Any out routes have no chance

defiantdog
01-17-2021, 09:43 PM
The only throws Brees can make are short throws to the middle. Any out routes have no chance

I think Cooks is pulling a Pete Rose..... that dude has fumbled and dropped everything towards him.

CaptainObvious
01-17-2021, 09:43 PM
Oh No!! The Saints Suck aGAIN!!

Homedawg
01-17-2021, 09:47 PM
It makes me sad to watch...Would love for Drew to at least make the SB before retiring at the end of the season, but he's definitely given all he has to give.

But....just imagine Dak in this offense.....talking about cookin' with gas. Holy. Hell.

[here comes MsState7 to tell me how the Saint's are basically forced to balance their cap with EBT cards and i.o.u.'s...**

Well if you know he's gonna say it why mention it. Cause he's right.... first dak isn't a free agent, yet. And second they can't sign him. They are toast cap wise. So now I said it for him. Tired of reading how the saints need to sign him. It ain't happening

KOdawg1
01-17-2021, 09:47 PM
I'm not a Saints fan, but I feel bad for Drew.

Homedawg
01-17-2021, 09:49 PM
I'm not a Saints fan, but I feel bad for Drew.

Me either. But he's a classy guy and had one hell of a career. He's a first ballot hof guy. With a super bowl. Heck of a run.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-17-2021, 09:49 PM
If this is it, hell of a career Brees.

Cooterpoot
01-17-2021, 09:51 PM
Saints and Brees never recovered from that injury.

Turfdawg67
01-17-2021, 09:52 PM
I guess the Saints were just too "woke" to win... I mean, that's what we blame losses on now, right?!?

msstate7
01-17-2021, 10:22 PM
I love drew Brees, but it's time. Winston would've gave us a better shot today. You were great in your career, drew... now please, please go

BeardoMSU
01-17-2021, 11:20 PM
Well if you know he's gonna say it why mention it. Cause he's right.... first dak isn't a free agent, yet. And second they can't sign him. They are toast cap wise. So now I said it for him. Tired of reading how the saints need to sign him. It ain't happening

I was obviously being hopefully facetious, hence the "**". And I'm sure MsST7 recognizes that.

But thanks for the parenting.**(sarcasm, btw)

BeardoMSU
01-17-2021, 11:22 PM
I love drew Brees, but it's time. Winston would've gave us a better shot today. You were great in your career, drew... now please, please go

Agreed. Drew had no arm tonight.

parabrave
01-18-2021, 01:23 AM
Sorry Msstate..... your boys are gonna have to rebuild some of that offense when Drew retires.

Well we are losing the OC and some other coaches. We are also taking a cap penalty, dob;t remember how much, according to Bobby. Next year might be not that good. When i heard that we were missing Hill and Murray and the LB who started infront of Anzolone I knew we were in trouble. The Bucs were going to stop Karmona and makre Drew beat them. Deja' Vue from last years playoff loss.

msstate7
01-18-2021, 08:53 AM

Hopefully Thomas is back to being Thomas next season. I feel like his struggles are directly tied to that ankle he sprained week 1. AK is gonna be good at least a few more years. Sanders has been good... hopefully he has another good year in him. Right now, we need to get Ramczyk's deal done. If we keep Ram, the oline should still be top flight. I'd love to draft a wr late 1st if a good one is there. Maybe Sean goes with najee Harris. Harris, AK, and the saints oline would be formidable.

RougeDawg
01-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Brees? arm has been going for a few years. Can?t remember if last year or 2 years ago. Game against the Eagles. I was in the dome and Drew was putting everything he had into throws and they looked like changeups, compared to a couple years earlier. Not sure if he retires, but he will limited if he continues. Sucks.

Commercecomet24
01-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Brees? arm has been going for a few years. Can?t remember if last year or 2 years ago. Game against the Eagles. I was in the dome and Drew was putting everything he had into throws and they looked like changeups, compared to a couple years earlier. Not sure if he retires, but he will limited if he continues. Sucks.

Not a Saints fan but is always sad to see when the great ones can't do it physically anymore. Brees was a great one. I remember seeing Willie Mays at the end of his career misplaying fly balls and striking out on pitches he used to crush, it was sad.

"We’re all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children’s game, we just don’t know when that’s going to be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told."

Cooterpoot
01-18-2021, 02:06 PM
Hopefully Thomas is back to being Thomas next season. I feel like his struggles are directly tied to that ankle he sprained week 1. AK is gonna be good at least a few more years. Sanders has been good... hopefully he has another good year in him. Right now, we need to get Ramczyk's deal done. If we keep Ram, the oline should still be top flight. I'd love to draft a wr late 1st if a good one is there. Maybe Sean goes with najee Harris. Harris, AK, and the saints oline would be formidable.

Lots of talk today that Thomas is a locker room issue . Won't be surprised to see him traded. With cap problems, it would make sense if a team can handle the contract. This could be a bit of a rebuild on offense. We all know neither QB on the bench can get it done. Need another RB.

parabrave
01-18-2021, 02:27 PM
Lots of talk today that Thomas is a locker room issue . Won't be surprised to see him traded. With cap problems, it would make sense if a team can handle the contract. This could be a bit of a rebuild on offense. We all know neither QB on the bench can get it done. Need another RB.

Thomas got his money then wanted out of New Orleans.

msstate7
01-18-2021, 02:43 PM
Saints will take a really large cap hit if they trade Thomas.

msstate7
01-19-2021, 07:28 PM
Michael Thomas to have surgery

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/.amp/news/michael-thomas-surgery-deltoid-ligaments

Figured he was playing hurt. Saints seem to always have these huge injuries to key players in the playoffs. Last year it was rankins, Onyemata, and Kamara. This year it was Thomas, kwon Alexander, taysom, and Murray.

I know injuries are part of the game though

Todd4State
01-19-2021, 07:30 PM
Not a Saints fan but is always sad to see when the great ones can't do it physically anymore. Brees was a great one. I remember seeing Willie Mays at the end of his career misplaying fly balls and striking out on pitches he used to crush, it was sad.

"We’re all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children’s game, we just don’t know when that’s going to be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told."

Unless you are Julio Franco.**

Todd4State
01-19-2021, 07:30 PM

Didn't he get into a fight with one of the Saints players and get hurt?

msstate7
01-19-2021, 07:49 PM
Didn't he get into a fight with one of the Saints players and get hurt?

Nah, he got hurt game 1 in garbage time... thanks Sean Payton. Thomas did punch Gardner-Johnson, and Thomas got suspended by saints for that

Commercecomet24
01-19-2021, 08:16 PM
Unless you are Julio Franco.**

Or George Blanda for us old guys lol!

Todd4State
01-19-2021, 08:19 PM
Nah, he got hurt game 1 in garbage time... thanks Sean Payton. Thomas did punch Gardner-Johnson, and Thomas got suspended by saints for that

That's what I'm thinking about.

Todd4State
01-19-2021, 08:20 PM
Or George Blanda for us old guys lol!

There is always that one lone survivor every 50 years.

msstate7
01-19-2021, 08:28 PM
That's what I'm thinking about.

In Thomas' defense, Gardner-Johnson is a punk. His antics have caused 2 WRs to be thrown out of games this year. Gardner-Johnson wants to be called ceedy Duce... ceedy Duce! Only a douche would want to be called ceedy Duce. With all that said, Gardner-Johnson is a good player, and I'm thankful the saints have him haha

Commercecomet24
01-19-2021, 08:45 PM
There is always that one lone survivor every 50 years.

Yep, and Ol Julio Franco looked like a dang Mr Olympian at that age too. Guy was more ripped older than he was as a younger player and swung a 44 ounce bat. Smh

RocketDawg
01-19-2021, 09:21 PM
In Thomas' defense, Gardner-Johnson is a punk. His antics have caused 2 WRs to be thrown out of games this year. Gardner-Johnson wants to be called ceedy Duce... ceedy Duce! Only a douche would want to be called ceedy Duce. With all that said, Gardner-Johnson is a good player, and I'm thankful the saints have him haha

Does "ceedy Duce" have any meaning?

msstate7
01-19-2021, 09:38 PM
Does "ceedy Duce" have any meaning?

Who knows? I want no knowledge of the inner workings of Gardner Johnson

Todd4State
01-20-2021, 12:48 AM
Yep, and Ol Julio Franco looked like a dang Mr Olympian at that age too. Guy was more ripped older than he was as a younger player and swung a 44 ounce bat. Smh

That's probably because he was really like 10 when he signed with the Phillies instead of 16 that he no doubt lied about so he could get signed.

Todd4State
01-20-2021, 12:53 AM
I would love to see the Saints get Dak when he is available as a free agent. Get a bunch of weapons in the draft the next two years to go along with him and maybe trade Winston.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2021, 10:11 AM
That's probably because he was really like 10 when he signed with the Phillies instead of 16 that he no doubt lied about so he could get signed.

Good point.

msstate7
01-20-2021, 10:17 AM
Apparently Brees played with not only the 11 cracked ribs, but also a torn rotator cuff and torn fascia (foot)

Tbonewannabe
01-20-2021, 11:03 AM
Apparently Brees played with not only the 11 cracked ribs, but also a torn rotator cuff and torn fascia (foot)

Makes sense why he couldn't get any zip on the ball.

msstate7
01-20-2021, 11:06 AM
Makes sense why he couldn't get any zip on the ball.

Yeah, hate to see him go out struggling. I hope he goes ahead and ends it though. His body isn't holding up anymore. I don't want my last impression of drew as a broken old man.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-20-2021, 12:07 PM
I had the opportunity to be around State?s football team weekly years ago. I was surprised at how many guys play through some pretty serious injuries that would completely sideline most of us. They gutted it out. I always remember that when I see good players go through slumps. They may actually be injured and just playing through it

Cooterpoot
01-20-2021, 05:35 PM
Athletics destroy your body, regardless of sport. When I was helping kids, I told them by the end of season, you'll find out how much you love it, because you'll be in pain.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2021, 07:12 PM
Athletics destroy your body, regardless of sport. When I was helping kids, I told them by the end of season, you'll find out how much you love it, because you'll be in pain.

100% truth!