PDA

View Full Version : Women?s basketball team has no heart.

Thick
01-17-2021, 01:22 PM
They are lazy on the boards and the defensive end. Can?t shoot a lick from the outside unless Mathura is out there. She?s not afraid to play hard, and is instant offense. Rickea is not doing much of anything either.

KOdawg1
01-17-2021, 01:24 PM
They are lazy on the boards and the defensive end. Can?t shoot a lick from the outside unless Mathura is out there. She?s not afraid to play hard, and is instant offense. Rickea is not doing much of anything either.

But, but... *insert half ass excuse here*

I can forgive a lot of things. Laziness and lack of effort I cannot.

Thick
01-17-2021, 01:28 PM
Since I started this thread, the Lady Dawgs will now turn into a WNBA team and play lights out.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 01:29 PM
Our program is on life support right now.

I'll give the one excuse I hate that many give, give her time because she has to get "her" players in here. I don't even know what my players means. That is an overused coach speak excuse.

We got players. The Vic effect is gone now.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 01:36 PM
Has Rickea Jackson just lost her ability to dribble since last season?

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 01:40 PM
Jackson is full out mental at this point. M Taylor is our leading scorer and stepped up, what does that tell you.

We look like we have never practiced or played together. Coaching is really starting to show at this point.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 01:41 PM
Wow Taylor saving us

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 01:42 PM
Watching this is why I never watched WBB before Vic.

shoeless joe
01-17-2021, 01:42 PM
Has Rickea Jackson just lost her ability to dribble since last season?

She looks like she’s fallen into the trap of tryin to turn it on during games instead of goin all out every time on the court. Which leads me to assume that maximum effort isn’t demanded in practice...it’s obviously not demanded in games.

I could be wrong...but I’d bet I’m not

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 01:43 PM
Wiggins needs Jackson's minutes at this point.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 01:45 PM
Apparently the women have been practicing with the men on free throws.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 01:45 PM
Wow as bad as we've played down only 7. Incredible.

RocketDawg
01-17-2021, 01:46 PM
I'm watching the game delayed because of lunch - just finished the first quarter. We're on a 12-point pace for the game. Reminds me a lot of girls high school ....

Indndawg
01-17-2021, 01:46 PM

all that matters these daze.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 01:48 PM
Wow as bad as we've played down only 7. Incredible.

Well the women never seem to have a game where they play good defense and offense at the same time. Apparently they've decided to just play defense today.

Saltydog
01-17-2021, 01:51 PM
Being lazy is a direct reflection on the coach and the culture that's been created. Nothing more, nothing less.

jdelta02
01-17-2021, 01:51 PM
Halftime
Miss Stae 19
Texas A&M. 26

Myah Taylor 11 pts

RocketDawg
01-17-2021, 01:58 PM
Being lazy is a direct reflection on the coach and the culture that's been created. Nothing more, nothing less.

Such as - when they make absolutely no attempt to get an offensive rebound.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:01 PM

Seems to me the culture she wants is not favorable to competing and winning WBB. Hope she figures it out quick.

As much as she achieved as a player, she really hasn't achieved anything as a HC. This is basically the same as Moorhead coming in. Great OC but no HC. She achieved a lot as a player and assistant on other teams but nothing as a HC. Big difference.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:02 PM
Well the women never seem to have a game where they play good defense and offense at the same time. Apparently they've decided to just play defense today.

Partly, we didn't rebound.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:05 PM
That was such a pathetic charge call on Carter. They have to fix that call. 90% should be a block unless they are there for a long time with player control. That call has ruined the game like the targeting is ruining football.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:07 PM
Mingo Young is out of control all the time now, she wasn't early in year.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:09 PM
No effort, no rebounding.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:21 PM
Two times Jackson jogs down court as her man beats her to the layup. Until these things (not just one player) are handled, WBB will not win big anymore.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 02:22 PM
We couldn't beat a SWAC team right now. How far we've fallen.

ZedFedder
01-17-2021, 02:28 PM
It’s one thing to lose when you are bad like we did during Rick Ray’s years. He wasn’t a good coach, but the talent was so bad that there was no way we would win.

This is when it becomes frustrating. We have PLENTY of talent. I just can’t watch it. Vic grew this fan base like crazy for WBB, and now NMP is going to lose it in half a season. I’m done.

TimberBeast
01-17-2021, 02:34 PM
It’s one thing to lose when you are bad like we did during Rick Ray’s years. He wasn’t a good coach, but the talent was so bad that there was no way we would win.

This is when it becomes frustrating. We have PLENTY of talent. I just can’t watch it. Vic grew this fan base like crazy for WBB, and now NMP is going to lose it in half a season. I’m done.

Yep, it?s sad.

TALL DAWG
01-17-2021, 02:35 PM
It?s one thing to lose when you are bad like we did during Rick Ray?s years. He wasn?t a good coach, but the talent was so bad that there was no way we would win.

This is when it becomes frustrating. We have PLENTY of talent. I just can?t watch it. Vic grew this fan base like crazy for WBB, and now NMP is going to lose it in half a season. I?m done.

The sooner we swap out this head coach the better. We can do better.
I just don?t see this working out.

We were spoiled by Vic.
He was probably a SOB in practice which is what we need for SEC play.
No room for softness in SEC.

ZedFedder
01-17-2021, 02:38 PM
The sooner we swap out this head coach the better. We can do better.
I just don?t see this working out.

We were spoiled by Vic.
He was probably a SOB in practice which is what we need for SEC play.
No room for softness in SEC.

Yep. This will be just like Moorhead. It will be better if we go ahead and make the change now while our name still carries heavy weight and can get a good coach before we go back to the cellar. Clearly they do not fear nor respect NMP.

confucius say
01-17-2021, 02:41 PM
Yep. This will be just like Moorhead. It will be better if we go ahead and make the change now while our name still carries heavy weight and can get a good coach before we go back to the cellar. Clearly they do not fear nor respect NMP.

I'm sure that would cost way more than we are willing to spend. Not sure what her buyout is, but we aren't paying it after year 1. Year 2 either.

msstate7
01-17-2021, 02:41 PM
If this hire ends up bad, Cohen is gonna have to hire an agency to make hires.

Ari Gold
01-17-2021, 02:42 PM
Maybe Howland can coach the girls***

Ari Gold
01-17-2021, 02:45 PM
If this hire ends up bad, Cohen is gonna have to hire an agency to make hires.

IF?? It’s already a bad hire..
This roster was ready to win .. It may not have been a sweet 16 team. But it has veterans , and talent..
Straight up embarrassing

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 02:46 PM
Oh well, we had a good run but its over now. Thanks Vic.

Bothrops
01-17-2021, 02:46 PM
Wow this program is on it's way to being completely dismantled. It could happen very fast.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 02:47 PM
Has NMP gotten out her seat even once today?

msstate7
01-17-2021, 02:48 PM
This roster was ready to win .. It may not have been a sweet 16 team. But it has veterans , and talent..
Straight up embarrassing

Looks that way. Still early in the season, I'll give her a full season to judge.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2021, 02:49 PM
It's amazing how quickly a program can fall apart. Sad

Commercecomet24
01-17-2021, 02:50 PM
Looks that way. Still early in the season, I'll give her a full season to judge.

Agreed. It's not to late BUT what we're seeing on the court doesn't bode well. We have no energy, intensity or effort and that's from coaching.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 02:50 PM
Straight up embarrassing

If there was ANY potential way to keep Schaefer and Cohen and Keenum didn't make it happen then its one of the worst decisions ever made in our athletics history. The only saving grace for Cohen is that most people will just 100% check out on WBB when it returns to pre-Vic days.

Duckdog
01-17-2021, 02:55 PM
Too busy being woke to give a shit about basketball

trob115
01-17-2021, 02:57 PM
Her wokeness can go pound sand with sloppy joe. Cohen needs to join them.

Jacksondevildog
01-17-2021, 03:00 PM
A loaded roster, yet somewhat young, and they play without a pulse. That is strictly coaching. The air has been completely sucked out of our women's basketball program. Hopefully, she can get up from her chair next game.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 03:23 PM
A loaded roster, yet somewhat young, and they play without a pulse. That is strictly coaching. The air has been completely sucked out of our women's basketball program. Hopefully, she can get up from her chair next game.

Yea, not sure about our team but our HC should be well rested after this game. Nobody is asking for a tirade up and down the sideline but it would be nice to show some interest in what's going on by standing up and exhorting your team.

BiscuitEater
01-17-2021, 03:56 PM
Absolutely zero offensive game plan. Throw it around till shot clock runs down and take a low percentage prayer of a shot.

RocketDawg
01-17-2021, 03:59 PM
Too busy being woke to give a shit about basketball

Is it the coach, or the team members, or both?

Jacksondevildog
01-17-2021, 04:07 PM
Both.

Is it the coach, or the team members, or both?

DeltaChicagoDog
01-17-2021, 04:08 PM
Here's a quote from publication that shan't be named:
"McCray-Penson said after the narrow win over Ole Miss she does not want to have to coach effort."

This approach does not instill confidence. JoMo was quoted as saying pretty much the exact same thing and his difficulties, broadly speaking, can be boiled down to that exact point. Coachspeak or not, it's sets a bad precedent and won't fly in the SEC. It doesn't matter what you want or don't want to do. You do what the game/team/program demands.

confucius say
01-17-2021, 04:25 PM
"McCray-Penson said after the narrow win over Ole Miss she does not want to have to coach effort."

This approach does not instill confidence. JoMo was quoted as saying pretty much the exact same thing and his difficulties, broadly speaking, can be boiled down to that exact point. Coachspeak or not, it's sets a bad precedent and won't fly in the SEC. It doesn't matter what you want or don't want to do. You do what the game/team/program demands.

No coach wants to have to coach effort.

Honestly, if you're having to coach effort, either you haven't done your job running the program or there are cancers in your locker room who must be removed.

maroonmania
01-17-2021, 04:29 PM

Even if her players did give more effort I'm questioning if they have a clue what she wants from them on either end of the floor? A lot of times, in any sport, when you are unsure what you are supposed to be doing it appears as a lack of effort but in reality its just uncertainty in what your job is supposed to be in the scheme you are attempting to run. I just sort of observe that our players are a bit lost in whatever NMP is trying to run as opposed to what they have done in the past under Vic.

Dawgface
01-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Bottom line, Cohen screwed up...again.

Cowbell
01-17-2021, 05:57 PM
Even if her players did give more effort I'm questioning if they have a clue what she wants from them on either end of the floor? A lot of times, in any sport, when you are unsure what you are supposed to be doing it appears as a lack of effort but in reality its just uncertainty in what your job is supposed to be in the scheme you are attempting to run. I just sort of observe that our players are a bit lost in whatever NMP is trying to run as opposed to what they have done in the past under Vic.

This a lot of what was wrong with our offense in football last year

Jacksondevildog
01-17-2021, 06:31 PM
If you are a coach, at any level, and don't want to coach effort, you need to quit and sell insurance.

Coach34
01-17-2021, 06:38 PM
You demand effort or sit their ass. The bench makes people hungry

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 06:46 PM

Yep, that is what Vic did; it works.

And yes you do have to coach maximum effort. Very few people don't have a lazy streak whether in ball, work, anything. You have to demand championship effort if you want to compete for championships.

Obviously we don't.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2021, 06:52 PM

Amen! Playing time(or lack of)is the best motivator a coach has.

KOdawg1
01-17-2021, 06:53 PM

Vic benched 4 of his starters in an NCAA Tournament game because they weren't practicing hard enough. Being complacent loses you games.

R2Dawg
01-17-2021, 06:56 PM
Vic benched 4 of his starters in an NCAA Tournament game because they weren't practicing hard enough. Being complacent loses you games.

If I remember correctly he did it in first two rounds of games. That was about a bold move as I've ever seen. About like Hoosiers playing with 4 because we didn't have the depth then to pretend of offset the talent he took off the floor.

basedog
01-17-2021, 07:00 PM
Someone spill the rumors on what some have said about Vic leaving because of Blair?

PendingTransaction
01-17-2021, 07:51 PM
Someone spill the rumors on what some have said about Vic leaving because of Blair?

Here's the story: Vic is a basketball god and Blair is his little angel.

Rest of the story: Cohen is a sympathizer and an apologist. As proof, he hired a lazy, undisciplined wbb coach, who clearly can't coach and doesn't know here place.

jdelta02
01-17-2021, 08:22 PM
Final
Miss. State 41
Texas A&M 69

Myah Taylor 14 pts

Madison Hayes and Jessika Carter...both with 8 rebounds each, followed by Aliyah Matharu with 5 rebounds.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Maybe Howland can coach the girls***

Maybe the best comment i've ever seen on this board. Bravo. 10/10

Coach34
01-17-2021, 10:02 PM
Here's the story: Vic is a basketball god and Blair is his little angel.

Rest of the story: Cohen is a sympathizer and an apologist. As proof, he hired a lazy, undisciplined wbb coach, who clearly can't coach and doesn't know here place.

Damn Kamala- dont be so salty

basedog
01-17-2021, 10:20 PM
I guess we shall ever really know except he liked Texas more than MSU.

tcdog70
01-19-2021, 12:07 PM
Bibby just got Player of the week.. AEH just put up 24. there is your veterans than Nicki said she needs.

sonof34
01-19-2021, 12:21 PM

From what I heard a Leach level purge I needed

Players, and their mom, with bad attitudes thinking they are bigger than the program to one player not even wanting to play but being forced by her dad

If they not buying in let them go no matter how good they are

jdelta02
01-19-2021, 01:03 PM
Bibby just got Player of the week.. AEH just put up 24. there is your veterans than Nicki said she needs.

Jordan Danberry...another veteran
Team still returned a lot of talent, including 3 returning starters (regular starters). Need better play at the positions vacated by Danberry and Bibby. More consistency out of Rickea Jackson. Establish Jessika Carter in the post. Consistently getting the ball to Jessika Carter is a big key to more establishing the offense. Defend and play smart as a team. Also, need the coacihng staff on it's A game.

The 2 spots vacated by Jordan Danberry and Chloe Bibby are the bigger holes...glaring issues at these 2 positions right now. JaMya Mingo-Young appears to have hit a wall (back as far as several games ago). Madison Hayes has gotten the last 2 starts with 8 rebounds last game...the freshman is continuing to progress. Aliyah Matharu (started against Alabama) in the mix as well. Not getting overly much (though some intangibles she brings) out of Sidney Cooks at the 4 spot. (Note) Coach McCray Penson has indicated that she is limited due to her knees.

Not going to question the team's heart.