PDA

View Full Version : Urban to Jags

BrunswickDawg
01-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Urban official to the Jags.

I'm going to have to boycott my Jax TV news so I don't have to hear the dumbass "Duuuval" shit they do all the time.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-14-2021, 07:21 PM
Will be a good story line to follow next year. He and Lawrence will make the Jags interesting.

Coach34
01-14-2021, 07:36 PM
Getting Lawrence and Meyer are huge for Jville. Will be surprised if Urban isnt successful there

Jack Lambert
01-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Lawrence has only lost two football games his entire life. He has something new to get use to going to the Jags.

1bigdawg
01-15-2021, 09:43 AM
I am not sure Urban will be successful. He is a good coach, but there is a lot of parity in the talent in the NFL. It has been a long time since he coached a schedule against comparably talented teams.

StarkVegasSteve
01-15-2021, 09:51 AM
The coaching is never going to be Urban's problem. He's one of the Top 10 minds in all of football. However, he doesn't have a talent advantage anymore. You can't beat up on Illinois and Rutgers to pad your record anymore. Jax is going to have to hire a very good front office to be able to give Urban as much talent as possible. I think he can be successful, but I just don't know how successful that is.

Jack Lambert
01-15-2021, 10:07 AM
I am not sure Urban will be successful. He is a good coach, but there is a lot of parity in the talent in the NFL. It has been a long time since he coached a schedule against comparably talented teams.

The NFL is like NASCAR. It is designed to be level playing field. That's why Saban did well at LSU, Bama but average at Mich State and failure at the NFL. He is a great coach and what makes him great is he develops players but the players he is starting out with are way better then everyone else's players. Myer might turn out to be a great NFL coach. Who knows.

MoreCowbell
01-15-2021, 10:45 AM
Jax has Lawrence coming and 73 million in cap space. Urban is a recruiter and culture builder at heart. I think he is able to convince free agents to come there and he does well.

Todd4State
01-15-2021, 03:32 PM
I guess they'll trade Minchew?

Tbonewannabe
01-15-2021, 04:11 PM
The NFL is like NASCAR. It is designed to be level playing field. That's why Saban did well at LSU, Bama but average at Mich State and failure at the NFL. He is a great coach and what makes him great is he develops players but the players he is starting out with are way better then everyone else's players. Myer might turn out to be a great NFL coach. Who knows.

Which is why Pete Carroll is actually a better football coach than Saban. Carroll was a great college coach who has proven he can coach in the big leagues.

Saban didn't like losing and had no way to get a talent advantage like he enjoyed for most of college. Bama right now recruits at such a high level that most teams almost have no chance walking out of the locker room.

TheLostDawg
01-15-2021, 04:25 PM
Jax has a lot of cap space and draft picks as well.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-16-2021, 10:01 AM

Meyer has been successful everywhere. Saban went 8 8 in nfl. Not exactly a failure

msstate7
01-16-2021, 10:02 AM
Jax has Lawrence coming and 73 million in cap space. Urban is a recruiter and culture builder at heart. I think he is able to convince free agents to come there and he does well.

They also have a 2nd 1st round pick this draft

msstate7
01-16-2021, 10:04 AM
Which is why Pete Carroll is actually a better football coach than Saban. Carroll was a great college coach who has proven he can coach in the big leagues.

Saban didn't like losing and had no way to get a talent advantage like he enjoyed for most of college. Bama right now recruits at such a high level that most teams almost have no chance walking out of the locker room.

It would be really interesting to know how brees, saban, and Sean Payton's careers turned out had Miami signed Brees

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-16-2021, 10:39 AM
Miami would have a super bowl. Saban would have stayed in pros. I?m sure everyone knows the story of Saban wanting Brees in Miami

MetEdDawg
01-16-2021, 12:16 PM
Lawrence has only lost two football games his entire life. He has something new to get use to going to the Jags.

This is one thing I've pointed out. We've never seen Trevor Lawrence lose a regular season game. He gets his loss in the playoffs and then gets an offseason. How does he respond to immediate failure? That's going to tell a lot.

Dawgfan77
01-16-2021, 12:19 PM
Carol was very average NFL coach until Seattle drafted Wilson in 2012.

SPMT
01-16-2021, 01:30 PM
Miami would have a super bowl. Saban would have stayed in pros. I?m sure everyone knows the story of Saban wanting Brees in Miami

Yep.

Coach34
01-16-2021, 02:54 PM
To say Pete Carroll is a better coach than Saban is ridiculous. Let’s not forget that Carroll bolted back to the NFL in the 1st place because USC was getting hit with significant probation under his watch.

Saban not getting Brees changed his career path. Carroll got his franchise QB in Wilson.

Urban Meyer has won everywhere he has ever been. I don’t see why Jacksonville will be any different

Tbonewannabe
01-16-2021, 03:34 PM
To say Pete Carroll is a better coach than Saban is ridiculous. Let’s not forget that Carroll bolted back to the NFL in the 1st place because USC was getting hit with significant probation under his watch.

Saban not getting Brees changed his career path. Carroll got his franchise QB in Wilson.

Urban Meyer has won everywhere he has ever been. I don’t see why Jacksonville will be any different

And Bama doesn't do illegal shit? USC wouldn't even cause a ripple in the SEC world. Who says Brees develops like he has without Sean Payton.

If Saban had the balls then he would have tried the NFL again.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-16-2021, 04:33 PM
It?s all about the QB. I believe if the Dolphins doctors clear Brees all those years ago, NFL and college football look drastically different.

Coach34
01-16-2021, 06:58 PM
And Bama doesn't do illegal shit? USC wouldn't even cause a ripple in the SEC world. Who says Brees develops like he has without Sean Payton.

If Saban had the balls then he would have tried the NFL again.

Carroll would have suffered staying and coaching under probation. He tucked tail and ran while he had the chance. But you do have to give Carroll credit for learning from some of his mistakes he made as HC of the Jets. Saban wont ever have Bama on major probation. Saban made his decision to stay in college football and become the best ever. It was a good move for him.

Brees had thrown 51 TD's against 22 picks the two seasons before leaving San Diego- with some of those picks being attributed to needing surgery. Not to mention he was 20-11 as a starter the last 2 seasons. Completed 65% of his passes. Jason Garrett would have been his QB coach and it probably works well there. And the Dolphins would have been good on defense every year Saban was there- so Brees wouldnt have had to score like he has at times in NO.