PDA

View Full Version : 34 you have to give it up

SPMT
11-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Mullen's in game coaching is terrible. This game should be a one score game. His shit special teams and going for two when you could win with two scores is idiotic. He's just poor at in game decisions, game after game. SC, Auburn, KY, A&M. You know what you're seeing its just you have no confidence we can make a good hire otherwise you would admit the truth.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I give it for me- game went about as I expected:

7-10 point loss
Dak having a big day
Mullen's offense going for 40 points and over 500 yards
Manziel and their WR's just too much for us

FlabLoser
11-09-2013, 07:33 PM
We played well most of the game.

Still way too many sickening things like having Russell's first couple series to open the game. Lack of running game with Russell. Russell running a zone read to go for two should only happen...against Alcorn.

Played well, especially on defense. Got some turnovers and 3 & outs and that is all you can ask for against A&M.

Still let 'em score with little time left in the 1st half. Let 'em score to open the 2nd half.

Overall, its an improvement that still had too much of the same sickening shit we've seen all year.

SPMT
11-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I agree in that we would have to play perfect in order to win. Hold them to less than 500 yards, no turnovers for us, convert in the red zone every time type shit.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 07:43 PM
playing Russell those 3 series was a waste of ****ing time

t45fixer
11-09-2013, 07:44 PM
The part that pisses me off is that we could hold them below their average in scoring but we didn't. Defense gets the big **** you

CJDAWG85
11-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Only problem I saw was the play calling at times and the ST on 3 plays, but the fight was there today. We could've done what we have done the whole year and just said **** it... But this is the 2nd week our team has played til the end... Couldn't be more proud of Dak and his effort. Remember, last year this team embarrassed us at home.

FlabLoser
11-09-2013, 07:57 PM

Again, all season long - Mullen doing cute shit with the QB rotation. Trying to make some kind of statement, distribute reps, or some other shit that makes sense for any objective except for JUST WINNING THE ****ING FOOTBALL GAME.

There should be no wasted possessions!!!

Dawgface
11-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Yup and that is on Mr. Mullen.

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 08:04 PM
We held them on that first drive I thought. They scored though on the second or third possession of the third quarter. The problem is we didn't have our offense and defense on the same page. We held them for a while then when our offense scored we allowed them to counter punch us. I think a lot of this has to do more with inexperience but play calling also hurt us in this game especially with the passing calls with Dak. IMO, he will be able to run those plays much better next year but he needs more seasoning in the passing game for those plays to be executed at a high level.

I will say this. We played with a lot of heart tonight and didn't give up. If we played like that against LSU we only lose by 10. I think we are getting there we are just inexperienced and young in important positions. I think we do beat Arkansas and Ole Miss to finish the season and I think that would be great for this team moving forward to next year.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Yup and that is on Mr. Mullen.

Yeah- but I understand why he did it

Coach34
11-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I will say this. We played with a lot of heart tonight and didn't give up. If we played like that against LSU we only lose by 10. I think we are getting there we are just inexperienced and young in important positions. I think we do beat Arkansas and Ole Miss to finish the season and I think that would be great for this team moving forward to next year.

Yes and Yes

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Again, all season long - Mullen doing cute shit with the QB rotation. Trying to make some kind of statement, distribute reps, or some other shit that makes sense for any objective except for JUST WINNING THE ****ING FOOTBALL GAME.

There should be no wasted possessions!!!

I will just be glad next year when ALL QBs on the roster possess the same type of skill set. I say that because when we go between Dak and Russell Mullen is totally oblivious to which QB is in the game. Calling a QB sweep on a 3rd and 4 and 2 point conversion QB read option run with Russell is so beyond retarded that I am left dumbfounded. And then we also had a series or two with Dak where we threw 3 straight passes and had to punt which also makes no sense since that would have been better served to have Russell in.

Apoplectic
11-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Mullen's in game coaching is terrible. This game should be a one score game. His shit special teams and going for two when you could win with two scores is idiotic. He's just poor at in game decisions, game after game. SC, Auburn, KY, A&M. You know what you're seeing its just you have no confidence we can make a good hire otherwise you would admit the truth.

If u cant see that mullen is an awful coach there's no helping you. You obviously dont know the game. We should have had a chance to win.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 08:15 PM
So you agree that was horrible coaching that gave us a less of a chance to win?

Coach34
11-09-2013, 08:20 PM
So you agree that was horrible coaching that gave us a less of a chance to win?

No- that was a coach protecting a young man because he had missed 3 days of practice and film study....as well as gone thru the hardest week of his entire young life. Sometimes the game is secondary to life

SPMT
11-09-2013, 08:23 PM
If u cant see that mullen is an awful coach there's no helping you. You obviously dont know the game. We should have had a chance to win.

Are you a complete ****ing moron?! Read my first sentence. It says, "'Mullen is a terrible in game coach." What part of that sentence says Mullen is good....?

Quaoarsking
11-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Not taking a side here in the great debate over Mullen, but today's game really shouldn't be ammo for the "Fire Mullen" side. No, he didn't coach perfectly, but we did take a top 15 team down to the wire on the road in Johnny Football's last game. It was a whole lot closer than anyone, including everyone here, expected. And, unlike many previous games, Mullen clearly gave a damn on the sidelines.

If Mullen coaches as well for the next 17 games as he did today, we'll be 7-6 this year and at least 8-5 next year.

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Not taking a side here in the great debate over Mullen, but today's game really shouldn't be ammo for the "Fire Mullen" side. No, he didn't coach perfectly, but we did take a top 15 team down to the wire on the road in Johnny Football's last game. It was a whole lot closer than anyone, including everyone here, expected. And, unlike many previous games, Mullen clearly gave a damn on the sidelines.

If Mullen coaches as well for the next 17 games as he did today, we'll be 7-6 this year and at least 8-5 next year.

The only coach deserving to be taken to the woodshed today is the special teams coach. Of course that's also Mullen.

PMDawg
11-09-2013, 08:41 PM

7-10 point loss
Dak having a big day

Haha. You're so full of shit.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM
No- that was a coach protecting a young man because he had missed 3 days of practice and film study....as well as gone thru the hardest week of his entire young life. Sometimes the game is secondary to life

How is sitting him for 3 drives protecting him?

Coach34
11-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Haha. You're so full of shit.

How so?

LeakyD
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
The defense created opportunities with turnovers. There is so much pressure to match A@M on every drive. I don't blame the defense, really. They had some sacks and pursued pretty well. They just couldn't hold coverage long enough. That's what Johnny FB does. Three INT's and few sacks is better than I expected. A&M's last drive of the half and the kick return were back breaking.

Homedawg
11-09-2013, 09:40 PM
The defense created opportunities with turnovers. There is so much pressure to match A@M on every drive. I don't blame the defense, really. They had some sacks and pursued pretty well. They just couldn't hold coverage long enough. That's what Johnny FB does. Three INT's and few sacks is better than I expected. A&M's last drive of the half and the kick return were back breaking.

As nuts as this sounds, I agree. We gave up 51 so it's hard to explain this away but here goes. First half we both had 7 drives. They score 3 tds we score two. Against a crappy defense. The game was over then. After getting 2 3 and outs and one drive that they got one first down and also got a pick you have to make them pay. Not play catch up. It won't work against them. Manziel is just to hard to defend. Ask Bama.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 10:20 PM

7-10 point loss
Dak having a big day
I noticed you ignored what he actually asked about.

BoomBoom
11-09-2013, 10:24 PM

no, QB sweep with Russell and up the middle with Perkins has nothing to do with protecting Dak, it has everything to do with our staff is terrible at playcalling.

they are not putting our personnel in position to succeed.

hell, it's like the idea of subbing QBs mid-series is against the rules or something. that kind of stubborness is a clear sign of a staff that just isn't that smart. they don't know better, and resist learning from those that do know better.

WinningIsRelentless
11-09-2013, 10:27 PM
The only coach deserving to be taken to the woodshed today is the special teams coach. Of course that's also Mullen.

No it's the players who missed simple assignments. All coaches can do is put players in position to make plays.

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 10:46 PM
No it's the players who missed simple assignments. All coaches can do is put players in position to make plays.

So today we had botched plays from the punt team, the FG team, the punt block team and the kickoff coverage team however this was ALL just strictly on the players?