01-11-2021, 03:56 PM
Maybe this has been covered but there are rumors he is interviewing with them

Irondawg
01-11-2021, 04:05 PM
Joe trying to stick it to us

But since he’s been out west a while it makes sense for Oregon to reach out

msstate7
01-11-2021, 04:11 PM
Will arnett be hated like Mullen for all these interviews?

RocketDawg
01-11-2021, 04:14 PM
Joe trying to stick it to us

But since he’s been out west a while it makes sense for Oregon to reach out

I thought I'd heard that Joe was going somewhere else. Maybe not.

trob115
01-11-2021, 04:16 PM
Arnett ain't leaving for Oregon, unless it's to be a head coach . His wife loves the south.

msstate7
01-11-2021, 04:19 PM
I thought I'd heard that Joe was going somewhere else. Maybe not.

I saw him potentially linked to Bama and Michigan. Doubt seriously Bama, but who knows on Michigan.

RocketDawg
01-11-2021, 04:27 PM
I saw him potentially linked to Bama and Michigan. Doubt seriously Bama, but who knows on Michigan.

He might do well at Vanderbilt. But they've already hired somebody.

Has Bama hired an OC since Sarkisian went to Texas? Bama might be a good place for him as an OC.

Todd4State
01-11-2021, 05:07 PM
Will arnett be hated like Mullen for all these interviews?

Major difference between a DC and the head coach going on interviews but you already know that.

Todd4State
01-11-2021, 05:08 PM
He might do well at Vanderbilt. But they've already hired somebody.

Has Bama hired an OC since Sarkisian went to Texas? Bama might be a good place for him as an OC.

I thought Bama was looking at Bill O'Brien? At any rate they won't hire someone until after the game tonight.

msstate7
01-11-2021, 05:11 PM
Major difference between a DC and the head coach going on interviews but you already know that.

DC interviewing for a HC job is certainly different. DC interviewing for DC seems equal to HC interviewing for HC to me.

Johnson85
01-11-2021, 05:46 PM

It's not that different when it isn't interviewing for a head coach position. I don't have a problem with a coordinator interviewing, but interviewing after one year if it's not a blue blood is annoying. If it's Bama, UF, UGA, Texas, Clemson, OSU, etc. I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. They are blue bloods and give you a legitimate shot at a national title. Even though they have Phil Knight, Oregon is not quite on that level in my mind but I can get why it would be appealing if he's a west coast guy at heart and wants to get back out there.

On the flipside, I think we will only offer two year contracts, and I think most schools will offer longer, so if that's the case, we can't really complain about coordinators not being committed for longer. It's just so hard to have continuity when coordinators are leaving every 2 years, much less after one year.

Todd4State
01-11-2021, 05:47 PM
DC interviewing for a HC job is certainly different. DC interviewing for DC seems equal to HC interviewing for HC to me.

The difference is one is much easier to replace and has much less impact on your program than the other.

BogeyGolfer
01-11-2021, 05:51 PM
Arnett to the Eagles and possibly Dallas based on what I?m hearing* Good lord, I think our fans have said he?s ? rumored? to every D1 DC job that?s been open ...

msstate7
01-11-2021, 05:51 PM
It's not that different when it isn't interviewing for a head coach position. I don't have a problem with a coordinator interviewing, but interviewing after one year if it's not a blue blood is annoying. If it's Bama, UF, UGA, Texas, Clemson, OSU, etc. I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. They are blue bloods and give you a legitimate shot at a national title. Even though they have Phil Knight, Oregon is not quite on that level in my mind but I can get why it would be appealing if he's a west coast guy at heart and wants to get back out there.

On the flipside, I think we will only offer two year contracts, and I think most schools will offer longer, so if that's the case, we can't really complain about coordinators not being committed for longer. It's just so hard to have continuity when coordinators are leaving every 2 years, much less after one year.

Good point on length of contracts

DownwardDawg
01-11-2021, 06:54 PM

Yeah, because our DC has the keys to the program and is making $4 mil a year.

I re read that. I didn't mean to sound like an ass.

Bothrops
01-11-2021, 07:02 PM
He may be wanting to get out of America. To each his own..

Coach34
01-11-2021, 07:07 PM
He is interviewing at Oregon.

It doesnt sound like he has a 2MM buyout as some people are trying to say if he is off interviewing with other schools.

PGHBulldogBG
01-11-2021, 07:13 PM
It sounds like Arnett wants out but only for the right price. Seems very similar to Mullen. I believe he has been interviewing with many teams

TNDawg35
01-11-2021, 07:20 PM
To hell with it. Let him go if he wants and go hire Muschamp or Steele ������

Bothrops
01-11-2021, 07:21 PM
It sounds like Arnett wants out but only for the right price. Seems very similar to Mullen. I believe he has been interviewing with many teams

But..but he had the greatest neighbors ever!

Todd4State
01-11-2021, 07:29 PM
He is interviewing at Oregon.

It doesnt sound like he has a 2MM buyout as some people are trying to say if he is off interviewing with other schools.

I'm sure it's negotiable.

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2021, 07:29 PM
One thing about it...our players are the most nfl ready of any in college football. They average three DC's over their college career so they've had to learn about every defensive system invented. This is getting really old really fast.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-11-2021, 07:30 PM
At MSU he is limited to a 2 year contract and couldn?t pick out his own staff...Brock, McBath and Phelps all came with Leach.

Gutter Cobreh
01-11-2021, 07:43 PM
Have ya'll forgotten that he left Syracuse 11 days after accepting their offer to come to State????

While he did well here in his first year, y'all are naive to expect this cat to stay long....

BeastMan
01-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Somebody on a MSU FB group said his uncle was Rob ******* and that rumor was false.

Homedawg
01-11-2021, 08:41 PM
I don't begrudge anyone for interviewing. Who knows what it gets him financially or opportunity wise. If it were anyone on this board, they'd do the same for themselves and their family and if you say otherwise you're either lying or...

Homedawg
01-11-2021, 08:42 PM
Have ya'll forgotten that he left Syracuse 11 days after accepting their offer to come to State????

While he did well here in his first year, y'all are naive to expect this cat to stay long....

But that was ok because he liked us more***

msstate7
01-11-2021, 08:44 PM
I don't begrudge anyone for interviewing. Who knows what it gets him financially or opportunity wise. If it were anyone on this board, they'd do the same for themselves and their family and if you say otherwise you're either lying or...

I feel the exact way. I never understood the hate of Mullen for doing it.

Jarius
01-11-2021, 08:49 PM
I feel the exact way. I never understood the hate of Mullen for doing it.

Mullen stopped recruiting on 2 separate occasions because he thought he had jobs locked up that he ended up not getting. It cost us prospects and pissed me off.

Bothrops
01-11-2021, 09:00 PM
Mullen stopped recruiting on 2 separate occasions because he thought he had jobs locked up that he ended up not getting. It cost us prospects and pissed me off.

Yep

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2021, 09:29 PM
On tRant Coaching Changes Board says Arnett interviewing tomorrow. Any truth?

maroonmania
01-11-2021, 09:43 PM

Even if he hadn't stopped recruiting his constant flirting with other jobs likely cost us countless recruits that chose a more stable situation when given another relatively equal option where there was more confidence the coach would be around. Hugh Freeze ate Mullen's lunch over this issue in recruiting while he was around. Mullen failed to reach his full potential at MSU over 2 issues. First was his lack of full effort in recruiting because he was too busy looking for another job at the end and right after the season and second was his inability to keep any continuity on the defensive side of the ball with keeping a defensive coordinator.

Cowbell
01-11-2021, 10:27 PM

This is exactly right. I honestly just get sick of 7 bringing up Mullen every chance he gets

msstate7
01-11-2021, 10:29 PM
This is exactly right. I honestly just get sick of 7 bringing up Mullen every chance he gets

Just reminding guys that as long as we have an actual asset, it will be this way. We aren't a destination school

Cowbell
01-11-2021, 11:21 PM
Just reminding guys that as long as we have an actual asset, it will be this way. We aren't a destination school

Fans that have that attitude are the reason we may not be a destination to some. But we are obviously a destination to some. Heck we had to run Moorhead off he loved it here so much. Lol.

People aren't mad at Mullen for shopping around. It was for doing it while not fulfilling the duties we were paying him for. And just blaming the DC when we got abused.