ZedFedder
01-09-2021, 09:01 PM
Kind of funny

PGHBulldogBG
01-09-2021, 09:02 PM
Go Eers!

Coach34
01-09-2021, 09:09 PM
he will take some lumps rebuilding- but we all know in 2 years they will be top 10 on the reg

R2Dawg
01-09-2021, 09:10 PM
Wonder if he regrets leaving MSU for Texas? I know he had family reasons but if he wants to coach a lot longer, idk if that was the best place for him to go. Like Mullen the table was set at MSU.

I don't wish Vic bad though, what would be the point? He gave a lot to MSU, didn't like the way it ended but coaching changes are never pleasant.

ZedFedder
01-09-2021, 09:12 PM
he will take some lumps rebuilding- but we all know in 2 years they will be top 10 on the reg

Facts. Believe he has two top 20 players signed.

R2Dawg
01-09-2021, 09:18 PM
Yeah and remember we got beat by 60 by a top team and a year later beat that team in Final 4.

captaindog
01-09-2021, 09:34 PM
Wonder if he regrets leaving MSU for Texas? I know he had family reasons but if he wants to coach a lot longer, idk if that was the best place for him to go. Like Mullen the table was set at MSU.

I don't wish Vic bad though, what would be the point? He gave a lot to MSU, didn't like the way it ended but coaching changes are never pleasant.

He may personally regret it but strictly by facilities and resources he has everything he needs at Texas to be very successful and have a long career there. I?d be shocked if he didn?t succeed at a very level.

Ezsoil
01-09-2021, 09:40 PM

Or he could revert back to his Sam Houston Days

Coach34
01-09-2021, 09:59 PM

Nobody thinks that will happen. Coaches learn along the way. Vic apparently did.

maroonmania
01-09-2021, 10:21 PM

Yep, in his only HC job before MSU he went 80-110. No way at Texas does anyone think anything like that would happen but it will be interesting to see if he can get Texas to the level he got State. He was given tremendous support by the fanbase at State and had a very rare chemistry here that is not always easy to recreate. I'm not really sure how many people at Texas really even give a crap about their WBB program. Texas can't even get their football program rolling where the entire fanbase cares and they have the largest athletic budget in the country.

Coach34
01-09-2021, 10:29 PM
Texas boosters will provide him all the money he needs to buy players like he did at State. His recruiting class at Texas is already showing they are. He will be fine.

And before anybody gets on here and raises hell about my post- every recruit in the country for the sports of football and basketball gets paid. Baseball recruits also get money in the form of random scholarship money or payments as well. Top recruits dont go anywhere these days without payment. They know their worth

BiscuitEater
01-10-2021, 02:04 AM
Texas boosters will provide him all the money he needs to buy players like he did at State.

And, this formula is working out so well for the Texas football team!

msstate7
01-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Texas boosters will provide him all the money he needs to buy players like he did at State. His recruiting class at Texas is already showing they are. He will be fine.

And before anybody gets on here and raises hell about my post- every recruit in the country for the sports of football and basketball gets paid. Baseball recruits also get money in the form of random scholarship money or payments as well. Top recruits dont go anywhere these days without payment. They know their worth

Boosters actually buy players in WBK. What's a top 20 player cost?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-10-2021, 08:56 AM
Boosters actually buy players in WBK. What's a top 20 player cost?

A lifetime TiK Tok subscription

R2Dawg
01-10-2021, 09:03 AM
And, this formula is working out so well for the Texas football team!

Don't bring facts into this; folks opinions can't handle facts. Reality is it ain't all about money and top 20 recruits like so many think. Is it a factor, sure but that ain't it. Our best football teams were not highly ranked or bought off. Take our mens bball team this year. Everyone said we would suck, well best team in a while.

Texas may get back in football but they look like Tenn or Nebraska right now. Vic will win, now how big is yet to be seen.

Ari Gold
01-10-2021, 11:34 AM

Vic a little too old to revert back to those days...

Ari Gold
01-10-2021, 11:35 AM
Texas will be a top 5-10 program in a couple of years and will stay there ..
he can flat out coach and will recruit better at Texas than he did here...

Tmjdog
01-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Sort of enjoy watching him go thru the trials of a rebuild, but agree that he will eventually get it done. Doubt he has many regrets about leaving. He can now transfer to A&M when Blair retires which he couldn?t do at MSU due to contract restrictions. Hail State & good luck 2 Nikki & the Lady Dogs.

schddog72
01-10-2021, 02:40 PM
He may personally regret it but strictly by facilities and resources he has everything he needs at Texas to be very successful and have a long career there. I?d be shocked if he didn?t succeed at a very level.

You do realize that he is in the neighborhood of 60 years old, +/-, so I would say a "long" career would be a very relative term here. However, I totally agree that he will be successful before he hangs it up.

Johnson85
01-11-2021, 09:51 AM
You do realize that he is in the neighborhood of 60 years old, +/-, so I would say a "long" career would be a very relative term here. However, I totally agree that he will be successful before he hangs it up.

A decade at any one place is a long career now in college sports, and I suspect Vic will be somebody that coaches as long as his health allows, so yes, he could have a long career at texas.

Johnson85
01-11-2021, 09:57 AM

People make under the table payments to women's basketball recruits???

I'd really love to know the profile of the boosters that are that into women's basketball. Parents of former players? Former players that have been successful or married somebody successful? I guess if it's not as expensive then a lot more people can theoretically give enough money to make a difference, but that's still a little surprising to me.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2021, 10:30 AM

Hold on now.....you're telling me people pay for WBK recruits? I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. 98% of P5 athletic depts. probably don't know when their WBK team is playing much less care enough to set up a network to pay recruits. I sincerely hope we're not doing that and if we are, please revert that money to Leach and Howland