PDA

View Full Version : Defense has given up 50.....

Jdawg
11-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Saw some good things on offense today (granted A&M has a bad defense) but our secondary is awful.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Saw some good things on offense today (granted A&M has a bad defense) but our secondary is awful.

Are you watching the game?

The defense has had some breakdowns, but the problem is special teams and wasted possessions

Jdawg
11-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes, I'm watching and although all 50 pts aren't on the defense I stand by my statement that our secondary sucks. How many more wins you see Shotgun?

DAWGS1
11-09-2013, 07:20 PM
NOPE--- Should be 49-45 but ST and missed 2 pt Conv and we should be in this at the end!

Jack Lambert
11-09-2013, 07:45 PM

Two bad Special Team plays killed us. The hit on the kicker and the kick off long run that got the ball on 15. That's the difference in the game. I think A&M had as many yards against mighty bama. I hate losing but they played four quarters and it was fun to watch.

I fully expect the haters to be out in force.

dickiedawg
11-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Two bad Special Team plays killed us. The hit on the kicker and the kick off long run that got the ball on 15. That's the difference in the game. I think A&M had as many yards against mighty bama. I hate losing but they played four quarters and it was fun to watch.

Don't forget the blocked field goal! And the Safety!

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Manziel at least got three touchdowns that no other QB would get. The difference in the game were the wasted possessions we had not going to our strength with Dak and the abomination of a kick off on Bell with a 97 yard return.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Don't forget the blocked field goal! And the Safety!

Thanks for reminding me. Special teams cost us the game.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 08:06 PM

I don't think so. I'm on the Hud bandwagon but I'm a little optimistic after this game. I missed a lot due to work, but what I did see and read sounds like we played a full game. I saw some stupid play calling by Mullen but the team actually fought. We had a chance, something I didn't expect.

War Machine Dawg
11-09-2013, 08:34 PM

It's a moving target with the haters. First they say they want to see relentless effort and a close game for 4 quarters. We gave them that today. This week they'll change it to "We can't pull off the upset." The cycle continues.

PendingTransaction
11-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Can't be true, we have a NFL secondary coach

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey dipshit, we got three interceptions on the previous hiesman winner. We had some breakdowns but our secondary does not suck.

HunterDawg
11-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Hey dipshit, we got three interceptions on the previous hiesman winner. We had some breakdowns but our secondary does not suck.

It is all in how you want to look at it. Some note that we scored a ton of points and ran up a ton of yardage on a highly ranked team in the 2:30 big time game. Others note that we gave up more.

When they throw int's inside our 5, it is great defense. When we screw up like that we "gave it away". One team "forces fumbles' the other one "laid it on the ground".

Some look at our QB's and note that one can really run and one can really throw. Others note that one doesn't run very well and one doesn't throw that well.

We gave a very good team all they wanted in a lot of ways, but we lost. It is what it is.

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 09:39 PM
It's a moving target with the haters. First they say they want to see relentless effort and a close game for 4 quarters. We gave them that today. This week they'll change it to "We can't pull off the upset." The cycle continues.

Sorry, down 51-27 in the 4th quarter does NOT constitute "close" to me. Its nice we didn't lay down and put up a couple of scores late to make it more respectable but we certainly never really threatened to win that game.