PDA

View Full Version : UT is a mess......Not sure Pruitt survives........Is Freeze up next?

Saltydog
01-07-2021, 01:49 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-tennessee-in-hiring-freeze-amid-investigation-into-potential-recruiting-violations-164114525.html

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2021, 01:52 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-tennessee-in-hiring-freeze-amid-investigation-into-potential-recruiting-violations-164114525.html

It's a whole new level of suck when you cheat and still suck.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2021, 01:54 PM
You kinda have to think Freeze is blackballed in the SEC or Saban would have hired him.

bulldawg28
01-07-2021, 01:54 PM
Freeze is definitely up next! I'm ready for him to come back.

Saltydog
01-07-2021, 02:01 PM
I'll still hate the SOB no matter where he goes, much less back in the SEC.

Homedawg
01-07-2021, 02:07 PM
You kinda have to think Freeze is blackballed in the SEC or Saban would have hired him.
He is not being blocked by the sec.

FISHDAWG
01-07-2021, 02:14 PM
Maybe we found Bracky's long lost hillbilly cousin ..... Hiring Freeze during an investigation into recruiting violations would be like trying to put a fire out with gasoline

Todd4State
01-07-2021, 02:17 PM
I can't see them hiring a guy with a NCAA past if they are in trouble with the NCAA.

Cooterpoot
01-07-2021, 02:26 PM
TN is the FSU of the SEC. Can't get out of their own way.

Dawgfan77
01-07-2021, 03:09 PM
He is not being blocked by the sec.

You are correct.... let's just say when doing background checks theirs a lot more out there than meets the eye when schools start looking at Freeze

viverlibre
01-07-2021, 03:17 PM
I'd rather him be in the East (assuming we keep divisions).

bulldawg28
01-07-2021, 03:19 PM
You are correct.... let's just say when doing background checks theirs a lot more out there than meets the eye when schools start looking at Freeze

He's no different than alot of coaches.

Dawgfan77
01-07-2021, 03:22 PM
He's no different than alot of coaches.
Yeah you might want to look a little deeper into that. Lots of transgressions from the HS to college level. Lot more than NCAA issues I'll just leave at that

DLGDawg
01-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Yeah you might want to look a little deeper into that. Lots of transgressions from the HS to college level. Lot more than NCAA issues I'll just leave at that

I remember that being talked about. But didn't olemiss hire him anyway?(serious question)

CowtownDawg
01-07-2021, 03:44 PM

My best friend from HS is married to a girl that was a cheerleader at Briarcrest HS in Memphis while Freeze was there. There was a WHOLE lot of unsavory stuff he was involved in while working there. I too won't go into any more detail than that.

bulldawg28
01-07-2021, 03:46 PM
Even if it's true people never cared.

bulldawg28
01-07-2021, 03:48 PM
I remember that being talked about. But didn't olemiss hire him anyway?(serious question)

Every school that has hired him would have "supposedly " over looked it including the high-school. Pshhh. It wasn't too aggresious.

Cooterpoot
01-07-2021, 03:56 PM
The odds Freeze goes to TN is less than nil if there's NCAA issues involved there.

Dawgfan77
01-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Every school that has hired him would have "supposedly " over looked it including the high-school. Pshhh. It wasn't too aggresious.

Yeah great point. That school up north and liberty are pillars of integrity
He also weezled his way to be HC at ArK State. You just need to talk to right people. The sec ain't blocking him but when due diligence is done things come up

Extendedcab
01-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Even if it's true people never cared.

Apparently they still don't!!

Coach34
01-07-2021, 06:27 PM
The odds Freeze goes to TN is less than nil if there's NCAA issues involved there.

This all day

Say it out loud- "Tennessee is being investigated by the NCAA. So they are hiring Hugh Freeze as their new HC"

No.

Mobile Bay
01-07-2021, 06:35 PM
Fulmer wouldn't care. Anybody remember his hostesses back in the day?

Besides the signal in in the headline. Hiring freeze .

RocketDawg
01-07-2021, 06:49 PM

I remember it being talked about on our boards after they hired Freeze, but not before. I'd never heard of Freeze before they hired hm.

msbulldog
01-07-2021, 07:10 PM
Fulmer wouldn't care. Anybody remember his hostesses back in the day?

Besides the signal in in the headline. Hiring freeze .

This is beyond Fulmer, your talking LOIC in this Fulmer is going to get overruled if not gone.

Todd4State
01-07-2021, 07:24 PM
This is beyond Fulmer, your talking LOIC in this Fulmer is going to get overruled if not gone.

Yeah- that could definitely be a sticking point for Fulmer.

Sounds to me like you have the typical booster vs booster thing going on up there where it's Fulmer's guys vs. some other group that wants to start over with their own people.

If it's not Fulmer as their next head coach I don't know what direction that they'll go in but it won't be Freeze. They can not risk repeat offender status and won't on a guy even Auburn wouldn't take a chance on.

Freeze might want to consider trying to turn Liberty into the Southern Baptist Notre Dame or BYU.

R2Dawg
01-07-2021, 07:27 PM
TN is the FSU of the SEC. Can't get out of their own way.

It does appear that way. There are a few more out there as well on the way down from national prominence.

R2Dawg
01-07-2021, 07:29 PM
I'd rather him be in the East (assuming we keep divisions).

Agree with this. Be funny to watch him and Mullen go at it and only to fall to Kirby at UGA just like Bama in SECW

viverlibre
01-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Agree with this. Be funny to watch him and Mullen go at it and only to fall to Kirby at UGA just like Bama in SECW

Would love to see him being a thorn in Saban's side, even if it cost us a few recruits.

R2Dawg
01-07-2021, 10:48 PM
Would love to see him being a thorn in Saban's side, even if it cost us a few recruits.

Yeah and he could do that at UT and stay out of our hair at same time but like others I doubt he goes there is there is NCAA trouble as it appears but in today's world - anything can happen. There are no standards anymore.

SPMT
01-07-2021, 11:08 PM

Agree. If the dlckheads actually knew anything definitive they?d spill it. I mean, they can?t stand Freeze. Why protect him.....?!

If it was anything more than banging some cheerleader while he was a coach, it would be known by now.

Mobile Bay
01-08-2021, 07:20 AM
Agree. If the dlckheads actually knew anything definitive they?d spill it. I mean, they can?t stand Freeze. Why protect him.....?!

If it was anything more than banging some cheerleader while he was a coach, it would be known by now.

There were several accusations that came out from women about him in high school. They all joined a private facebook group, and everything went away. IT really looks to me like non disclosure agreements were signed and silence was bought.

SPMT
01-08-2021, 09:30 AM
There were several accusations that came out from women about him in high school. They all joined a private facebook group, and everything went away. IT really looks to me like non disclosure agreements were signed and silence was bought.

I remember

bulldawg28
01-08-2021, 09:42 AM

Silence wasn't bought from you so what do you have? Or anyone else for that matter.

Jack Lambert
01-08-2021, 09:45 AM
I think Freeze character is a issue with many of these blue bloods. I kind of figure there money guys think they don't have to settle for him.

TrapGame
01-08-2021, 09:54 AM
I think Freeze character is a issue with many of these blue bloods. I kind of figure there money guys think they don't have to settle for him.

Yeah, I don't think a big program is going to take a chance on Freeze right now. I can see him getting a lesser job at a South Florida or Central Florida putting them in the top 20 for three or four years and then, maybe, he gets a shot at a P5 program again

FISHDAWG
01-08-2021, 12:02 PM
Is UGA next ? Haven't heard this until now ...

https://twitter.com/SECfootball/status/1347556049000140803

Jack Lambert
01-08-2021, 12:36 PM
Is UGA next ? Haven't heard this until now ...

https://twitter.com/SECfootball/status/1347556049000140803

I kind of wonder did Mullen start rating out everyone when he got busted to get a lighter time in jail and then there's LSU who should have been hammered but got of really light. Someone is spilling beans.

Todd4State
01-08-2021, 01:21 PM
I kind of wonder did Mullen start rating out everyone when he got busted to get a lighter time in jail and then there's LSU who should have been hammered but got of really light. Someone is spilling beans.

Alabama would be my guess on Georgia.

Mobile Bay
01-08-2021, 01:23 PM
Silence wasn't bought from you so what do you have? Or anyone else for that matter.

One woman accused him of making her change shirts while he watched. Another one accused him of making her take spanking as a punishment when she was 16 or 17.

msbulldog
01-08-2021, 01:25 PM

Lsu ain't out of the woods yet.

thf24
01-08-2021, 02:09 PM

I may be remembering wrong, but I think rumor was Saban did try to hire him as soon as his show cause was up and Sankey said something to the effect of "too soon."