PDA

View Full Version : Covid shots in MS

Reunion Dog
01-06-2021, 02:50 AM
If your parents are 75 & over please feel free to use this link and sign them up of their shots.

Signed both of mine up tonight.

God's speed....

https://covidvaccine.umc.edu/

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Ours got signed up last night. I'm in a healthcare field and I took my first shot yesterday morning. I had the Moderna one. Other than a slightly sore arm no problems. Neither the shot nor the soreness were as bad as this year's flu shot.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-06-2021, 10:52 AM
Ours got signed up last night. I'm in a healthcare field and I took my first shot yesterday morning. I had the Moderna one. Other than a slightly sore arm no problems. Neither the shot nor the soreness were as bad as this year's flu shot.

I have been told by 2-3 people to get the Modena one. Since you are in the healthcare field, I'd like to know why you chose that one. Anyone else in the healthcare field feel free to give your input as well.

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2021, 11:23 AM
I have been told by 2-3 people to get the Modena one. Since you are in the healthcare field, I'd like to know why you chose that one. Anyone else in the healthcare field feel free to give your input as well.

I chose that one because that was the one I was able to get. I didn't have a choice. Very few people are going to have a choice.

chef dixon
01-06-2021, 01:10 PM

The data on both of them are strikingly similar in efficacy (about 95% effective) and safety (side effect profile similar to a flu shot). Of course those numbers can only be confirmed over a few month period just based on shear length of study. Pfizer published their data in the New England Journal of Medicine first and Moderna just recently got theirs published. Its really a which ever is available type thing.

parabrave
01-06-2021, 06:01 PM
ATTN all Coast Vets. The Biloxi VA is taking appointment now for COVID shots. I get my 1st one Sunday.

RocketDawg
01-06-2021, 10:28 PM
ATTN all Coast Vets. The Biloxi VA is taking appointment now for COVID shots. I get my 1st one Sunday.

Are you in the 75+ age group, or do vets get priority?

parabrave
01-06-2021, 10:37 PM
Are you in the 75+ age group, or do vets get priority?

VA is different from the state. Plus I'm 60 and High BP. They already did the 75+