PDA

View Full Version : Mullen to Jets?

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-03-2021, 12:50 PM
Seems his name is being talked about a lot rather quickly.

msstate7
01-03-2021, 12:54 PM
I think he would do well. Would he takes fields or go with darnaud?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-03-2021, 01:08 PM
I think Dan likes the warm weather

MetEdDawg
01-03-2021, 01:37 PM
This will be an interesting NFL offseason in relation to college football.

You've got rumors of Urban to the Jags. You've got Mullen with interest in an NFL job. Pat Fitzgerald has already said he would listen to NFL teams for their jobs and there's apparently mutual interest from at least one NFL team (Jets I've heard). You've got Harbaugh that hasn't signed his Michigan extension and has talked about being interested in coming back to the NFL.

NFL jobs could cause some massive shake up at the college level and could do so very late in the game for these programs and put them behind the 8 ball trying to finish out recruiting for 2021 and finding a staff to come in.

CaptainObvious
01-03-2021, 01:44 PM
Leach to Florida. Could coach from Key West!

R2Dawg
01-03-2021, 02:02 PM
Leach to Florida. Could coach from Key West!

Hah, good one. You called it first.

Todd4State
01-03-2021, 08:24 PM
I think he would do well. Would he takes fields or go with darnaud?

I think so to- of course it depends on the roster at that level. I don't think he would miss recruiting at all. He would probably go with Fields I guess or try to get Dak or maybe Trask.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-03-2021, 08:32 PM
I think so to- of course it depends on the roster at that level. I don't think he would miss recruiting at all. He would probably go with Fields I guess or try to get Dak or maybe Trask.

Pretty sure Dak is off the table. If it was the jets. They get the 2nd pick. Obviously don?t see trask at 2. More than likely fields.

msstate7
01-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Pretty sure Dak is off the table. If it was the jets. They get the 2nd pick. Obviously don?t see trask at 2. More than likely fields.

Trask will be there in 2nd round

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-03-2021, 08:39 PM
Trask will be there in 2nd round
Probably correct but them passing on a qb with the 2nd overall pick would be a definite topic of conversation

msstate7
01-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Probably correct but them passing on a qb with the 2nd overall pick would be a definite topic of conversation

Darnold might be the guy with better players around him and better coaching. In fact, I'd probably trade back if I were jets if someone falls in love with fields

Homedawg
01-03-2021, 09:01 PM

Dak isnt available until the cowboys don't tender him a franchise offer or don't sign him to a long term deal by the deadline.... talking about him going elsewhere is fruitless until those both happen

MetEdDawg
01-03-2021, 09:07 PM
Darnaud might be the guy with better players around him and better coaching. In fact, I'd probably trade back if I were jets if someone falls in love with fields

Phenomenal autocorrect for a Braves fan.

msstate7
01-03-2021, 09:09 PM
Phenomenal autocorrect for a Braves fan.

Lol, I just noticed that.

Irondawg
01-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Let’s play a little what if.

Let’s say the Jets grab Mullen. Trade the no 2 pick to Dallas for Dak and their no 1 or Gallup or Lamb.

Then trade Darnold to someone like the Pats or Lions or Colts

Homedawg
01-03-2021, 09:15 PM
Let’s play a little what if.

Let’s say the Jets grab Mullen. Trade the no 2 pick to Dallas for Dak and their no 1 or Gallup or Lamb.

Then trade Darnold to someone like the Pats or Lions or Colts

There are lots of holes in this. So many I won't go into it. But that's not happening.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-03-2021, 09:28 PM
They could keep darnold but I doubt they would consider trading the 2nd pick for a trade in that scenario. If that?s the case they need weapons. Grab a wr like smith at 2 and shake the draft up.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Jets would be a sucky job and their GM is turrible...

msstate7
01-03-2021, 09:36 PM
They could keep darnold but I doubt they would consider trading the 2nd pick for a trade in that scenario. If that?s the case they need weapons. Grab a wr like smith at 2 and shake the draft up.

Well, I'm not talking about trading out the top 10. You could see Atlanta #4 try to trade ahead of Miami at 3. You could see any of 6-9 (eagles, lions, panthers, Broncos) try to jump to that spot. Hell, Dallas at 10 might try it with dak's contract not done. Point being, the jets could stay top 10 and get another 1st next season for that 2 spot.

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2021, 04:16 PM
Well, I'm not talking about trading out the top 10. You could see Atlanta #4 try to trade ahead of Miami at 3. You could see any of 6-9 (eagles, lions, panthers, Broncos) try to jump to that spot. Hell, Dallas at 10 might try it with dak's contract not done. Point being, the jets could stay top 10 and get another 1st next season for that 2 spot.

Only thing is unless Miami trades back, they aren't drafting a QB. I could see Smith at WR going 3rd unless they are in love with an Oline.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2021, 07:28 AM
Only thing is unless Miami trades back, they aren't drafting a QB. I could see Smith at WR going 3rd unless they are in love with an Oline.

I actually think there could be a lot of trading back in this draft. I think the Jets, Miami (unless Sewell is first on their board), and the Bengals are all candidates to move back. All 3 teams need draft capital and there are teams like the Falcons, Lions, and Broncos that may move up to get a QB.

This could be a fun draft.

msstate7
01-05-2021, 07:57 AM
USA Today has 5 qbs in top 15...
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
4. Fields
8. Lance
15. Jones

Not sure I agree with this, but wow.

Tbonewannabe
01-05-2021, 09:10 AM
USA Today has 5 qbs in top 15...
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
4. Fields
8. Lance
15. Jones

Not sure I agree with this, but wow.
Guy at BYU is interesting. He only had a couple of bad games but they also played a garbage schedule. I think he has the same knock as Mac Jones, he hasn't had to play competition where he was going against equal or tougher competition like you do in the NFL.