PDA

View Full Version : Keenem and Cohen

TheLostDawg
01-02-2021, 12:29 PM
Do they get pushed out if they don't stick up for us and let the SEC roll over us and try to make an example out of us with this fight situation?

msbulldog
01-02-2021, 12:51 PM
I don't think Sankey has the balls to try and push Keenum around, Cohen maybe, but not Keenum. Remember University Presidents control who is Commissioner and how much they make. Keenum has been President of the SEC presidents Council so he is well thought of.

CovertDawg
01-02-2021, 01:07 PM
There is precedent for all of this. All Keenum and Cohen have to do is show the film from other institutions doing the EXACT thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQZ1PZ8hGOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxNq_Fhd2M

defiantdog
01-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Not sure why Keenum would be affected by the SEC at all..... Cohen maybe.

TheLostDawg
01-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Not sure why Keenum would be affected by the SEC at all..... Cohen maybe.

Hopefully not but I'll know a lot of State fans that will want him gone if he doesn't take up for us.

msbulldog
01-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Hopefully not but I'll know a lot of State fans that will want him gone if he doesn't take up for us.

You do realize there is a little more to a University than the football team?

Todd4State
01-02-2021, 02:06 PM
If this had happened in baseball we would go all our defending ourselves. Since it's football our leadership insists on being bush league.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2021, 02:19 PM
They ARE defending us. The SEC can suspend guys if they want but they'll let us handle for the most part. There will be discipline. There's no way around that.

Santiago
01-02-2021, 02:28 PM
They would be more in line to lose their jobs if in the near future we repeated these actions after a game. I am hoping somehow it gets addressed as to why the officials or whoever in charge did not give Tulsa a team warning for coming to our sideline pre-game, and then have the officials tighten up the stuff in the game.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Do they get pushed out if they don't stick up for us and let the SEC roll over us and try to make an example out of us with this fight situation?

So many dumb assumptions here. The SEC is not "trying to make an example of us" and neither Cohen nor Keenum (people who can't spell his name don't deserve to post here) have never failed to stick up for us, and there's no evidence they'll suddenly start with this if for some reason they need to.

The "fight" is boring old news except on the MSU message boards.

Ari Gold
01-02-2021, 02:54 PM
This is ESPN driven..
Our PR department should be all over them and this...

Santiago
01-02-2021, 03:07 PM
This is ESPN driven..
Our PR department should be all over them and this...

Definitely, and it is political as well. All while other schools get away with sexual assualt, cover ups, allowing a coach to continue at LSU after being on tape for paying players, on and on.

R2Dawg
01-02-2021, 05:43 PM
Definitely, and it is political as well. All while other schools get away with sexual assualt, cover ups, allowing a coach to continue at LSU after being on tape for paying players, on and on.

More about the media, ESPN in this case, picking the winners and losers from their perspective. I would punch back and Herbie and not let them get away with this BS.

msstatelp1
01-02-2021, 06:04 PM
The conversation will go something like this:

Sankey: Hey y'all, congrats on winning the game and for whipping ass afterwards but you know it wasn't a good look for the conference. We'll release to the media that I have emphasized the need to ensure proper discipline and that I have the utmost faith that y'all will handle things in the appropriate manner. How about you suspend that Heath dubmass for the first game next year and Brule for the first half and make the rest run the stadium or something. OK, thanks for coming by and grab a doughnut on the way out. They are really good today.

Dogbone
01-02-2021, 06:07 PM
The conversation will go something like this:

Sankey: Hey y'all, congrats on winning the game and for whipping ass afterwards but you know it wasn't a good look for the conference. We'll release to the media that I have emphasized the need to ensure proper discipline and that I have the utmost faith that y'all will handle things in the appropriate manner. How about you suspend that Heath dubmass for the first game next year and Brule for the first half and make the rest run the stadium or something. OK, thanks for coming by and grab a doughnut on the way out. They are really good today.

I like this.

TheLostDawg
01-02-2021, 07:36 PM
Any punishment for Florida Missouri?

CaptainObvious
01-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Any punishment for Florida Missouri?

Yes. They are punishing Mississippi State for the Florida/Missouri slap fight.

Dogbone
01-02-2021, 08:09 PM
Yes. They are punishing Mississippi State for the Florida/Missouri slap fight.

According to ESPN we started both of them.

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2021, 08:28 PM
We will have a few guys suspended for for a half or so. We will have a couple that get a whole game and maybe one who gets more. That's it. There is ample precedent on this. One thing y'all need to understand now and accept. Most of the ESPN bunch hates Mike Leach. This is part of what we hired. Get used to it. For Herbstreet's part, he has never liked Mississippi State.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2021, 08:30 PM
We will have a few guys suspended for for a half or so. We will have a couple that get a whole game and maybe one who gets more. That's it. There is ample precedent on this. One thing y'all need to understand now and accept. Most of the ESPN bunch hates Mike Leach. This is part of what we hired. Get used to it.

ESPN has never liked us so screw em.

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2021, 08:31 PM
ESPN has never liked us so screw em.

That won't change the suspensions. There is no way those won't happen.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2021, 08:32 PM
We will have a few guys suspended for for a half or so. We will have a couple that get a whole game and maybe one who gets more. That's it. There is ample precedent on this. One thing y'all need to understand now and accept. Most of the ESPN bunch hates Mike Leach. This is part of what we hired. Get used to it.

This is an ignorant comment. With the exception of a couple of well-known feuds, Leach is one of the most well-liked coaches by the journalist crowd.

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2021, 10:10 PM
This is an ignorant comment. With the exception of a couple of well-known feuds, Leach is one of the most well-liked coaches by the journalist crowd.

I didn't say the journalist crowd. I said the ESPN crowd. I think you will eventually find most don't care for him though. He has a few that like him, but most either don't like him or think he is an entertaining clown.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-02-2021, 10:29 PM
State always gets a raw deal in the media eyes especially