PDA

View Full Version : You are Leach or Cohen. What do you do?

Hambone
12-31-2020, 09:35 PM
Anything?

I guess the biggest issues are Malik Heath going to social media to brag about it and guys that didn?t even play getting involved.

What say you guys? I know Coach Leach handles everything internally and we will never know what he does, but if you guys could decide would you do anything? Just curious.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2020, 09:41 PM
Just say it'll be handled in-house and move on.

lastmajordog
12-31-2020, 09:42 PM
A big om fan just txt a screen shot of the fight and made a remark about keeping it classy dogs.......The DOGS need to let om embarrass the state......just score, win the game, hand the ball to the ref and walk off.

RougeDawg
12-31-2020, 09:45 PM
A big om fan just txt a screen shot of the fight and made a remark about keeping it classy dogs.......The DOGS need to let om embarrass the state......just score, win the game, hand the ball to the ref and walk off.

Kinda funny and reminds me of a certain team having two players act like a pissing dog after scoring TDs. OM fans have no room to comment. Especially when their favorite coach since Vaught, was calling hookers for himself and recruits.

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2020, 09:50 PM

This is the correct answer. No more. No less.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 09:52 PM
Kinda funny and reminds me of a certain team having two players act like a pissing dog after scoring TDs. OM fans have no room to comment. Especially when their favorite coach since Vaught, was calling hookers for himself and recruits.

This x 1000

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 09:52 PM

Yep and leach will handle it. It's what he does.

bluelightstar
12-31-2020, 09:56 PM
We don’t have to worry about Leach getting bullied into overreaction by the media mob, that’s for sure.

Dogbone
12-31-2020, 09:59 PM
We don’t have to worry about Leach getting bullied into overreaction by the media mob, that’s for sure.

More worried about Cohen.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 10:00 PM
Suspend a few guys game 1, and that's it

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2020, 10:03 PM
What should they do?
Not. A. Damn. Thing.

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2020, 10:05 PM

Any school that even allowed Matt Coral to ENROLL, much less play football, has no room to talk.

Dogbone
12-31-2020, 10:05 PM
Let's wait and see what Tulsa does.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 10:07 PM
Any school that even allowed Matt Coral to ENROLL, much less play football, has no room to talk.

Amen to that. And let's not forget machine gun Kelly and hartsfield.

AlSwearengen
12-31-2020, 10:08 PM
Cohen and the fan base needs to learn from how the Leach knitting tweet was handled. Say it will be handled internally and then SHUT the F up! Everyone but olemiss people will forget about it by noon tomorrow. College playoffs, politics, COVID, and on and on will keep people from fretting over a fight that Miss. St. was involved in.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 10:09 PM
I imagine the sec front office will probably get involved. Just a hunch.

Mobile Bay
12-31-2020, 10:20 PM

Hey, he is head and shoulders in terms of class over SWAG Kelly, the only SEC QB to be charged with making terroristic threats.

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 10:25 PM

No way, not warranted and worst part if that is done is it digs up old bad stuff 9 months old on our program that would haunt all 21 season. We don't need that in Aug or Sept. It would be the lead narrative from ESPN all year. It will be now for the first game. Suspend players and you make sure it is for two games and probably more as they remind the nation this player or that player missed a game due to .......

Handle in house like Saban would do and never hear another word about it.

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 10:27 PM
I imagine the sec front office will probably get involved. Just a hunch.

This is my big worry. Sankey loves to make MSU pay for any public negative PR to make an example out of us. Our leadership needs to push back when he comes calling. We paid the price for SEC this year playing two games less than 53 and one of few to play a bowl game and win. Sankey needs to just sit back on this.

RougeDawg
12-31-2020, 10:32 PM
Cohen and the fan base needs to learn from how the Leach knitting tweet was handled. Say it will be handled internally and then SHUT the F up! Everyone but olemiss people will forget about it by noon tomorrow. College playoffs, politics, COVID, and on and on will keep people from fretting over a fight that Miss. St. was involved in.

Well based on most OM persons I know, they?ve probably already forgotten about it. IQs below 60 have difficulty remembering their name.

Homedawg
12-31-2020, 10:42 PM

What? Why?? No. It's 9 months til next game. Make em run move on.

ZedFedder
12-31-2020, 10:44 PM
The idiots getting on IG Live bragging about it is going to make it worse.

Hambone
12-31-2020, 10:49 PM
That is my only worry. That the student athletes that went on social media and bragged about it.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 10:49 PM
What? Why?? No. It's 9 months til next game. Make em run move on.

I don't think we'll have a choice. I expect the sec to force us.

SPMT
12-31-2020, 11:05 PM
R U 17in kidding me?! You do nothing. It?s football. Love the fight the other teams coach started.

Dawgology
12-31-2020, 11:14 PM
Leave it up to Leach to handle. If he wants to suspend those involved for a half or make them run extra whatever. This is no different than any other football scuffle I?ve watched in the past a hundred times.

Jarius
12-31-2020, 11:16 PM
Hey, he is head and shoulders in terms of class over SWAG Kelly, the only SEC QB to be charged with making terroristic threats.

He is 100 % not head and shoulders above Kelly in class and that’s not a compliment to Chad Kelly. He has had more shit swept under the rug in Oxford than any player they have ever had.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2021, 12:10 AM
He is 100 % not head and shoulders above Kelly in class and that’s not a compliment to Chad Kelly. He has had more shit swept under the rug in Oxford than any player they have ever had.

Yeah it's not just in Oxford. I have good friends on the staff at Long Beach poly and the stuff he did makes Kelly look like a saint. It's why Om was the only school in the country to give him a shot, he's not a very good person and I'm being very very kind.

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2021, 12:16 AM
The number of fans of other sec teams taking to Facebook to comment on Mississippi States "class".... is there a trophy for class?

When is the classy playoffs?

gravedigger
01-01-2021, 12:20 AM
Anything?

I guess the biggest issues are Malik Heath going to social media to brag about it and guys that didn?t even play getting involved.

What say you guys? I know Coach Leach handles everything internally and we will never know what he does, but if you guys could decide would you do anything? Just curious.

Exactly what Leach is doing. Handle it internally as harshly or as leniently as is appropriate based on the individual actions. I imagine there are some mitigating circumstances, even with our player who kicked theirs, that would change our minds if we knew them.

Their guy that got hurt seemed to be rushing to pull people away and he wound up on the bottom of a pile.

Most of that crap was on the ref's who didnt nip it in the bud earlier in the game by throwing people out or constantly throwing unsportsman like flags until it calmed down.

I'm sorry. ESPN was so bored they came back to a freaking fight. They damn sure let everyone know that is a way to get attention.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2021, 12:21 AM
The number of fans of other sec teams taking to Facebook to comment on Mississippi States "class".... is there a trophy for class?

Yeah because no other teams have ever been in a brawl or anything.

Bdawg
01-01-2021, 12:32 AM

Outstanding!!

FISHDAWG
01-01-2021, 01:13 AM
No way, not warranted and worst part if that is done is it digs up old bad stuff 9 months old on our program that would haunt all 21 season. We don't need that in Aug or Sept. It would be the lead narrative from ESPN all year. It will be now for the first game. Suspend players and you make sure it is for two games and probably more as they remind the nation this player or that player missed a game due to .......

Handle in house like Saban would do and never hear another word about it.

Kinda like running stadium steps

jackindabox
01-01-2021, 01:17 AM
Oddly enough I think if anything it will help recruiting. State is getting lots of publicity, and the old saying is there is no such thing as negative publicity. I am not saying I think it is a good look but it might help recruiting if not people will forget about it shortly which is probably the most likely thing. Maybe the SEC is pressured to slap the team on the wrist but that is worst case. The Malik Heath rant on social media is funny to me but also incredibly immature especially since he just sucker kicked a guy then ran away.

Todd4State
01-01-2021, 03:59 AM
The worst part of this was the Malik Heath social media BS.

I would honestly like for MSU to stand up for itself for ONCE and just say "Hey, they started talking pre-game. They surrounded us and we didn't do anything at that time. Game was chippy. And then their assistant coach hit one of our guys and started a fight."

Instead Bracky will probably suspend everyone involved in the fight 6 games and put us on probation for five years and get a trophy for exemplary compliance.**********

Mobile Bay
01-01-2021, 04:13 AM
Yeah it's not just in Oxford. I have good friends on the staff at Long Beach poly and the stuff he did makes Kelly look like a saint. It's why Om was the only school in the country to give him a shot, he's not a very good person and I'm being very very kind.

Do tell, do tell.

msbulldog
01-01-2021, 07:25 AM
Oddly enough I think if anything it will help recruiting. State is getting lots of publicity, and the old saying is there is no such thing as negative publicity. I am not saying I think it is a good look but it might help recruiting if not people will forget about it shortly which is probably the most likely thing. Maybe the SEC is pressured to slap the team on the wrist but that is worst case. The Malik Heath rant on social media is funny to me but also incredibly immature especially since he just sucker kicked a guy then ran away.

Watch the video, the Tulsa player hit Heath and then heath kicked him, he had it coming.

msbulldog
01-01-2021, 07:27 AM
Do tell, do tell.

Coral beat the hell out of Wayne Gretzky's son and got kicked out of that school. Look if Mullin won't take him, he's bad.

bulldawg28
01-01-2021, 07:38 AM
I leave it in the past just like 2020 and move on.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2021, 07:40 AM
Nelle will handle it!

Indndawg
01-01-2021, 08:29 AM

spare me your righteous condescension

StarkVegasSteve
01-01-2021, 09:29 AM

This 100%. I don't give a rats ass what they did. And honestly Tulsa got what was coming to them and the refs allowed it to get as bad as it did. They had been doing crap all day to try and bait us into something and then they got butthurt when Errol damn near ended the life of that guy on the onside attempt. Those G5 teams are just dirty. Look no further than Coastal Carolina and Liberty. They do all that crap and then scream about class when they lose the game. Teams like Tulsa have to be put in their place and we took care of that yesterday during and after the game.

StoneDawg
01-01-2021, 09:38 AM
I give Heath a choice delete social media or leave the team. He made it 10x worse with his post.

StarkVegasSteve
01-01-2021, 09:43 AM
I give Heath a choice delete social media or leave the team. He made it 10x worse with his post.

Really???? Like come on. It's a bad look but he's a college kid who was emotional in the moment. You address it internally, make him understand that you can't do stuff like that, and move on. Delete social media.......good lord.

Churchill
01-01-2021, 09:46 AM

The actual point is with the knitting and the skirmish is there is no need to handle something that doesn't need handling. If there's a problem it will come from our disastrous excuse for an AD.

Percho
01-01-2021, 04:04 PM
What should they do?
Not. A. Damn. Thing.

I'm with you fellers.

Lord McBuckethead
01-01-2021, 06:31 PM

Exactly.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2021, 06:51 PM
Just move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fSlX5QlWQ

Ari Gold
01-01-2021, 07:18 PM

Let?s hope Cohen stays out of it...

RougeDawg
01-01-2021, 07:36 PM
Exactly what Leach is doing. Handle it internally as harshly or as leniently as is appropriate based on the individual actions. I imagine there are some mitigating circumstances, even with our player who kicked theirs, that would change our minds if we knew them.

Their guy that got hurt seemed to be rushing to pull people away and he wound up on the bottom of a pile.

Most of that crap was on the ref's who didnt nip it in the bud earlier in the game by throwing people out or constantly throwing unsportsman like flags until it calmed down.

I'm sorry. ESPN was so bored they came back to a freaking fight. They damn sure let everyone know that is a way to get attention.

Pretty sure espn has a few OM alumni working in Bristol. They have been harping on all negative to State for years. Like Shotuns thread the other day, we have got to start fighting fire with fire and get some our people on prominent media position.

Oh, and f*ck OM.

starkvegasdawg
01-01-2021, 07:39 PM
Let?s hope Cohen stays out of it...

Good luck. He and Bracky have probably been in a closed door meeting all day with the biggest boners of their lives thinking about what all they can do.

RougeDawg
01-01-2021, 08:09 PM
Good luck. He and Bracky have probably been in a closed door meeting all day with the biggest boners of their lives thinking about what all they can do.

Probably recommend 3 years probation, 6 scholarship reductions, and 50% recruiting visit reduction.

The only question that should be for Leach and Cohen is this. Do they give Sankey and others one or two middle fingers?

Joebob
01-01-2021, 11:05 PM
Really???? Like come on. It's a bad look but he's a college kid who was emotional in the moment. You address it internally, make him understand that you can't do stuff like that, and move on. Delete social media.......good lord.

His Instagram post was not in the moment.