PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State vs Georgia (Women's Basketball)

jdelta02
12-31-2020, 06:07 PM
Gameday

Miss. St. vs Georgia (Athens GA, 5:30 pm cst)

jdelta02
12-31-2020, 07:23 PM
Halftime
Miss. State 28
Georgia 24

Rickia Jackson 6 pts
Aliyah Matharu 6 pts
Madison Hayes 6 pts

(Note) Jessika Carter sat most of the first half....fouls

Cooterpoot
12-31-2020, 07:36 PM
We play so out of control on offense. Little teamwork on that end.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-31-2020, 07:42 PM
Hard to watch... it?s just not the same with Vic gone...it was fun while it lasted tho.

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 07:45 PM
Hard to watch... it?s just not the same with Vic gone...it was fun while it lasted tho.

Tend to agree.

Carter can flat play. She is best inside O player we have had. Jackson is so inconsistent.

msbulldog
12-31-2020, 08:03 PM
Damn we're up by 9 what in the hell do you want? Georgia is undefeated. Go pull for Mississippi!

trob115
12-31-2020, 08:18 PM
We do not look well coached. Lazy and sloppy on both ends.

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 08:20 PM
Boy the refs took over for UGA the last 2 min. Ridiculous.

NYDawg
12-31-2020, 08:46 PM
SEC refs, mens and womens, seem to think people are there for a whistle concert. It makes watching games excruciating.

NCMSTFAN
12-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Its embarrassing sometimes what you guys complain about. Complaining about a road win in the SEC against an 8-0 Georgia team who had already beaten Georgia Tech, ECU and Oklahoma? You also forget that this same Georgia team gave us alot of trouble at the Hump last year, the game was sloppy as well and very close heading into the 4th quarter, we pulled away late to win by 7. Nobody is going to layover and let us win, its still a new coach implementing her style to a new team. Its been said a few times on here that "she ain't Vic". You have to give her a fair shot and stop waiting on her to fail. No this wasn't our best game but no SEC game is a gimmie

jdelta02
12-31-2020, 08:59 PM
Final
Miss. State 69
Georgia 62

Jessika Carter 13 pts
Madison Hayes 13 pts
Rickea Jackson 11 pts
Fouled out....Jessika Carter and Sidney Cooks

Sidney Cooks led team with 6 rebounds

Despite a late turnover spree and foul issues..Miss. State holds on to the road win over previously undefeated (8-0 coming into this game) Georgia. Georgia is a pretty good team. My opinion, freshman Madison Hayes was huge in this game. The former McDonald's All-American is continuing to improve/get better. No Xaria Wiggins, continuing to be held out this season due to illness.

Good road conference win, Miss. State moves to 1-0 in the SEC.

grinnindawg
12-31-2020, 09:26 PM
Don't you understand? If Vic were here, we'd have beaten them by 7****
at Georgia 01/05/20 73-66 W
at Georgia 12/31/20 69-62 W

Vic is obviously an offensive genius compared to Nikki.

Our coach will face an uphill battle with some of our fans.
Part of it will be Vic's success, part of it won't.
To me, so far she looks to do some things better, some things worse.
Really hard to tell with this small a sample size.

NCMSTFAN
12-31-2020, 09:31 PM
Don't you understand? If Vic were here, we'd have beaten them by 7****
at Georgia 01/05/20 73-66 W
at Georgia 12/31/20 69-62 W

Vic is obviously an offensive genius compared to Nikki.

Our coach will face an uphill battle with some of our fans.
Part of it will be Vic's success, part of it won't.
To me, so far she looks to do some things better, some things worse.
Really hard to tell with this small a sample size.

I agree, but some fans threw her under the bus before she coached her 1st game because she doesn't agree with everything they do

grinnindawg
12-31-2020, 09:37 PM
I agree, but some fans through her under the bus before she coached her 1st game because she doesn't agree with everything they do

Unfortunately the lack of agreement is just a part of it. I'm sure she's used to it.

NCMSTFAN
12-31-2020, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately the lack of agreement is just a part of it. I'm sure she's used to it.

Possibly, maybe I'm just different. I dont agree with everything Leach has said or done off the field but I still support him as our coach.

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 10:35 PM
We didn't play great but good enough for a good win on the road. But I'll tell you some of our fan base just is so thin skinned they just want rainbows and unicorns. Any criticism of anything MSU and they have a duck fit.

We can love our team, cheer for our team, and still see areas we want to improve. Why, because we want to win big. I don't see anyone on here who is unhappy with the road win at UGA.

Consequently the way the men played the other night might not have been as good a win but the team looked very good and you saw the comments reflect that accordingly. Most are fair on both sides of it. Folks just need to chill out about any critique of our teams - good and bad.

PGHBulldogBG
12-31-2020, 11:30 PM
I do have feel like there are some questions marks about this hire, although I feel like that with all Cohens hires, but it?s too early to say she isn?t Vic with such a small analysis.

NCMSTFAN
01-01-2021, 12:39 AM
I do have feel like there are some questions marks about this hire, although I feel like that with all Cohens hires, but it?s too early to say she isn?t Vic with such a small analysis.
Just curious about what question marks you had about the hire?

BiscuitEater
01-01-2021, 03:34 AM
I do have feel like there are some questions marks about this hire...

Vic abandoned 'his' team! No one I know wanted him to leave. He wasn't' run off' or fired. There are always questions about ANY coach that replaces a legend! Give her a fair chance.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2021, 07:55 AM
Vic abandoned 'his' team! No one I know wanted him to leave. He wasn't' run off' or fired. There are always questions about ANY coach that replaces a legend! Give her a fair chance.
More like he abandoned the AD...

trob115
01-01-2021, 08:07 AM
More like he abandoned the AD...

Him leaving had nothing to do with the AD. He left for off the court family issues and that is as much as I will say on that.

jdelta02
01-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Again, Madison Hayes...huge off the bench in this game. She impacts the game in multiple ways on both ends including effort. Also.. a high energy, emotional player, very quick and athletic.