PDA

View Full Version : Brawl

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 03:52 PM
That was a total embarrassment to anyone associated with the program. I mean really?

Lord McBuckethead
12-31-2020, 03:53 PM
Yep. That sucked. Thanks guys for being a bunch of dumbasses.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 03:54 PM
That was a total embarrassment to anyone associated with the program. I mean really?

Tulsa started it. Our guys stood up for each other.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2020, 03:55 PM

Yes that is the truth. Tulsa got their panties up their crack.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2020, 03:57 PM

Tulsa started their shit pre-game and kept it up all day. I hate scenes like that because we typically get the blame - but 17’em, we took all we could. Especially when they have a coach starting it.

Quaoarsking
12-31-2020, 03:58 PM
Glad Leach is taking up for the team in the interview. Not that I expected otherwise of course.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 03:59 PM
Tulsa started their shit pre-game and kept it up all day. I hate scenes like that because we typically get the blame - but 17’em, we took all we could. Especially when they have a coach starting it.

Yeah. It’ll build team unity. They’re all in it together.

Jack Lambert

I agree totally but Leach better Heath on a air plane to Starkville ASAP.

Dawgology
It’s a football team fighting on the sideline. Get down off your high horse lmao!!!

Dawgsfanalongtime77

Standing up is one thing but kicking a player in the head and then running off is just pathetic. The refs let it build the entire game.

ShotgunDawg
Glad Leach is taking up for the team in the interview. Not that I expected otherwise of course.

Totally agree

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:00 PM
Standing up is one thing but kicking a player in the head and then running off is just pathetic. The refs let it build the entire game.

True. There are some bad moments but MSU didn’t start it. 18-22 year olds get passionate

Maroonthirteen
Someone needs to have a talk to Payton.

Dude, put your helmet on the ground and walk into a pile? Cmon man.

Matt3467
Leach said it's a football game. "Nobody is going to tear cloth over it." Lol love Leach.

Maroonthirteen
12-31-2020, 04:01 PM
This espn anchor dude with the black hair is about to cry over it.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2020, 04:01 PM

That guy then got up and chased other players. I don’t even think Heath made contact

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 04:03 PM

Tulsa been trying to pick a fight the whole game. While I don't like us losing our cool, at the end of the day if the authorities (refs in the game) don't get control of the situation, then that is what you get.

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:03 PM
Didn't see it. but knew it was coming. Tulsa dirtiest team I've seen in a while and terrible refs let it go throughout the game. Our players fell right into it. Errol was completely undisciplined toward the end of the game. After he knocked out the Tulsa player on the onsides kick, he just stood over him taunting him. He wasn't even concerned on who got the ball.

VandelayIndustries
12-31-2020, 04:04 PM

That guy was embarrassing

R2Dawg
Leach said it's a football game. "Nobody is going to tear cloth over it." Lol love Leach.

I agree that is one thing I like about Leach. He don't play the media narrative BS.

Saltydog
Trevor Matich is a p***y. Yeah, it shouldn't have happened but it's football. I've seen a LOT worse in the NBA and MLB. The guy that gets the shit kicked out of him always want to piss and moan and cry. Just because you get your ass kicked doesn't mean you didn't do anything.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2020, 04:06 PM
Clay Matvick is a p***y. Yeah, it shouldn't have happened but it's football. I've seen a LOT worse in the NBA and MLB. The guy that gets the shit kicked out of him always want to piss and moan and cry. Just because you get your ass kicked doesn't mean you didn't do anything.

Every NHL.

Hambone
12-31-2020, 04:07 PM
Who’s the first to print the “we won the game and the fight” T-shirt’s

maroonmania
12-31-2020, 04:08 PM

There was a LOT of stuff going on before then but Brule jumped over and swung at someone which started the all out brawl.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 04:09 PM
For two programs that had never met on the field, apparently I missed the memo on what caused this back and forth for an entire game. Pretty unusual

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 04:12 PM
There was a LOT of stuff going on before then but Brule jumped over and swung at someone which started the all out brawl.

There coach shoved one of our players in the face just before Brule swung. Even Matich said it

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:14 PM
We heard the whole game how great this minor league conference is from the announcers. Dirtiest teams I've ever watched play us were BYU and now Tulsa. Coincidence? What bush league conference were the "refs" from? You could see this coming the entire game. I sure Tulsa was also teed losing to a "lowly" 3-7 SEC team when they were #24, a joke and played in their conference "championship game"! Hail State!

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 04:15 PM
We heard the whole game how great this minor league conference is from the announcers. Dirtiest teams I've ever watched play us were BYU and now Tulsa. Coincidence? What bush league conference were the "refs" from? You could see this coming the entire game. I sure Tulsa was also teed losing to a "lowly" 3-7 SEC team when they were #24, a joke and played in their conference "championship game"! Hail State!

100% agree with everything you said! HAILSTATE!

Saltydog
12-31-2020, 04:15 PM
Tulsa probably thought they should've got a better draw other than a SEC team with only 3 wins and they were chirpy from the get go. I think they had more to prove and certainly more to lose than we did.

TNDawg35
12-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Didn't see it. but knew it was coming. Tulsa dirtiest team I've seen in a while and terrible refs let it go throughout the game. Our players fell right into it. Errol was completely undisciplined toward the end of the game. After he knocked out the Tulsa player on the onsides kick, he just stood over him taunting him. He wasn't even concerned on who got the ball.

The Tulsa player he knocked the **** out ran his mouth all game. I would be more passed off if our ****ing TEAM CAPTAIN didn?t do it... **** Tulsa.

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 04:23 PM

This fight is on the REFs for not stopping the crap talk during the game and then TULSA Coach for throwing that punch..... WOW!!! How classy Tulsa. Tulsa posted crap all week about playing MSU...

Classy.... was Leach's post game fight..... We love him....

Commercecomet24
It appears to me Tulsa had a case of little man syndrome or yappy dog syndrome. Talk big and act tough until you get whipped.

Jack Lambert
100% agree with everything you said! HAILSTATE!

Their conference is now 0-3 in bowl games. i suspect their champions will get beat as well.

shoeless joe
12-31-2020, 04:24 PM
It was definitely embarrassing. ESPN will definitely make it out to be way more than they should. They won?t miss an opportunity to rip a southern team, especially from Mississippi. Of course it?s not as bad as they?re going to make it seem.

That being said, Malik heath needs to be gone. Absolutely nothing excuses what he did. I need to watch the video again but it looked like brule got the original brawl started but someone said he was reacted to a coach pushing our guy. Don?t know about any of that but if Malik Heath continues to be a part of the university it will speak very poorly on everything I felt we as a school stood for.

Again, the general brawl itself was just something that happens in sport...Heath?s actions are those of a coward that should not represent us any longer.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2020, 04:25 PM
Heath got punched by the guy he stomped. I stand with Heath!

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 04:27 PM

The refs to include the female was from either the Big 10 or 12.... West Coast......

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 04:28 PM
It was definitely embarrassing. ESPN will definitely make it out to be way more than they should. They won?t miss an opportunity to rip a southern team, especially from Mississippi. Of course it?s not as bad as they?re going to make it seem.

That being said, Malik heath needs to be gone. Absolutely nothing excuses what he did. I need to watch the video again but it looked like brule got the original brawl started but someone said he was reacted to a coach pushing our guy. Don?t know about any of that but if Malik Heath continues to be a part of the university it will speak very poorly on everything I felt we as a school stood for.

Again, the general brawl itself was just something that happens in sport...Heath?s actions are those of a coward that should not represent us any longer.

Please watch the fight again... Tulsa Coach involved.... hum....

BeardoMSU
12-31-2020, 04:29 PM

I mean, he kicked a guy wearing a helmet, so it's not really a big deal. His tuck-tail and run was a bit of a bitch move, though, lol.

Suspend him 1 game and move the **** on.

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 04:29 PM

Absolutely...

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:32 PM

Heath played "hit & run" at least 2 times in the brawl, BUT, he did not tweak his hamstring either time!***

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 04:32 PM
For two programs that had never met on the field, apparently I missed the memo on what caused this back and forth for an entire game. Pretty unusual

Crap talk over social media all week.... Typical crap... Tulsa is said to be a nasty playing team to begin with. I fault the refs for not getting a handle on the mess at the beginning of the game.

BeardoMSU
12-31-2020, 04:34 PM
Y'all want a cinematic reimagining? I give you this... (skip to the 1:30 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnpE-hGNVj8&ab_channel=EpicMovieScenes

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:34 PM

Will be hard to stand with him as he retreated very quickly after throwing each punch!****

Jack Lambert
12-31-2020, 04:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 04:36 PM
The Tulsa player he knocked the **** out ran his mouth all game. I would be more passed off if our ****ing TEAM CAPTAIN didn?t do it... **** Tulsa.

Wasn't a psnl foul called on him that should not have been on that player?

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 04:37 PM

You're still the best, my man!

Saltydog
12-31-2020, 04:39 PM
I mean, he kicked a guy wearing a helmet, so it's not really a big deal. His tuck-tail and run was a bit of a bitch move, though, lol.

Absolutely agree. The optics of it look bad but it wasn't like he beheaded the guy or even hurt him. Actually that guy shoved one of our players (#9 wearing sweats) down.

Todd4State
12-31-2020, 04:39 PM

This is pretty much my thought. I don't even think I would suspend him though. It's not he was the only one fighting bitch move or not.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 04:40 PM

Y'all listen to Beardo on this. Nailed it.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Those were Big 10 officials as well. They really know how to control the game. 👎👎

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

Saw Drowning Pool attempt to warm up for KISS at the Pyramid in '96. Virtually no cared enough to even go in to watch and listen to them. Strange pick for warm up. They got more teed off at lack of appreciation than Tulsa!

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
NM

Bdawg
12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
That guy then got up and chased other players. I don?t even think Heath made contact

What I was thinking. Thought he kicked at him. Not sure though

mparkerfd20
12-31-2020, 04:48 PM
Surveying social media we have some of the dumbest fans in the world. Geesh I'm more embarrassed of them than I am a fight.

msbulldog
12-31-2020, 04:48 PM

I'm sorry you're so embarrassed, Tulsa started it in the pre-game, kept it up all during the game and started the crap after the game, if you were looking. And yes I'm very associated with the program and the University and proud we won the game and the fight.

Bdawg
12-31-2020, 04:49 PM

Just like Bart G just said, "Some people, the most Confrontational thing they have competed in was a heated game of scrabble, but they want to comment on a football game and how awful the brawl is ( paraphrasing)." Pretty funny.

Saltydog
12-31-2020, 04:50 PM
I was there for that concert but can't remember a whole lot.......I just know I was there.......

Jack Lambert
12-31-2020, 04:50 PM
My favorite movie fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WWDBTda2Y

msbulldog
12-31-2020, 04:54 PM

There were punches thrown before Brule.

RocketCityDawg
12-31-2020, 04:55 PM

Good to know you support cancel culture.

Bdawg
12-31-2020, 04:56 PM

Yep. D Day on LSU guy was worse IMO.

Goldendawg
Jack, I just watched a horrible, disgusting, brutal brawl at least 10 times and now you try to post an age restricted clip! Oh the horror in today's PC world!****** Hail State!

Commercecomet24
There were punches thrown before Brule.

Yep

Bdawg
12-31-2020, 04:58 PM
Heath played "hit & run" at least 2 times in the brawl, BUT, he did not tweak his hamstring either time!***

Should have saved your rep for this one. Ha ha ha.

West Tn Dawg
12-31-2020, 04:58 PM
Guess who is Tulsa and who is MSU? Same thing, they asked for it we gave it to them!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw__BR3zmd8

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 05:00 PM
I was there for that concert but can't remember a whole lot.......I just know I was there.......

"Nights we won't remember with friends we can't forget." Ringo Star, "Here's to the Nights".

Bdawg
12-31-2020, 05:00 PM

Don't know if it was that player but Erroll had an atrocious crack back call on him. Didn't knock him down.

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Yep. D Day on LSU guy was worse IMO.

C'mon man, D Day never did that on purpose! My nephew was one of his tutors back in the day and will back me up on his kindly character as a student athlete!****

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Tulsa staffer threw the first punch.

Bdawg
12-31-2020, 05:06 PM
C'mon man, D Day never did that on purpose! My nephew was one of his tutors back in the day and will back me up on his kindly character as a student athlete!****

Ha

chef dixon
12-31-2020, 05:07 PM
This won't be a story tomorrow

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 05:09 PM
Tulsa staffer threw the first punch.

This.

msbulldog
12-31-2020, 05:09 PM

Mimi Big E changed his oil for him I'm sure he would have preferred a penalty.

Lord McBuckethead
12-31-2020, 05:15 PM

Agreed. Heath was deliberately target by the guy he ended up kicking. The guy was in full pads including his helmet. The kick was unfortunate, buy equal in my opinion to the guy that actually started that particular part of the scuffle.

shoeless joe
12-31-2020, 05:17 PM
Good to know you support cancel culture.

Well...if you knew me you?d know how off you are.

I deal with young athletes every day of my life. All these excuses being made about how the refs are to blame and the other coach or the other team is to blame...they?re doin just that, making excuses. Excuses made are reasons why young people think that any out of order moment is an excuse to lose your mind and do thing a that you will later claim aren?t the ?real you? and don?t represent what you stand for. Actions have consequences, and the young athletes that learn that early on are the most successful in life.

I clearly said that the brawl itself was just something that happens in sports. His personal actions were those of a coward who should not represent us. The fact that he was representing us at the time of his actions make it a huge deal IMO. Most folks won?t say ?look at that dumbass? they?ll say, ?what a trash university?.

Fred Garvin
12-31-2020, 05:40 PM
We can rationalize all we want about why we threw punches, but when the game highlights spend more time on the brawl than they do the game, it's a bad look for Mississippi State.

NCMSTFAN
12-31-2020, 05:48 PM
We can rationalize all we want about why we threw punches, but when the game highlights spend more time on the brawl than they do the game, it's a bad look for Mississippi State.

Every football team at some point has had a fight, it happens in contact sports. Its not a bad look for our program, Im not saying it looks good either but people will forget about this by next week.

Dogbone
12-31-2020, 05:53 PM
Mississippi state hasn't been in a fight all year. This was 100% provoked by Tulsa. Before game, during the game and after the game.

bluelightstar
12-31-2020, 06:07 PM

And nobody will remember this tomorrow. Get over it

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 06:13 PM
Mississippi state hasn't been in a fight all year. This was 100% provoked by Tulsa. Before game, during the game and after the game.

There is a picture of a coach throwing a fist at our player. Evidently there has been issues with Tulsa Coaches and fighting..... 2017....

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 06:15 PM
There is a picture of a coach throwing a fist at our player. Evidently there has been issues with Tulsa Coaches and fighting..... 2017....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqmfyMEWMAEY961?format=jpg&name=large

TNDawg35
12-31-2020, 06:16 PM

Who gives a pirates ass.... all I know is Leach is 1-0 In bowl games while Mississippi State head coach...

LC Dawg
12-31-2020, 06:24 PM
Last year we were making headlines for punching our own players so I consider this progress.

SailingDawg
12-31-2020, 06:24 PM
It appears to me Tulsa had a case of little man syndrome or yappy dog syndrome. Talk big and act tough until you get whipped.

Someone may have said this already, but at the beginning of the game Matt Wyatt said Tulsa had a guy who talked the whole game. Matt said he was tired of stuff like that. Probably the Tulsa #7 who was getting his ass kicked then was helped off the field.

Mobile Bay
12-31-2020, 06:27 PM

It's already one on al.com, which is the Mobile, Birmingham, and Huntsville, Alabama newspapers.

Ari Gold
12-31-2020, 06:28 PM
The main blame for the fight needs to go to one group..
The Officials !! All the bullshit that was going on, apparently most of it by Tulsa could have been handled on the field by them..
It was one of the worse officiated games of the year..
it was pathetic..

One in particular was bad .. She had no business being out there..

And I’m glad this is the only time in the history of football a brawl has broken out..

I’m just waiting for our compliance department to start suspending players and self impose a post season ban for 2021..

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 06:30 PM
Who gives a pirates ass.... all I know is Leach is 1-0 In bowl games while Mississippi State head coach...

Hah, Moorhead was 2-0 in egg bowl so not sure how much that matters but I'll take it just like 11 straight bowl games.

Dogbone
12-31-2020, 06:33 PM
The Officials
That was one of the worse officiated games of the year..
it was pathetic..

One in particular was bad .. she had no business being out there..

And I’m glad this is the only time in the history of football a brawl has broken out..

I’m just waiting for our compliance department to start suspending players and self impose a post season ban for 2021..

Good call, this game got away from them before it even started.

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 06:35 PM
The Officials
That was one of the worse officiated games of the year..
it was pathetic..

One in particular was bad .. she had no business being out there..

Agree. Almost no one is talking about that. They allowed the game to be played out of hand and never put Tulsa's unsportsmanlike play in check all day. Refs should have keep teams separated the way they called the game.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2020, 06:37 PM

Out side the two fan base and the ESPN guys who have to act like they care nobody will give a shit.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry you're so embarrassed, Tulsa started it in the pre-game, kept it up all during the game and started the crap after the game, if you were looking. And yes I'm very associated with the program and the University and proud we won the game and the fight.

If your proud of a bench clearing brawl in the armed forces bowl of all places then that?s cool. I did watch the game. Tulsa caused a lot of the issues but just take the high road. Already beat them on the scoreboard.

Mjoelner34
12-31-2020, 06:46 PM
Last year we were making headlines for punching our own players so I consider this progress.

Post of the day!

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2020, 06:54 PM
If your proud of a bench clearing brawl in the armed forces bowl of all places then that?s cool. I did watch the game. Tulsa caused a lot of the issues but just take the high road. Already beat them on the scoreboard.

Not proud the brawl happened but when you spent the last four hours being on the receiving end of dirty play and taunts I am proud when you stand up for yourself and kick the ever loving shit out of the little cocksuckers that tried to pretend they were the swinging dick in the locker room.

Ari Gold
12-31-2020, 06:55 PM

During the game We punched them in the ****ing mouth and they didn’t like it..

And unless you were on the field at that time or during the game no one has any idea what went wrong, or what was said to cause this shit..
If Leach has no issue with it , then it’s a non issue and over and done with..

BiscuitEater
12-31-2020, 06:58 PM
The entire officiating crew should be fired on the spot. They lost complete control of the game BEFORE kickoff. The bizarre calls didn't help one bit!

Ari Gold
12-31-2020, 06:59 PM
Memo to officials in 2021..

If 2 teams have a scuffle before the game and you can tell it’s going to be a little heated..
before the opening kick.. call unsportsmanlike penalties on both teams...
The. If any player gets one during the game it’s off to the showers..

Ari Gold
12-31-2020, 07:00 PM
The entire officiating crew should be fired on the spot. They lost complete control of the game BEFORE kickoff. The bizarre calls didn't help one bit!

They were more embarrassing than the brawl..

Dogbone
12-31-2020, 07:01 PM
Rick Sanchez ✓
Twitter › RickSanchezTV
If Mike Leach, who cheered on Donald Trump as he attacked African Americans, Latinos, Muslims and women, isn't fired for not controlling his team in post game brawl, then Mississippi State President should step down. @TulsaFootball
8 minutes ago

This pisses me off.

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 07:22 PM
My 83 year old Bulldog Mom said brawl made NBC Nightly News, but they didn't blame either side. However, they then had no time to show nightly riots in Portland. Hail State!

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 07:24 PM
Rick Sanchez ✓
Twitter › RickSanchezTV
If Mike Leach, who cheered on Donald Trump as he attacked African Americans, Latinos, Muslims and women, isn't fired for not controlling his team in post game brawl, then Mississippi State President should step down. @TulsaFootball
8 minutes ago

This pisses me off.

Would hope this is a fake Tulsa Football account. As the original Jack Lambert said regarding hitting QB's, "Just put a dress on them."

parabrave
12-31-2020, 07:39 PM
There coach shoved one of our players in the face just before Brule swung. Even Matich said it

Even the radio I think Price said one of their coaches ran up to our players and was getting in his face.

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Memo to officials in 2021..

If 2 teams have a scuffle before the game and you can tell it?s going to be a little heated..
before the opening kick.. call unsportsmanlike penalties on both teams...
The. If any player gets one during the game it?s off to the showers..

THIS. That was as bad a job of officiating as I have ever seen. You get better at 1A high schools in backwoods Mississippi.

mparkerfd20
12-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Rick Sanchez ✓
Twitter › RickSanchezTV
8 minutes ago

This pisses me off.
That guy is a ****ing idiot.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 07:50 PM
Even the radio I think Price said one of their coaches ran up to our players and was getting in his face.

If you rewatch the game you'll Tulsa coaches and players yelling and screaming at our players from the sideline the whole game. Spivey flipped one of them off. They went over the top trying to intimidate us or something I guess. The officials seemed oblivious to the vitriol coming from their sidelines on top of all the cheap shots they took on our players. Punkish behavior from their whole program, coaches and players

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2020, 07:54 PM
Out side the two fan base and the ESPN guys who have to act like they care nobody will give a shit.

It's on the Drudge Report.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2020, 07:56 PM
It's on the Drudge Report.

NO one will give a shit. Media has to act like they care.

msbulldog
12-31-2020, 07:59 PM
Well outside of the playoffs, I guess our Bowl game will get the most publicity.

bulldawg28
12-31-2020, 08:05 PM
Well outside of the playoffs, I guess our Bowl game will get the most publicity.

Indeed. We may get a few recruits with the publicity.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 08:09 PM

What's the saying. No such thing as bad publicity.

bulldawg28
12-31-2020, 08:12 PM

Absolutely!

maroonmania
12-31-2020, 08:32 PM
Hah, Moorhead was 2-0 in egg bowl so not sure how much that matters but I'll take it just like 11 straight bowl games.

Moorhead was fortunate he got to play 2 of the worst, most probation ridden OM teams ever. That is the main reason he was 2-0 in the Egg Bowl.

maroonmania
12-31-2020, 08:34 PM
The Officials !! All the bullshit that was going on, apparently most of it by Tulsa could have been handled on the field by them..
it was pathetic..

And I?m glad this is the only time in the history of football a brawl has broken out..

I?m just waiting for our compliance department to start suspending players and self impose a post season ban for 2021..

Yep, they wouldn't even call the penalty on Tulsa when they pulling the Bush league move of barking out our offensive signal at the LOS.

maroonmania
12-31-2020, 08:37 PM

I haven't seen any MSU fan say they are PROUD of what happened.

Dawgface
12-31-2020, 08:40 PM

I wonder if Keenum thinks this way?

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2020, 08:51 PM
NO one will give a shit. Media has to act like they care.

100%. It's a sport where grown men lift weights so they can hit and shove each other harder. They wear armor to keep from dying. Physicality and violence are THE defining features of Football, matched only by Rugby.

Nobody gives a shit if emotions run high. Hell, nobody really cares when baseball players clear the bench after batter gets hit, and that's older players in a non-contact sport.

Most damaging thing of this is Heath looking like a little bitch by running away instead of staying to fight. What a coward

NCDawg
12-31-2020, 09:03 PM

That's what I saw also. I really didn't like how Thompson cold cocked that guy on the onsides kick and stood over him taunting him.

defiantdog
12-31-2020, 09:03 PM
Seems like a lot of blame being pushed on MSU and not Tulsa for some reason

Ari Gold
12-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Seems like a lot of blame being pushed on MSU and not Tulsa for some reason

And in typical MSU PR fashion we won’t push back
And isnt it strange that Leach was media Gold up into about 2016... hmmmmm wonder why

Watch the “ fight “ from start to finish... it wasn’t even that big a deal...

R2Dawg
12-31-2020, 09:18 PM
If you rewatch the game you'll Tulsa coaches and players yelling and screaming at our players from the sideline the whole game. Spivey flipped one of them off. They went over the top trying to intimidate us or something I guess. The officials seemed oblivious to the vitriol coming from their sidelines on top of all the cheap shots they took on our players. Punkish behavior from their whole program, coaches and players

Yep and Errol decleating the Tulsa guy in front of their bench at end of game really set them off. However, Errol just made a clean football play and Tulsa didn't like it.

Tulsa came in with typical little man syndrome and thought they could take out MSU as some SEC trophy to cap off their year. Not being able to do that was more than their low character could take.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 09:19 PM
I haven't seen any MSU fan say they are PROUD of what happened.

The post I replied too said they were proud to win the game and win the fight. Maybe I?m crazy.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 09:32 PM
Yep and Errol decleating the Tulsa guy in front of their bench at end of game really set them off. However, Errol just made a clean football play and Tulsa didn't like it.

Tulsa came in with typical little man syndrome and thought they could take out MSU as some SEC trophy to cap off their year. Not being able to do that was more than their low character could take.

Yep we see it the same way.

Dogbone
12-31-2020, 09:32 PM
And in typical MSU PR fashion we won’t push back
And isnt it strange that Leach was media Gold up into about 2016... hmmmmm wonder why

Watch the “ fight “ from start to finish... it wasn’t even that big a deal...

Yip!

Bdawg
01-01-2021, 12:27 AM
I'm kind of curious as to what you are referring to......something happened in 2016?

I believe he's saying think political.

gravedigger
01-01-2021, 12:37 AM
I wonder if Keenum thinks this way?

He does not, I can assure you. But he understands its a football game. Wish our fans did.

Todd4State
01-01-2021, 04:37 AM

That's the hilarious thing about all of this.

The media is trying to embarrass us and it just seems like this has polarized our team and fan base and we look badass. Except for maybe Malik Heath.

Todd4State
01-01-2021, 04:41 AM
The post I replied too said they were proud to win the game and win the fight. Maybe I?m crazy.

I'm not proud of the incident.

But based on the details I'm proud that we stood up for ourselves. Sometimes you just have to stand up to assholes and we did. It's not like MSU started it. And to me an assistant coach hitting a player is worse than what Heath did which is getting too much attention and is overblown. It's not like the guy he kicked wasn't hitting him in the head or anything.

And that's my thing- where are the stories about the Tulsa assistant hitting our guy?

Todd4State
01-01-2021, 04:43 AM
it was pathetic..

And I?m glad this is the only time in the history of football a brawl has broken out..

I?m just waiting for our compliance department to start suspending players and self impose a post season ban for 2021..

Yep. And if we're punished those clowns need to be punished too. How about the dumb bitch official that threw a flag on us for complaining about a play that they overturned? LOL.

Todd4State
01-01-2021, 05:08 AM
https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1344789607322431493

bulldawg28
01-01-2021, 06:20 AM

I love the towel whip!

bulldawg28
01-01-2021, 06:20 AM
That's the hilarious thing about all of this.

The media is trying to embarrass us and it just seems like this has polarized our team and fan base and we look badass. Except for maybe Malik Heath.

Kids love this kind of stuff.

Dogbone
01-01-2021, 08:46 AM
I believe he's saying think political.

You are correct.

FISHDAWG
01-01-2021, 01:22 PM

Conrad Dobler made a really good living doing it for the Saints back in the day

FISHDAWG
01-01-2021, 01:34 PM

Lol ... I love me some Dillon Day and the attitude he played with

Commercecomet24
01-01-2021, 01:40 PM

Yes sir!

BeardoMSU
01-01-2021, 01:46 PM

This guy is hilarious. His MLB fight videos are great.

FISHDAWG
01-01-2021, 01:48 PM
I love the towel whip!

Call me twisted but I loved it ... understood it ... condoned it ... and would be pissed if we allowed those little bitches to go unchecked- it I guess that's just the football player in me

Percho
01-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Well said Fish

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2021, 02:50 PM
Call me twisted but I loved it ... understood it ... condoned it ... and would be pissed if we allowed those little bitches to go unchecked- it I guess that's just the football player in me

Yep. And us old baseball players love it too. Police your shit on the field. You hit us, you're gonna get hit back.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Yep. And us old baseball players love it too. Police your shit on the field. You hit us, you're gonna get hit back.

Right on!!!

Todd4State
01-01-2021, 04:25 PM
I love the towel whip!

That was impressive. Almost as impressive as his pick six.

No doubt. Most competitors want to play for someone that's badass unlike Tulsa.

This guy is hilarious. His MLB fight videos are great.

Interesting to see an unbiased take as well. Kind of shows how the media shapes things. Or tries to.

Yep. It's called sports.

bulldawg28
01-01-2021, 05:19 PM

A little towel whip never hurt anyone unless you're naked then you'll have a bruise for 48 hours. No harm no foul.

FISHDAWG
01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
A little towel whip never hurt anyone unless you're naked then you'll have a bruise for 48 hours. No harm no foul.

Maybe I should have clarified that I meant to respond to the original post ... I wasn't referring to a towel whip - I was referring to the roughhousing... a towel whip is akin to a walk in the park... Erroll Thompson bringing the wood is more along the line of what I meant

The Federalist Engineer
01-01-2021, 07:03 PM

Not much embarrassment - losing to Tulsa would be embarrassing

Game was won, business concluded with teachable moments

Other than us, not a lot of Viewers for the Armed Service Bowl

bulldawg28
01-01-2021, 07:56 PM
Maybe I should have clarified that I meant to respond to the original post ... I wasn't referring to a towel whip - I was referring to the roughhousing... a towel whip is akin to a walk in the park... Erroll Thompson bringing the wood is more along the line of what I meant

I'm with you. I just thought the towel whip was the funniest part of the situation.

Dawgpile
01-01-2021, 10:24 PM

The first 20 seconds of this video precede what most of the media shows on their condemnations of State. Something obviously transpired prior to Brule's swing and I'd assume that's it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1344747240489938955