PDA

View Full Version : Quick Though - Meh

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 03:43 PM
D level game for us today, but Tulsa is a good team and our young guys are learning how to win. Tulsa is older, stronger, and well coached.

- Tulu is a player. Got to get him more involved
- Young RBs played well down the stretch
- Our safeties are poo. If things go right, none of this years safeties will play next year
- Will Rogers lacks arm strength and playmaking ability. He not bad but he can absolutely be beat out. Tulsa had the better QB today
- Abysmal officiating. When they called a false start on MSU early in the game after the Tulsa barked out the snap count, they lost control.

Overall, good growth year but we?ve got to get more athletic. Cold weather has a way of exposing a lack of athleticism.

Could win 8 games next year, but we need some guys to step up in the weight room.

Good fight. Builds team unity and energy in the off season

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:00 PM
I feel better about leach at the end of the season than I did mid season. I don't know about 8 wins next season unless we really hit the transfer market at safety and Sawyer takes over at qb.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:03 PM
I feel better about leach at the end of the season than I did mid season. I don't know about 8 wins next season unless we really hit the transfer market at safety and Sawyer takes over at qb.

Yeah. Will is really limited. Small margin for error for him due to athleticism and arm strength. MSU needs a playmaker at QB to win big. We don’t have the overall talent for game manager

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:05 PM
Yeah. Will is really limited. Small margin for error for him due to athleticism and arm strength. MSU needs a playmaker at QB to win big. We don’t have the overall talent for game manager

Yeah, we need a difference maker at qb to win 8 next season

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:08 PM

There are certainly 8,9,10 winnable games next year, but we aren’t going to play well in all those. Nobody does. That’s where you need a playmaker to carry you.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:09 PM
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1344746580801421312?s=21

R2Dawg

I do agree I feel slightly better how the last several games went. We ran ball a little more and didn't make as many mistakes. Yeah I don't see 8 anywhere next year. 6 would be a huge victory.

Commercecomet24
We got room for improvement BUT we made the plays we had to make to win this game and that's huge.

Hambone
12-31-2020, 04:10 PM
I wouldn’t be so hard on Will. First time I bet he’s ever played in this type of weather elements. Also, Tulsa was a very experienced team.

We played a “meh” game and still beat a top 25 team.

Bigger takeaway, Leach ran the ball for the second game in a row.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:12 PM
I wouldn’t be so hard on Will. First time I bet he’s ever played in this type of weather elements. Also, Tulsa was a very experienced team.

We played a “meh” game and still beat a top 25 team.

Bigger takeaway, Leach ran the ball for the second game in a row.

Will is a good player. We need a great player at qb in this offense to win 8-9 games. I'm not trying to down will, but we need Sawyer to be the real deal

dawgday166
12-31-2020, 04:16 PM

11 ... Bama on notice! Dantheman probably has some probabilities and stats that will back that up ****

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:16 PM
I do agree I feel slightly better how the last several games went. We ran ball a little more and didn't make as many mistakes. Yeah I don't see 8 anywhere next year. 6 would be a huge victory.

Look at the schedule before you say this

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Look at the schedule before you say this

I can see us splitting memphis and nc state. We aren't winning at Auburn, bama, or at aTm. I'll be surprised if we beat LSU. OM, KY, and at ark are no gimmes

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Heath great at Hit and Run, two times in clip.

basedog
12-31-2020, 04:21 PM
I’m iffy about Will but he is a young true Freshman. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. I think our OL is a bigger problem than Will. I wouldn’t just completely rule him out just yet.

I like our defense and I also feel better bout Leach. Next year should tell us more but 8 wins is a big step and I’m iffy on that bold prediction.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:23 PM
I can see us splitting memphis and nc state. We aren't winning at Auburn, bama, or at LSU. I'll be surprised if we beat LSU. OM, KY, and at ark are no gimmes

LSU is at home and I’m not sure what Auburn will be next year. We’ll be better

NC State is at home and Memphis won’t be as good as Tulsa today

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:24 PM
I’m iffy about Will but he is a young true Freshman. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. I think our OL is a bigger problem than Will. I wouldn’t just completely rule him out just yet.

I like our defense and I also feel better bout Leach. Next year should tell us more but 8 wins is a big step and I’m iffy on that bold prediction.

Will is solid. You’re right, but he just doesn’t have the athleticism or arm strength to be a playmaker

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 04:28 PM
We won 4 games including our last 2 and got better through the year with a bunch of freshman and walkons playing. We would've won 6 this year more than likely and those kids are only gonna get better. I honestly believe we win 6-7 next year and get another bowl as these kids continue to grow. By the way only 4 sec teams have been to 11 bowls in a row the last 11 years, so getting a bowl game isn't as easy as people seem to think.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:34 PM
Tulsa QB threw several interceptions but clearly had the better game. It was obvious his twitch was on all day and his body type and mechanics were so on. Those interceptions he threw were straight gas.

Our poor old puberty body Will scrambles for a much needed TD in the game but it aint good enough. Takes us down for a dagger TD to end it but it aint good enough.

Broken every freshman passing record we have, Our PPG our efficiency and probably every other stat (including wins) have went up since he has become the starter but he aint good enough for our resident statistician and our body type twitch guru

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:35 PM
And before you say it, yes he missed a throw to Williams for a first down. He is not perfect but he is going to be the best passer we have ever had.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:38 PM
Tulsa QB threw several interceptions but clearly had the better game. It was obvious his twitch was on all day and his body type and mechanics were so on. Those interceptions he threw were straight gas.

Our poor old puberty body Will scrambles for a much needed TD in the game but it aint good enough. Takes us down for a dagger TD to end it but it aint good enough.

Broken every freshman passing record we have, Our PPG our efficiency and probably every other stat (including wins) have went up since he has become the starter but he aint good enough for our resident statistician and our body type twitch guru

The passing records were passed bc of volume passing. Come on mane.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:39 PM

Yeah to our loaded WR corps obviously. The hell do you want him to do not do his job well?

Stupid ass excuse as usual

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:42 PM
Will sucks so bad he made Shrader play WR then transfer.

PS actually shrader made shrader do that bc he would not go throw with the wrs all summer like Will did. Even after his injury was cleared. But I know you will just say Will should not be there he should be home watching moneyball

basedog
12-31-2020, 04:42 PM

Doesn’t matter, Roger Maris broke Babe Ruth’s HR record playing more games.

I’m iffy on Will but like I said he is very young and should grow and get better. I thought for a Freshman he did well and better than I expected.

bulldawg28
12-31-2020, 04:45 PM
Will actually played a solid game considering all of the elements etc. Honestly, he'll improve drastically over the spring and summer. I pick at him at times but he has what it takes to win in the SEC. He'll be stronger and smarter next year along with all of those freshman and this team will be dangerous really soon.

ShotgunDawg

What Will does doesn?t bother me. It?s what he can?t do that bothers me. It?s the plays left on the field that we didn?t attempt.

Todd4State
I agree with Shotgun about Will being a manager vs a play maker. I think Sawyer will be that play maker in time but he will need to develop. I still think Will will be a very good QB for us and win a lot of games for us.

I've honestly never seen MSU have a QB recruit as highly rated by outside experts like Sawyer. A lot of that gets lost in hindsight because we didn't land a safety.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
Will actually played a solid game considering all of the elements etc. Honestly, he'll improve drastically over the spring and summer. I pick at him at times but he has what it takes to win in the SEC. He'll be stronger and smarter next year along with all of those freshman and this team will be dangerous really soon.

Thank you I know that was tough to type *

Todd4State
What Will does doesn?t bother me. It?s what he can?t do that bothers me. It?s the plays left on the field that we didn?t attempt.

He needs to develop a deep passing game at this level. I think he will.

ShotgunDawg
Will sucks so bad he made Shrader play WR then transfer.

PS actually shrader made shrader do that bc he would not go throw with the wrs all summer like Will did. Even after his injury was cleared. But I know you will just say Will should not be there he should be home watching moneyball

He’s not bad, but he needs to improve physically

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:47 PM

Please explain to me what plays we should have attempted? You are getting in my alley now mel be careful

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:47 PM
Yeah to our loaded WR corps obviously. The hell do you want him to do not do his job well?

Stupid ass excuse as usual

We literally saw a true fresh that was better in qbr and passer rating last season in shrader. Will is a good player, but we should all be hoping Sawyer lives up to the hype bc we need a great qb. This isn't personal to me... I wanna win

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:48 PM
He’s not bad, but he needs to improve physically

Absolutely the weight room will help him and all of the other TRUE FRESHMEN

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:49 PM
Please explain to me what plays we should have attempted? You are getting in my alley now mel be careful

He’s just not very athletic and has below average arm strength. He can’t create and requires everything else going right. He’d be great at a blue blood, but MSU needs more than that to really compete.

bulldawg28
Thank you I know that was tough to type *

Lol..nah. I'm realistic .

ShotgunDawg
Absolutely the weight room will help him and all of the other TRUE FRESHMEN

Year but looking at Will’s frame and muscle structure, I’m not sure how strong he can get.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:51 PM
We literally saw a true fresh that was better in qbr and passer rating last season in shrader. Will is a good player, but we should all be hoping Sawyer lives up to the hype bc we need a great qb. This isn't personal to me... I wanna win

Another stupid ass post. First of all I have already said I will be all for Robertson if he wins it bc Leach will play the best one.

2nd, Rogers made his ass quit. Sorry. You lose

He is 10x the passer that Shrader is. Shrader is a smaller Fitz. That is great for a spread option team. But to run an air raid you have to be able to think throw. Shrader has problems with both. Rogers doesnt miss film or workouts

MoreCowbell
12-31-2020, 04:52 PM

In his defense the biggest improvement is usually between your freshman and sophomore years. He got invaluable experience this year and if he has the work ethic will know what he needs to do in the offseason to improve. Will be up to him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:52 PM
Year but looking at Will’s frame and muscle structure, I’m not sure how strong he can get.

Thank God what you think wont have any affect on it at all

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:53 PM
Lol..nah. I'm realistic .

Just giving you shit man

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:53 PM
He’s just not very athletic and has below average arm strength. He can’t create and requires everything else going right. He’d be great at a blue blood, but MSU needs more than that to really compete.

I figured some vague garbage quote was coming

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 04:55 PM
Shotgun, Will is more talented than Minshew. Ask Minshew. Minshew is in the NFL. Idk what you want

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:55 PM

This. We?re a bowl team every year with Will. I want more

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:56 PM
Shotgun, Will is more talented than Minshew. Ask Minshew. Minshew is in the NFL. Idk what you want

No shot Will is more talented than Minshew. Minshew is stronger, quicker, and has a stronger arm.

I would never trust a player on evals. They typically have no awareness of what they’re looking at.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:56 PM
Another stupid ass post. First of all I have already said I will be all for Robertson if he wins it bc Leach will play the best one.

2nd, Rogers made his ass quit. Sorry. You lose

He is 10x the passer that Shrader is. Shrader is a smaller Fitz. That is great for a spread option team. But to run an air raid you have to be able to think throw. Shrader has problems with both. Rogers doesnt miss film or workouts

Only shrader was better at a pure passing stat, passer rating. Obviously this offense fits will much better than shrader. Shrader would've smoked will in Moorhead's offense. You were the one bringing up freshman passing records, so I just pointed out it's pure volume... shrader was a better freshman last year. You would cry a month if will get passed, and he will.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 04:57 PM

Holy sheet. You've completely got brain damage from Will's dick ramming your brain

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 04:57 PM
In his defense the biggest improvement is usually between your freshman and sophomore years. He got invaluable experience this year and if he has the work ethic will know what he needs to do in the offseason to improve. Will be up to him.

He?ll get better but tools usually don?t change.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:03 PM
No shot Will is more talented than Minshew. Minshew is stronger, quicker, and has a stronger arm.

I would never trust a player on evals. They typically have no awareness of what they’re looking at.

No shot. See how that works?

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Holy sheet. You've completely got brain damage from Will's dick ramming your brain

No. I just know bc I have seen it. And heard it. Both of them since they were in 7th grade.

Eat shit moneyball. Will is our QB just like I said he would and should be

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:06 PM
Is Minshew stronger and thicker right now? Absolutely bc he mid 20s. Will is not even 20. But comparatively speaking Will is more talented. He has always had a stronger arm.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 05:07 PM
Is Minshew stronger and thicker right now? Absolutely bc he mid 20s. Will is not even 20. But comparatively speaking Will is more talented. He has always had a stronger arm.

We’ll see in a few years. Just telling what I see

msstate7
12-31-2020, 05:07 PM
To my point that will broke records on volume passing, he was tied for last in the country at yds/att af 5.8. Today, he was at 4.9 yds/att, so he's likely gonna finish the season dead last in this stat

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:09 PM
Only shrader was better at a pure passing stat, passer rating. Obviously this offense fits will much better than shrader. Shrader would've smoked will in Moorhead's offense. You were the one bringing up freshman passing records, so I just pointed out it's pure volume... shrader was a better freshman last year. You would cry a month if will get passed, and he will.

Take your pure passing stats and eat it bc that is all it means. You are honest to God lying to yourself if you think Shrader is a better pure passer than Will. You are calling leach a dumbass basically by saying that. Pretty sure he knows more about pure passing and pure passing stats than you

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:11 PM
To my point that will broke records on volume passing, he was tied for last in the country at yds/att af 5.8. Today, he was at 4.9 yds/att, so he's likely gonna finish the season dead last in this stat

Another meaningless ass stat. Go tell Leach and see what he says about it. He will prolly tell you where to stick it too

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:13 PM
I mean I just think youve got an axe to grind. I have clearly said I will support the best QB bc Leach will play the best one, but all you are doing is finding a way to cut down a class act kid that has made us better. And failing at it tbh

Cooterpoot
12-31-2020, 05:16 PM
I thought we settled down the second half. First half we were letting them get to us a little and just played poorly on offense. Second half was much better. Defense didn't play great but they hit three turnovers and 5 sacks on a down day. That's pretty damn solid vs a top 25 team.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 05:20 PM
Another meaningless ass stat. Go tell Leach and see what he says about it. He will prolly tell you where to stick it too

Maybe it is meaningless, but he's never had a qb go less than 6.3 yds/att until this year

msstate7
12-31-2020, 05:22 PM
I thought we settled down the second half. First half we were letting them get to us a little and just played poorly on offense. Second half was much better. Defense didn't play great but they hit three turnovers and 5 sacks on a down day. That's pretty damn solid vs a top 25 team.

You are schizophrenic. You said tulsa was garbage yesterday

msstate7
12-31-2020, 05:23 PM
I mean I just think youve got an axe to grind. I have clearly said I will support the best QB bc Leach will play the best one, but all you are doing is finding a way to cut down a class act kid that has made us better. And failing at it tbh

I don't know any of these players personally, and I couldn't care less if any of them get passed up by a better player. Hell, I hope they all do. I don't worship any of them

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 05:24 PM

Shotgun, I fear you didn't get a Christmas card from the Rogers family and please don't blame it on record mail volume and sickness with many postal workers. Don't bother to look for a New Year's card, it ain't coming either!**** Hail State Family Through thick and thin!

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:34 PM
I don't know any of these players personally, and I couldn't care less if any of them get passed up by a better player. Hell, I hope they all do. I don't worship any of them

We agree there 100 percent

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2020, 05:34 PM
Maybe it is meaningless, but he's never had a qb go less than 6.3 yds/att until this year

Never started a true freshmen either

msstate7
12-31-2020, 05:36 PM
Never started a true freshmen either

Fair enough.

Mimi's Babies
12-31-2020, 05:38 PM
Yeah. Will is really limited. Small margin for error for him due to athleticism and arm strength. MSU needs a playmaker at QB to win big. We don?t have the overall talent for game manager

Will is 18 years old and straight out of High School.... Remember he took over mid season.... Give him a chance....

msstate7
12-31-2020, 05:39 PM
Will is 18 years old and straight out of High School.... Remember he took over mid season.... Give him a chance....

Me, nor shotgun are pulling against will. We both are hoping Sawyer brings another level of talent to the position though.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 05:41 PM
Me, nor shotgun are pulling against will. We both are hoping Sawyer brings another level of talent to the position though.

This

Goldendawg
12-31-2020, 05:43 PM

Leach will play his best players. Not like the coaches that sent Holloway (although he had great heart and was all Dog), up the middle or benched Aries who always fell forward for extra yards and never tapped out. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 05:47 PM
Leach will play his best players. Not like the coaches that sent Holloway (although he had great heart and was all Dog), up the middle or benched Aries who always fell forward for extra yards and never tapped out. Hail State!

Leach and Arnett both. They could care less what your "stars" were they want the best players out there.

bulldawg28
12-31-2020, 05:50 PM
Just giving you shit man

It's all good.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2020, 05:58 PM
You are schizophrenic. You said tulsa was garbage yesterday

They are. But they're ranked garbage.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 06:00 PM
They are. But they're ranked garbage.

Haha, I do like you, cooter

Irondawg
12-31-2020, 06:02 PM
Will’s upside is going to be totally dependent on how much he can increase his arm strength. He’s never going to have a pure cannon but right now the 20+ yard throws are problematic and that’s pretty clear to the naked eye.

The windows get really tight with the defenses we are seeing and Tulsa really did a good job taking away Walley in the middle and we clearly struggled with outside throws. I’m sure the weather didn’t help but for him to really be a playmaker he’s going to have to be able to squeeze the ball in some places at times.

We will learn a lot next year. He’s going to pack on 15-20 pounds by next fall and it’s clearly his job to lose

KOdawg1
12-31-2020, 06:03 PM
I disagree about none of the safeties playing next year.

Collin Duncan has made some big plays down the stretch. His coverage skills have steadily improved all season, and he's got a couple of INTs to back it up.

You're right about the rest though. Fred Peters coming back next year will help a lot. Hopefully the portal can help us out too.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2020, 06:41 PM

Collin Duncan has made some big plays down the stretch. His coverage skills have steadily improved all season, and he's got a couple of INTs to back it up.

You're right about the rest though. Fred Peters coming back next year will help a lot. Hopefully the portal can help us out too.

CJ Morgan is hopefully 100% and hopefully Janari Dean can help after returning from a meniscus

Commercecomet24
12-31-2020, 06:51 PM

I agree on Duncan he's gotten better. Craft has been serviceable and will provide depth. Getting Peter's and Dean back will definitely help as well.

MoreCowbell
12-31-2020, 07:02 PM
He?ll get better but tools usually don?t change.

Of course they do. An arm can get stronger with work put in and physical maturity. Take a look at early MSU Dak. Would you have ever thought in 2012/2013 that he would be a top 8 QB in the NFL and could make all the throws? Rogers makes good decisions he just has to get in the weight room and put the work in.

Btw I have never met nor have any connections to the kid, it is just what I see with him. Either way with Rogers or Robertson we are gonna be fine at QB position for the next 5 years which is nice to know.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 07:07 PM
Of course they do. An arm can get stronger with work put in and physical maturity. Take a look at early MSU Dak. Would you have ever thought in 2012/2013 that he would be a top 8 QB in the NFL and could make all the throws? Rogers makes good decisions he just has to get in the weight room and put the work in.

Btw I have never met nor have any connections to the kid, it is just what I see with him. Either way with Rogers or Robertson we are gonna be fine at QB position for the next 5 years which is nice to know.

I still think Abraham is a dark horse next season. I really hope Sawyer is the man though bc that would mean he's the real deal.

Santiago
12-31-2020, 07:08 PM
As commerce mentioned, the team got a W, learned to fight for a W and find a way in tough conditions. Learning to win cannot be underestimated for this young team.

KOdawg1
12-31-2020, 07:19 PM
CJ Morgan is hopefully 100% and hopefully Janari Dean can help after returning from a meniscus

I wouldn't count on CJ Morgan for much. He was slow before the injury. You usually don't come back faster.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-31-2020, 07:23 PM
Tulsas best players are Seniors... our best players are True Freshman.... we will Miss Errol Thompson - I don?t know if he will make it in NFL, but dude is a warrior.

HoopsDawg
12-31-2020, 07:25 PM
Tulsas best players are Seniors... our best players are True Freshman.... we will Miss Errol Thompson - I don?t know if he will make it in NFL, but dude is a warrior.

Our best player may be Forbes. We lose today without his pick 6.

Irondawg
12-31-2020, 08:45 PM
How well we revamp the safeties next year is going to be a big part of our success or failure. Peters will help but he’s injury prone. Perkins would have probably helped.

We will need to find a starting caliber safety in the portal most likely so keep your fingers crossed we can find one

HoopsDawg
12-31-2020, 08:54 PM
How well we revamp the safeties next year is going to be a big part of our success or failure. Peters will help but he’s injury prone. Perkins would have probably helped.

We will need to find a starting caliber safety in the portal most likely so keep your fingers crossed we can find one

Most definitely.