PDA

View Full Version : That 1st half was the most Ive enjoyed watching us in basketball in 8-9 years

Coach34
12-30-2020, 07:57 PM
They move the ball
They hustle
They dont force a bunch of shots
They defend
Their body language is like it should be
They play together

This could be a solid team by Feb.

msstate7
12-30-2020, 07:59 PM
I think we're a year away, but I really like the pieces

parabrave
12-30-2020, 08:01 PM
These guys remind me of the Timmy, Roberts, Winsome years. Maybe not as good but they play like them

whosyourdawgy
12-30-2020, 08:01 PM
Guard play wins basketball games. If Molinar doesn?t miss the first few games we?ve got a few more W?s no question. This team is only gonna get better as the year goes on too. I?m a little excited to see how we improve.

Coach34
12-30-2020, 08:03 PM
I think we're a year away, but I really like the pieces

Sure they are- but the fact they are already doing these things is very encouraging. FT's will get better with time. But damn- this is what we have been hoping for since 2008 or 2009

pilldawg
12-30-2020, 08:08 PM
They move the ball
They hustle
They dont force a bunch of shots
They defend
Their body language is like it should be
They play together

This could be a solid team by Feb.

Amazing what playing together does for a team. Also, this team is big and physical. No finesse players like a Tyson Carter was. Nothing against Tyson, but his build wasn?t ideal for SEC defense. And no turnover machines like Weatherspoon and Perry.

R2Dawg
12-30-2020, 09:02 PM
In todays culture of me ball, doing what we are doing is pretty special. Got to give Howland props. He is doing something right. Doing this while still bringing in talent. Our transfers have been huge as well as our freshmen contributing.

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2020, 10:08 PM
They impressed me tonight.

NCMSTFAN
12-30-2020, 10:28 PM
They have been playing tough, team oriented basketball all year, even in losses. It won't happen overnight but this group can be special. DJ and Iverson remind me of Zimmerman and Bowers in terms of their demeanor and especially their athleticism

trob115
12-31-2020, 12:54 AM
Molinar is a stud. We will go as far as he will take us.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-31-2020, 01:30 AM
Really happy for Howland.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-31-2020, 06:52 AM
They look a lot like his old teams at Pitt.

Santiago
12-31-2020, 07:06 AM
Really happy for Howland.

Agree. Also just another side note, wasn't it Bo Bounds a few weeks ago on air saying how the MSU team just doesn't have anyone that moves the needle etc? I get it that he is in entertainment but that was going a bit far after just a few games into the season.

Ari Gold
12-31-2020, 08:05 AM
Agree. Also just another side note, wasn't it Bo Bounds a few weeks ago on air saying how the MSU team just doesn't have anyone that moves the needle etc? I get it that he is in entertainment but that was going a bit far after just a few games into the season.

He also said Sumlin was the next big coach and would be in the NFL sooner than later
And that Blake Hinson was big time player and get for OM..

StarkVegasSteve
12-31-2020, 08:25 AM
He also said Sumlin was the next big coach and would be in the NFL sooner than later
And that Blake Hinson was big time player and get for OM..

Blake Hinson had one good game in 2 years for them and Bo still hasn't stopped talking about him. He was putting him the same conversation as Woodard and Perry. Bo has A LOT of stupid and asinine takes, but I still think that one might be in his top 5.

And that Sumlin thing still makes me laugh. He was convinced Sumlin was the next great CFB coach and A&M was going to be a perennial power under him. He was very quiet after we waxed them in College Station in 2017.

chef dixon
12-31-2020, 08:25 AM
I might be wrong but I think our core are more the type of players to stick around longer. Both Woodard and Perry had the frame and hype that they were ready to jump to the league earlier than most. I think Molinar and especially DJ have a shot at the league, but I'd be surprised if they aren't back for at least next year.

CBB is a guard driven game and it was a huge mismatch against UGA.

msstate7
12-31-2020, 08:27 AM
I might be wrong but I think our core are more the type of players to stick around longer. Both Woodard and Perry had the frame and hype that they were ready to jump to the league earlier than most. I think Molinar and especially DJ have a shot at the league, but I'd be surprised if they aren't back for at least next year.

CBB is a guard driven game and it was a huge mismatch against UGA.

Really need ado to come back for a big run next year.

msbulldog
12-31-2020, 09:26 AM

Bo Bounds ain't real smart, doesn't know much about sports and forgets a whole lot of stuff. Just listen and focus on what he says. OOB is my last go to of podcast.

pilldawg
12-31-2020, 10:10 AM
I don?t think we will keep Molinar or DJ Stewart. Maybe Molinar, but DJ looks like a pro.

thf24
12-31-2020, 10:33 AM
I don?t think we will keep Molinar or DJ Stewart. Maybe Molinar, but DJ looks like a pro.

I think DJ will need another year to polish his game. The standard is just so high for 2 guards in the league right now; you either need to be very strong in all areas of the skill set or the elite of the elite in one or two to go early. I could see Iverson having a shot if he can pump up his assist numbers on a consistent basis while maintaining his current scoring output.

Maroonthirteen
01-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Same ole scat.

This team isn't any good. Kentucky is terrible. But State can't shoot. Doesn't value the basketball. ..... just same ole.

When's baseball

msu15
01-02-2021, 08:34 PM
Annnndddd it's gone. Back to reality with our joke of a head coach.

maroonmania
01-02-2021, 10:29 PM
Unless you enjoy disappointment, its best to never get too emotionally invested in MSU men's basketball.

Bothrops
01-03-2021, 08:15 AM
Wow this program has lost every ounce of self respect if we are praising a losing effort to a 1-6 team that we haven't beaten in the last 14, now 15 contests. I think everyone in this wilting willow league has gotten their nut with Kentucky since us. Opportunity just walked back the **** off into the abyss.