PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou opts out of Music City Bowl

starkvegasdawg
12-27-2020, 04:59 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/mizzou-announces-it-will-not-play-music-city-bowl-pauses-all-team-activities/?fbclid=IwAR3W2RdgJyiEk-67CZIdSFzXekRgofowZPqetgt7FG1juSObtAg0BSWALhw

msstate7
12-27-2020, 05:18 PM
One of the comments says contact tracing leads it back to Starkville according to espn. Hope we good to go.

MafiaDawg
12-27-2020, 05:27 PM
Soft

Fader21
12-27-2020, 05:53 PM
I figured after the Christmas Day bombing it would be canceled

R2Dawg
12-27-2020, 06:06 PM
I think it is more about Mizzou than anything.

parabrave
12-27-2020, 06:20 PM
One of the comments says contact tracing leads it back to Starkville according to espn. Hope we good to go.

Well my neice spent Christmas up in Starkville. Covid made the rounds through her dorm floor.

starkvegasdawg
12-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Well my neice spent Christmas up in Starkville. Covid made the rounds through her dorm floor.

When I was at the doctor earlier this week the nurse I was talking to said it was rampant in Starkville. I didn't get any more details as I think someone had a heart attack in one of the exam rooms. All the docs and nurses and paramedics were all in there working on the person.

R2Dawg
12-27-2020, 09:04 PM
It got bad at the end of the semester. These college kids handle it well though. It is some of the older folks especially with some other conditions that may struggle. I lost one of my best friends from high school this week from Covid. He was in his lower 50s.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-27-2020, 09:15 PM
Leach said tonight that we are in as good of shape numbers wise as we have been in some time.

Ari Gold
12-27-2020, 10:53 PM

**** ESPN

msudawg1200
12-28-2020, 10:52 AM

This is total bullcrap and a cop out by Missouri. Georgia stomped them, we stomped them, and Iowa was about to stomp them. Drinkwitz didn't want to end with a losing record, a bowl loss, and 3 straight butt kickings in his first year, especially after being ranked just three weeks ago. They didn't want to play. Period.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2020, 01:23 PM
This is total bullcrap and a cop out by Missouri. Georgia stomped them, we stomped them, and Iowa was about to stomp them. Drinkwitz didn't want to end with a losing record, a bowl loss, and 3 straight butt kickings in his first year, especially after being ranked just three weeks ago. They didn't want to play. Period.

It does sound like they pansied out like some others have done, while our small group of players and coaches continued to fight on. These kids have battled adversity all year and it appears our toughness has returned.