PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Coastal Carolina

parabrave
12-26-2020, 10:08 PM
Well This is why Non P 5 schools don't get NY6 games. Hell just think if Hugh had a halfway decent QB.

confucius say
12-26-2020, 10:17 PM
Still can't believe auburn hired harsin instead of hugh

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2020, 10:35 PM
Freeze is damaged goods.

Cooterpoot
12-26-2020, 10:36 PM
Halfway decent QB? He transferred from Auburn. He's got over 400 yards and has been good this year.

msstate7
12-26-2020, 10:43 PM
Freeze is damaged goods.

Certainly wouldn't want him teaching my Sunday school or an ethics class, but he can coach. If I were auburn, I would hire him.

ETA... I don't hate the harsin hire as much as many do though, so I'm not saying they screwed up.

Maroonthirteen
12-26-2020, 11:10 PM
Maybe Auburn did not hire him because he is a Moron.

Dumbest coaching decision ever to purposely not score there. Dumb dumb dumb.

SailingDawg
12-26-2020, 11:11 PM
Crazy game. This is why I like bowl games, though this was a regular season game originally.

Hugh done messed up. (Again)

Ari Gold
12-26-2020, 11:19 PM
Well This is why Non P 5 schools don't get NY6 games. Hell just think if Hugh had a halfway decent QB.

Willis is better than the current starting QB at Aub.

Maroonthirteen
12-26-2020, 11:23 PM
Beaver escaped again

SailingDawg
12-26-2020, 11:25 PM
Beaver escaped again

Put your mask on Hugh.

TimberBeast
12-27-2020, 12:25 AM
Beaver escaped again

He did, the playcalling by Coastals coach in OT was incredibly stupid.

Matt3467
12-27-2020, 02:30 AM
Certainly wouldn't want him teaching my Sunday school or an ethics class, but he can coach. If I were auburn, I would hire him.

ETA... I don't hate the harsin hire as much as many do though, so I'm not saying they screwed up.

Exactly. I would've welcomed him here with open arms and so would everyone else on this forum once we started winning.

TimberBeast
12-27-2020, 03:02 AM
Exactly. I would've welcomed him here with open arms and so would everyone else on this forum once we started winning.

You want freeze at State?

Littleman
12-27-2020, 04:03 AM
https://thespun.com/college-football/liberty-fumble-coastal-carolina-cure-bowl-one-yard-line-run-clock-overtime

Leeshouldveflanked
12-27-2020, 08:23 AM
I still don?t think Hugh gets a job in the SEC while we have the current SEC commish...

confucius say
12-27-2020, 10:07 AM
I see a lot of jokes about pool boys and watching. Was there some rumor I missed about freeze watching somebody bang the pool boy?

FISHDAWG
12-27-2020, 10:33 AM

Wrong... My hypocrisy only goes so far

Leroy Jenkins
12-27-2020, 12:08 PM
I see a lot of jokes about pool boys and watching. Was there some rumor I missed about freeze watching somebody bang the pool boy?

Jerry Falwell Jr and his wife used to have 3-ways with a 21 year old pool attendant from a Miami hotel.

confucius say
12-27-2020, 12:51 PM
Jerry Falwell Jr and his wife used to have 3-ways with a 21 year old pool attendant from a Miami hotel.

Well ok then

Leroy Jenkins
12-27-2020, 01:01 PM
Well ok then

To be fair, I don't know if it's "technically" a 3-way because the story is Falwell would just watch this guy plow his wife.

R2Dawg
12-27-2020, 04:13 PM

Yes and no. If it is the right non P5 school the right year, it is fine. Coastal Carolina was not it this year. Liberty would have been a much better option. Liberty has a decent resume and has a solid team. CC is just a good G5 school and that is it.

msstate7
12-27-2020, 04:25 PM
Yes and no. If it is the right non P5 school the right year, it is fine. Coastal Carolina was not it this year. Liberty would have been a much better option. Liberty has a decent resume and has a solid team. CC is just a good G5 school and that is it.

Maybe cinci was the one that shoulda got a shot. I'm saying that without watching them play all year, so I could be way off.

R2Dawg
12-27-2020, 04:29 PM
Maybe cinci was the one that shoulda got a shot. I'm saying that without watching them play all year, so I could be way off.

Yeah I agree. I haven't seen them play either but that would be my bet this year. Their game with UGA will be the litmus test.

StarkVegasSteve
12-28-2020, 11:20 AM

Cincy and BYU were the two best G5 teams IMO. I think if BYU has more than 2 days and a cross country trip on short notice to prepare for Coastal they would've waxed them. BYU literally took everyone else to the woodshed this year.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-28-2020, 01:28 PM

Not me. I seriously would quit watching MSU football is we hired Freeze. If Freeze won a national championship at MSU, I still wouldn't watch or be in support. Some things are bigger than football. And I know some things about Hugh.

PGHBulldogBG
12-28-2020, 07:56 PM
Freeze won this game in OT against a coach that had a team that was picked at the bottom of the sun belt. I would take Chadwell any day over freeze

Coach34
12-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Freeze is a very good coach that has baggage. I respect his offensive coaching while am sickened by his preacher BS. There is the rumor he wont get an SEC job as long as Sankey is SEC Commish- so who knows. I know Auburn didnt want to deal with the baggage which is surprising considering Auburn. Somebody at a big school will hire him at some point in the next couple of years. Southern Miss didnt have the money to hire him. He recruits and he wins. Winning cures everything and he will get another big job

confucius say
12-28-2020, 09:55 PM
Freeze is a very good coach that has baggage. I respect his offensive coaching while am sickened by his preacher BS. There is the rumor he wont get an SEC job as long as Sankey is SEC Commish- so who knows. I know Auburn didnt want to deal with the baggage which is surprising considering Auburn. Somebody at a big school will hire him at some point in the next couple of years. Southern Miss didnt have the money to hire him. He recruits and he wins. Winning cures everything and he will get another big job

Agree.

Todd4State
12-29-2020, 02:11 AM

If Auburn won't take him that's very telling.

I think his only chances are Tennessee- if their boosters can overthrow Fulmer or....and this may surprise some....Florida once Dan leaves for the NFL.

I also think that there is an outside chance he ends up back at Ole Miss at some point once Manning leaves around 2025 if he even goes there in the first place.

I think he is at Liberty for awhile because of his baggage regardless. Might be best for him to just stay there. I could see Memphis possibly hiring him depending on how serious they are about football and depending on what they would be willing to pay.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Halfway decent QB? He transferred from Auburn. He's got over 400 yards and has been good this year.

for real he is leaps and bounds better than Bo Nix

StarkVegasSteve
12-29-2020, 11:00 AM
If Auburn won't take him that's very telling.

I think his only chances are Tennessee- if their boosters can overthrow Fulmer or....and this may surprise some....Florida once Dan leaves for the NFL.

I also think that there is an outside chance he ends up back at Ole Miss at some point once Manning leaves around 2025 if he even goes there in the first place.

I think he is at Liberty for awhile because of his baggage regardless. Might be best for him to just stay there. I could see Memphis possibly hiring him depending on how serious they are about football and depending on what they would be willing to pay.

Tennessee is probably his best bet at this point. As long as Stricklin is at Florida then Freeze won't ever be there. I really think it's probably down to UT and OM if he ever wants a SEC job. Memphis isn't hiring him because of Fred Smith. Fred Smith is not a fan of Freeze and I'm pretty positive he's the one who nixed wanting to hire him last year when Norvell left.

Coach34
12-29-2020, 08:38 PM
Freezus could have had the Southern Miss job and turned it down I hear. He will get a shot again before long.